Mick Kearney

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

COYBIB
Enlightened

Re: Mick Kearney

Post by COYBIB »

Xanthippe wrote:Games/minutes for our 2nd rows so far this season

I think this is slightly the issue. Other than Dev, we have 5 lads more or less vying for the same spot. I'm not sure you could include Triggs in that, I doubt he'll be kept around, so should probably be considered back-up for depth more than anything, but of those lads, you've got McCarthy probably in his final season, which leaves Kearney, Molony and Nagle all fighting it out for Devs main partner. I don't think any of them have really blown and opportunity or any have snatched it either. I think McCarthy is still our best second option and of those three, Mick Kearney has impressed me most, but I think we have three very solid locks with a good few years ahead of them. Perhaps those 3 + Toner minus Triggs and McCarthy could enable a pretty decent level signing there. I know it's been tried several times now, but a top class lock beside Toner and those 3 lads backing them up is a pretty decent second row roster and would polish off what is an extremely high quality, extremely good depth squad of forwards with only one NIQ required.

Get that sorted, then it's on to sorting out back-three situation for next season.

Tighthead can wait another year.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.