Northampton Saints v Leinster BT Friday 7.45

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Northampton Saints v Leinster BT Friday 7.45

Post by blockhead »

Just watched the match again. What struck me was the frequent and loud renditions of Molly Malone, even the commentator mentioned it. Well done to all of ye who were there and belted it out. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I'd say Kearney has been working on that part of his attacking game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote:Just watched the match again. What struck me was the frequent and loud renditions of Molly Malone, even the commentator mentioned it. Well done to all of ye who were there and belted it out. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
+1 :green clap:
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

blockhead wrote:Just watched the match again. What struck me was the frequent and loud renditions of Molly Malone, even the commentator mentioned it. Well done to all of ye who were there and belted it out. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Yeah- noticed that too. Great to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Spellster
Beginner

Post by Spellster »

simonokeeffe wrote:Furlong named in Midi Olympiques XV of the round
Not a single Leinster player made the Torygraphs XV of the round. Top two rugby stories are "RFU chief thinks Dylan Hartley should have his record as England captain as a mitigating factor in the ban" and second is an editorial "Dylan Hartley should still be England captain even if he's banned". I feel guilty for giving them page views.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Spellster wrote:
Not a single Leinster player made the Torygraphs XV of the round. Top two rugby stories are "RFU chief thinks Dylan Hartley should have his record as England captain as a mitigating factor in the ban" and second is an editorial "Dylan Hartley should still be England captain even if he's banned". I feel guilty for giving them page views.
And so you should! Even if I do like Brian Moore, that is the rag all the Hooray Heinrichs read!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Spellster wrote:
Fup the telegraph, we dont no english media blowin smoke up our arses anyhow.
Hartley's deliberate strike to the back of the head of SOB was immeadiatley put into the "reckless" category, which was a premeditated attempt to downplay it. I'd imagine by the end of the week the narrative will have morphed into something along the lines of " a careless attempt at a tackle on a player who was falling, which made it look worse. And probably wouldn't have been even a penalty last season"
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

When you consume as much plonk as Torygraph editors do, what happened last Friday seems like a different eon come Sunday evening.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:
Spellster wrote:
Fup the telegraph, we dont no english media blowin smoke up our arses anyhow.
Hartley's deliberate strike to the back of the head of SOB was immeadiatley put into the "reckless" category, which was a premeditated attempt to downplay it. I'd imagine by the end of the week the narrative will have morphed into something along the lines of " a careless attempt at a tackle on a player who was falling, which made it look worse. And probably wouldn't have benefited even a penalty last season"
"Hartley strikes blowv for Brexit " as a headline has a certainring ring to it.
Or "Hartley SOBs his way to the touchline"
Or "Have a Hartley" as a caption for a photo of the incident.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

blockhead wrote: Fup the telegraph, we dont no english media blowin smoke up our arses anyhow.
Hartley's deliberate strike to the back of the head of SOB was immeadiatley put into the "reckless" category, which was a premeditated attempt to downplay it. I'd imagine by the end of the week the narrative will have morphed into something along the lines of " a careless attempt at a tackle on a player who was falling, which made it look worse. And probably wouldn't have been even a penalty last season"
believe it or not, that paraphrases some of the guff some of the saints fans are coming out with (not all of them I hasten to add).
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

At least the charge is for striking an oponent as opposed to a dangerous tackle (although it carries a lower maximum ban). There was no way it was ever a tackle. I would say the fact that he was falling made it more tempting to Hartley as he was able to keep his arm low as he swung it.
Spellster
Beginner

Post by Spellster »

domhnallj wrote:
blockhead wrote: Fup the telegraph, we dont no english media blowin smoke up our arses anyhow.
believe it or not, that paraphrases some of the guff some of the saints fans are coming out with (not all of them I hasten to add).
If anyone wants to read some Saints fans views http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 1,15839548. Here's the worst.
Bottom line was, imho he was swinging to try to dislodge the ball, and missed...

Low level entry point for the offence of striking an opponent.

some + & -'s later...

back playing rugby in time for international duty... how can you drop the unbeaten captain for that!
Personally, I've started following MMA recently and it looked similar to the strike Tyron Woodley knocked Robbie Lawler out with to win the Welterweight title, a long hook to the temple but Woodley connected with his gloved fist and Hartley with his forearm. I hope he gets 8 weeks at a minimum.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Edna Kenny wrote:At least the charge is for striking an oponent as opposed to a dangerous tackle (although it carries a lower maximum ban). There was no way it was ever a tackle. I would say the fact that he was falling made it more tempting to Hartley as he was able to keep his arm low as he swung it.
Hartley claiming it's a TRUMPed up charge might be his best defence.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Spellster wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
If anyone wants to read some Saints fans views http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 1,15839548. Here's the worst.
Bottom line was, imho he was swinging to try to dislodge the ball, and missed...

Low level entry point for the offence of striking an opponent.

some + & -'s later...

back playing rugby in time for international duty... how can you drop the unbeaten captain for that!
Personally, I've started following MMA recently and it looked similar to the strike Tyron Woodley knocked Robbie Lawler out with to win the Welterweight title, a long hook to the temple but Woodley connected with his gloved fist and Hartley with his forearm. I hope he gets 8 weeks at a minimum.
In professional wrestling, WWE and the like, that particular move is called a clothes-line!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

"Dylan Hartley: England captain backed by RFU boss Ian Ritchie"

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/38301404
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

riocard911 wrote:"Dylan Hartley: England captain backed by RFU boss Ian Ritchie"

You'd imagine he wouldn't be receiving the same support from the RFU if he did it against an english team mate.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

riocard911 wrote:"Dylan Hartley: England captain backed by RFU boss Ian Ritchie"

Best line is the last one:
Ian Ritchie wrote:"Concussion is definitely a big challenge. We have to address it head on."
Four Stars
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ritchie A. shouldnt be meddling but B. think he was just referecning him keeping the captaincy, not length of ban

Either way Doubt Eddie Jones wants him making decisions for him/cheerleading players, and no I dont trust the RFU to be that well orchestrated that Ritchie is acting as Jones's mouthpiece
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'm really interested to see if ZK starts at the weekend if Rob is injured.
I've a sneaking suspicion that he won't and ROL will be placed onto the wing again because - conspiracy theory time - Leo is prioritising game time for Irish outside backs ahead of him, and showing Nucifora a good picture so we might be given dispensation to replace him/Isa during the summer. Obviously ROL is playing well, as is Adam Byrne, but Zane's lack of gametime over the last few months has been interesting.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Appears to be a bit of a media campaign going to limit the severity of Hartleys ban.