Scarlets v Leinster Friday 25/11 k.o. 19:35

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Scarlets v Leinster Friday 25/11 k.o. 19:35

Post by simonokeeffe »

pro12 site acting the fool so not sure of tv coverage, Leinster site says BBC (Wales)

Isa, Byrne, ROL, Reid, Daly, Byrne, JGP, Dooley, Strauss, Bent, McCarthy, Nagle, Ruddock, Leavy, Conan
Byrne, Porter, Heffernan, Molony, Ryan, McCarthy, Daly, Kirchner

Scarlets team for last league game was

Scarlets: Aled Thomas, DTH van der Merwe, Steff Hughes, Hadleigh Parkes (captain), Steff Evans, Rhys Patchell, Jonathan Evans; Wyn Jones, Ryan Elias, Werner Kruger, Tom Price, David Bulbring, Aaron Shingler, Will Boyde, James Davies.

Replacements: Emyr Phillips, Dylan Evans, Peter Edwards, Lewis Rawlins, John Barclay, Aled Davies, Dan Jones, Gareth Owen

missing due to internationals
Last edited by simonokeeffe on November 21st, 2016, 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Scarlets v Leinster Friday 25/11 k.o. 19:35

Post by johng »

Ruddock and Carburry could end up covering Stander and Jonny if they don't recover.

Perhaps more may end up training with Ireland during the week removing them from the 1st XV
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:Ruddock and Carburry could end up covering Stander and Jonny if they don't recover.

Perhaps more may end up training with Ireland during the week removing them from the 1st XV
I didnt have Joey there for that reason, you might be right about Ruddock but I think more likely I was wrong about us having Leavy
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd be happy enough with a battling performance and a LBP from this I think.
Scarlets nowhere near as depleted as we are from internationals.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Rhys R will not get called up with PO'M available. Carberry will not be released now. But Treacy may be released. Doubt that Leavy will be released.

We should play Zane K on the wing or FB with Adam Byrne & Isa in back-three. But game will be won up front and presence of Bent, Dooley, Ross & possibly Porter with Mike McC, Nagle / Molony / Triggs, together with the Back-row options, should give JGP enough ball to orchestrate a win.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Why would Leavy not be released? Our back row for Australia will be Heaslip, SOB, POM, with VDF on the bench. Carberry will be benching vs Australia and won't get released. Tracy should get released.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

He could well be 24th man
I have Bumbleflex
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

If Leavy isn't released, do they go for Will Connors at 7, or play Ruddock or Ryan out of position? I'm not sure how good Connors is, but I'm not a big fan of playing blindsides at openside.

Probably better to bench Tracy, if he doesn't train with Leinster during the week
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Both Ruddock and Ryan have played a bit at 7 so probably that option. Not sure if he's injured but Peadar Timmins would be ahead of Will Connors for the bench spot.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

As much as I like a genuine open side I think it will be Ruddock or Ryan at 7 which is a tough task v James Davies but Rhys has delivered there before

Problem is we play the night before Ireland so theyll probably keep Tracy, McGrath, and one of Leavy or JOD to cover potential unforseen circumstances

Hopefully SOB & JVDF being fit plus his versatility means its JOD (just to be provincially selfish)

Hopefully Molony reemerges too
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Both Ruddock and Ryan have played a bit at 7 so probably that option. Not sure if he's injured but Peadar Timmins would be ahead of Will Connors for the bench spot.
Ruddock has played 7 at international level I wouldn't have any problem of him doing it again.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

simonokeeffe wrote:pro12 site acting the fool so not sure of tv coverage, Leinster site says BBC (Wales)
If, as looks likely, the game is only available on BBC Wales, those who have a Sky dish can tune in the channel. Here's the directions as published in the Irish Times last year for Ireland’s warm-up match against Wales prior to the World Cup.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/i ... -1.2310134
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

BlueWheels wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:pro12 site acting the fool so not sure of tv coverage, Leinster site says BBC (Wales)
If, as looks likely, the game is only available on BBC Wales, those who have a Sky dish can tune in the channel. Here's the directions as published in the Irish Times last year for Ireland’s warm-up match against Wales prior to the World Cup.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/i ... -1.2310134
thank you

those of us with lax morals can use BBC iplayer except I'll be in work ffs

good news is Samoa play Canada Friday night it turns out so no DTHVDM either for them
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Ross is out anyway.. Loughman likely to be bench TH.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

@CianTracey1
'Mike Ross has a high grade hamstring injury and will undergo a second scan this week. He faces a spell out.'

Balls. Could've done with him for the next few games.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

wixfjord wrote:@CianTracey1
'Mike Ross has a high grade hamstring injury and will undergo a second scan this week. He faces a spell out.'

needed to expose one of the young TH's eventually anyway.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

goreyguy wrote:

I'd much prefer to do that at home to Dragons in a few weeks or against an Italian side rather than away to Scarlets.
Ross is a big loss at this time of year, in one area that we're not too equipped to take it.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

wixfjord wrote:
goreyguy wrote:

I'd much prefer to do that at home to Dragons in a few weeks or against an Italian side rather than away to Scarlets.
Ross is a big loss at this time of year, in one area that we're not too equipped to take it.
The Scarlets mostly look to play from scrums, or that's my impression of them anyway, so hopefully it won't be an issue. Bent with Loughman subbing, and Mike McCarthy pushing in the secondrow will hopefully hold up. Would Triggs or Kearney be a stronger scrummaging lock for the bench?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Worryingly..... Did JGP & RR sit out training with the other injured today? Maybe they were just standing there at the time :shock:

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Worryingly..... Did JGP & RR sit out training with the other injured today? Maybe they were just standing there at the time :shock:

Theyre wearing boots and proper shorts so theyre just standing there

Ferg and DK werent doing contact by the baggy/non tackleable shorts

Bent gets to step up, at least we're not short on TH locks