New Leinster Rugby website

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: New Leinster Rugby website

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:have only used it once or twice on mobile and the site/fixture list look and work pretty good on that platform
Really? You didn't find it slow and jerky?

I have also found that munster's website is one of the few that give you a full league table.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/league_tables.php

I tried irish rugby. The pro 12 site. The Irish Times. Leinster's was the least informative.
Yeah
worked fine off wifi (3 network comes and goes)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Leinster Branch wrote: Pages per session and session duration also up significantly. So much so in fact that, if I told you, you'd think I was having you on :wink:
That's quite understandable ..................... we have to search each & every page to attempt to find the information we seek :lol: :lol: :lol:
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

it's really poor, causes browser crashes quite often.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Leinster Branch wrote:
johng wrote:My unscientific nose tells me that this site and the few others I see have a fraction of the traffic you got 5 years ago. Is this across the board?
Site traffic last season up 62.56% compared to season 2011/12 (which was a pretty good year). Pages per session and session duration also up significantly. So much so in fact that, if I told you, you'd think I was having you on :wink:
I think the presentation of the new website is really sharp, and I think it's fantastic that you've got the old pen-pics of [very] former players up. I have a couple of suggestions/requests for part of the site [squad profiles] based on using the site pretty frequently.

I think the PLAYED/PLD column [for example: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/academy-pla ... d=RO410082 ] is a bit redundant. Personally speaking, I think it'd be more useful to have the player's jersey number for the match in question, i.e. in the case of this player you'd know if he started at outside centre, winger or on the bench. Secondly, I think the 'Minutes Played' column from the old profiles was useful - maybe that could go back in?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

seems like the u20/development side is being ignored on the website also.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Opened up the Leinster site last week and lost my wireless internet within seconds. Had to hook the computer up to the modem with an ethernet cable to reinstall the drivers. Opened up the website again today and the same thing started happening so closed all the pages I had open. Needless to say, Leinsterrugby.ie is dead to me now. Pity.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

the website remains terrible.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Would somebody from Leinster Rugby Please start listening to the Users of the Website ( or Lack of Users as it is now) ... I agree with all of the previous posters... quite simply it is dreadful, i avoid using it completely now, a complete disaster... If I was a potential Advertiser , I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole..
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

alanair wrote:Would somebody from Leinster Rugby Please start listening to the Users of the Website ( or Lack of Users as it is now) ... I agree with all of the previous posters... quite simply it is dreadful, i avoid using it completely now, a complete disaster... If I was a potential Advertiser , I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole..
+1
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

I don't mind it. Love the players stats page. I don't use tablets though......maybe you should all lay off the drugs!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

crashes of freeze on me 80% of the time.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

alanair wrote:Would somebody from Leinster Rugby Please start listening to the Users of the Website ( or Lack of Users as it is now) ... I agree with all of the previous posters... quite simply it is dreadful, i avoid using it completely now, a complete disaster... If I was a potential Advertiser , I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole..
+ an other
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

hugonaut wrote:
Leinster Branch wrote:
johng wrote:My unscientific nose tells me that this site and the few others I see have a fraction of the traffic you got 5 years ago. Is this across the board?
Site traffic last season up 62.56% compared to season 2011/12 (which was a pretty good year). Pages per session and session duration also up significantly. So much so in fact that, if I told you, you'd think I was having you on :wink:
I think the presentation of the new website is really sharp, and I think it's fantastic that you've got the old pen-pics of [very] former players up. I have a couple of suggestions/requests for part of the site [squad profiles] based on using the site pretty frequently.

I think the PLAYED/PLD column [for example: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/academy-pla ... d=RO410082 ] is a bit redundant. Personally speaking, I think it'd be more useful to have the player's jersey number for the match in question, i.e. in the case of this player you'd know if he started at outside centre, winger or on the bench. Secondly, I think the 'Minutes Played' column from the old profiles was useful - maybe that could go back in?
I see your very good point on the cr@p PLD column hasn't been fixed. Did he play? Check.

Looking at the site on my PC, it says Rory O'Loughlin has 40 points this season, but no tries - http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/academy-pla ... d=RO410082

Is this the same for everyone else?

When I click on SEASON for O'Loughlin, I get the tick for played but minutes and tries are totally empty but it says 880 at the bottom. Really sh!t website.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

What browser are you using? Had none of these issues. Using firefox btw.

And I'm not dismissing your problems, it reflects really badly on it if the site isn't cross browser compatible with basic pc browsers.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

I'very given up on the damn thing. It locks up both my PC and tablet.
It's really annoying
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Also, theres a circular navigation loop between it and the seasons tickets subsite when you go looking for the prices of season tickets. That is the proof that either Satan or a complete f%~king sadist b$&%@#d got their hands on it. People who create circular navigation loops should be taken out and given the wetsuit and bucket of soapy frogs treatment.
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

The Leinster Rugby website is a disaster. It freezes my Firefox any time I try to look up anything on it.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

riocard911 wrote:The Leinster Rugby website is a disaster. It freezes my Firefox any time I try to look up anything on it.
yup +1
RnR
Knowledgeable

Post by RnR »

goreyguy wrote:
riocard911 wrote:The Leinster Rugby website is a disaster. It freezes my Firefox any time I try to look up anything on it.
yup +1
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I got it working ok on Opera, but it was freezing up on other browsers
Dont Panic!