New Leinster Rugby website

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

goreyguy
Shane Jennings

New Leinster Rugby website

Post by goreyguy »

Last edited by goreyguy on November 8th, 2016, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: New Leinster Rugby website

Post by neiliog93 »

They've rejigged all the stats on the Pro 12 website too (which is linked to the websites of all the playing teams in terms of stats etc) and you can't check things like top try or points scorer by season any more.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

it's a poor website, very glitchy.
Leinster Branch
Beginner

Post by Leinster Branch »

neiliog93 wrote:They've rejigged all the stats on the Pro 12 website too (which is linked to the websites of all the playing teams in terms of stats etc) and you can't check things like top try or points scorer by season any more.
Historical stats will be added over the coming days.

There is now a much broader range of stats on the site for individual players and games, provided by Opta. You will see these on player profiles, as well as in match previews and reports.

If there's anything you would like to see added, let us know.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

goreyguy wrote:it's a poor website, very glitchy.

Far from an improvement alright :cry:
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

These things always take time to adjust to.

I like it. Cleaner layout.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I guess it's optimised for mobile which they will have seen is the majority of visits.

I don't like everything for mobile (all that scrolling rather than clicking) but it's the way everything is now so my personal tastes are out of line with what is wanted now.

Scroll wheels are the very devil himself though - I can't use one for a few minutes without crippling tendonitis and I recommend you get rid of any of the little f%~kers from your mice - and these sites tend to make people use them.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Leinster Branch wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:They've rejigged all the stats on the Pro 12 website too (which is linked to the websites of all the playing teams in terms of stats etc) and you can't check things like top try or points scorer by season any more.
Historical stats will be added over the coming days.

There is now a much broader range of stats on the site for individual players and games, provided by Opta. You will see these on player profiles, as well as in match previews and reports.

If there's anything you would like to see added, let us know.
Thanks for the info!
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leinster Branch
Beginner

Post by Leinster Branch »

fourthirtythree wrote:I guess it's optimised for mobile which they will have seen is the majority of visits.

I don't like everything for mobile (all that scrolling rather than clicking) but it's the way everything is now so my personal tastes are out of line with what is wanted now.

Scroll wheels are the very devil himself though - I can't use one for a few minutes without crippling tendonitis and I recommend you get rid of any of the little f%~kers from your mice - and these sites tend to make people use them.
Correct. Roughly 7/10 users are on a mobile or tablet.

You can scroll if you want, or just hit the menu and go from there. The search function has also been greatly improved.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Leinster Branch wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:I guess it's optimised for mobile which they will have seen is the majority of visits.

You can scroll if you want, or just hit the menu and go from there. The search function has also been greatly improved.
Indeed!
Sent from myMobile using Keypad.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

It's better than Connacht's website. That's the best I can say for now.

I personally hate the "mobile" views you get on sites and particularly hate when you can't switch them off. The old website had a button up the top that you could click to switch to "desktop view" on your phone

In fairness there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference. Correction! The league table on a phone is horrific. each row is too tall. If you turn sideways you get no more info and only fit about half the teams.

On here. http://www.irishrugby.ie/guinnesspro12/league_table.php you can choose "desktop view" and fit the whole table on one screen with all info.

Is there anywhere on it that you can look at the fixtures in a list? so you could fit more than 2 on the screen at one time?

Even the OLSC season planner has been removed.

On a fast i7 PC with a bucket of ram and an SSD drive it is still really jumpy and uncomfortable. (not at a Connacht site level but....)

Perhaps I'll get used to it. Will let you know.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

johng wrote:It's better than Connacht's website. That's the best I can say for now.

I personally hate the "mobile" views you get on sites and particularly hate when you can't switch them off. The old website had a button up the top that you could click to switch to "desktop view" on your phone

In fairness there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference. Correction! The league table on a phone is horrific. each row is too tall. If you turn sideways you get no more info and only fit about half the teams.

On here. http://www.irishrugby.ie/guinnesspro12/league_table.php you can choose "desktop view" and fit the whole table on one screen with all info.

Is there anywhere on it that you can look at the fixtures in a list? so you could fit more than 2 on the screen at one time?

Even the OLSC season planner has been removed.

On a fast i7 PC with a bucket of ram and an SSD drive it is still really jumpy and uncomfortable. (not at a Connacht site level but....)

Perhaps I'll get used to it. Will let you know.

Sent from my Dell XPS 15 Full HD InfinityEdge 15.6 inch Ultrabook (Intel Core i7-6700HQ, 16GB, 512GB, NVidia GTX960, 2GB, BT, FHD, Windows 10) - Silver using Firefox
Fixed
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

How dare you imply I use Dell products. :Fist Shaking Icon:

Sent from my HP desktop
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ah nuts

if the Branch are posting/reading here now we're going to have to do a Reptillary Clinton level of deletion

:wink:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Leinster Branch wrote:

Thanks for that, any things we might like in there? I ask only as I would like to hear if there is anything we might appreciate.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Leinster Branch wrote:

Thanks for that, any things we might like in there? I ask only as I would like to hear if there is anything we might appreciate.
If you're into stats at all there's a couple of nice additions - go to the fixtures/results page and select either player or team stats. It's really nice to have such a handy source for metres gained, carries, offloads, turnovers made and conceded, rucks/ scrums won and lost etc
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Don't like the way the fixture is now displayed but one thing I did notice when looking at it is that we are away in Galway on Good Friday night .............. Anyone know of a Galway bar that opens on a Good Friday????
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

BlueWheels wrote:Don't like the way the fixture is now displayed but one thing I did notice when looking at it is that we are away in Galway on Good Friday night .............. Anyone know of a Galway bar that opens on a Good Friday????
The hotel bar
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

BlueWheels wrote:Don't like the way the fixture is now displayed but one thing I did notice when looking at it is that we are away in Galway on Good Friday night .............. Anyone know of a Galway bar that opens on a Good Friday????
No we're not. The fixtures after round 13 in Jan have not been set yet. We are in Galway on Easter weekend is all.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote:
No we're not. The fixtures after round 13 in Jan have not been set yet. We are in Galway on Easter weekend is all.
The only problem is that that weekend is a 'big weekend' and the fixtures that weekend all have specific times, dates and broadcaster info associated with them, unlike the weekends around them, which are all 'weekend of..' types.
I have Bumbleflex