Leinster v Connacht, Sat 29 Oct @ 17.15 in the RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Connacht, Sat 29 Oct @ 17.15 in the RDS

Post by Hippo »

molloyjh wrote:Yeah it's something that is becoming a big part of the game. 2 or 3 guys providing that screen who end up ahead of the ball carrier on the inside which is getting a lot more like the NFL type screens. I thought the SOB2 incident was particularly obvious case of obstruction though. Leavy was clearly looking to push up on Aki and was clearly prevented by doing so by SOB2 running directly into him. The screens generally just screen the ball, whereas SOB2 clearly prevented a tackle.
As Hugo states, Connacht employ this method all the time. I was going to post about the Leavy incident, which was the most blatant example, after the match but er drink may possibly have intervened.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
rooster
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Connacht, Sat 29 Oct @ 17.15 in the RDS

Post by rooster »

Dave Cahill wrote:Kearney is concussed? Where did you see that? According to Leo he passed his HIA but by the time it was finished he'd be coming off anyway.
Been a couple of Ulster players who have got a bang, one was never off and the other off for HIA and back then it set in a couple of days later, I can see this system getting tightened up more in the future.