Mick Kearney

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

jezzer
Rob Kearney

Mick Kearney

Post by jezzer »

So, anyone know why he has fallen off the Leinster planet?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Re: Mick Kearney

Post by goreyguy »

fairly simple, poor performance.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jezzer wrote:So, anyone know why he has fallen off the Leinster planet?
according to management and himself hes had a shoulder niggle which hes struggled with
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

goreyguy wrote:fairly simple, poor performance.
It's not like Triggs, McCarthy, Nagle and/or Molony have been setting the world on fire
simonokeeffe wrote:according to management and himself hes had a shoulder niggle which hes struggled with
He's managing to play for Tarf with whatever he has. Just surprised at how fast and far he's fallen out of favour given he was probably our best lock not called Dev for a brief period when he got going.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jezzer wrote:
goreyguy wrote:fairly simple, poor performance.
It's not like Triggs, McCarthy, Nagle and/or Molony have been setting the world on fire
simonokeeffe wrote:according to management and himself hes had a shoulder niggle which hes struggled with
He's managing to play for Tarf with whatever he has. Just surprised at how fast and far he's fallen out of favour given he was probably our best lock not called Dev for a brief period when he got going.
was that just this weekend or in general Jezzer?

when he did play this season just look at how often he went off injured/what was mentioned in injury updates

obviously though if he has a ongoing injury issue its hard for him play well/up to the pace and standard required (compared to AIL)
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

he's played for clontarf in the ail for a few weeks now.

if he was injured he wouldn't be playing.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Was just thinking yesterday that there's still a Nathan Hines sized hole in our squad. None of our locks are putting in MoTM performances this season (I make this statement without any research thus firing the starting pistol for the forum statos ). It's a big weakness when facing up to a team with a talent like Lawes and don't get me started on last weekends lineout performance.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

outcast eddie wrote:Was just thinking yesterday that there's still a Nathan Hines sized hole in our squad. None of our locks are putting in MoTM performances this season (I make this statement without any research thus firing the starting pistol for the forum statos ). It's a big weakness when facing up to a team with a talent like Lawes and don't get me started on last weekends lineout performance.
Reservation (AND FONT SIZE NOTED) but beg to disagree as Nagle has been playing very well as has Molony, although he lacks the absolute physique of Mike Mc or Kearney. The only one of our second-rows who has disappointed in the Blue jersey is our Maori, who has been competent but never really abrasive or dominating. Very keen to see Kearney back in harness but more than satisfied with what Nagle is producing so far.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Mick Kearney will never be Nathan Hines..
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

@eddie Dont think lineout malfunctions v Dragons came down to size of our second rows

Nathan Hines was a freak though, skills of Retallick and the mongrel of Cudmore.

If we're talking a hefty TH lock which I think you are then thats been complicated by injuries to McCarthy & MK. Toner is class but is a slightly awkward fit in terms of partners especially if you factor in his Ireland role

Would agree Nagle is looking good and Molony is still a bright prospect
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Our lifting against Dragons looked very messy. Hardly surprising given personnel and lack of playing time together.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

If we can get Mike Mac fit and firing (he showed well again the other night, albeit in a short period), then that'd be a big boost. While Nagle has been playing really well, I don't think he and Dev is a great match.

Mick K is not fully fit, but he's also been playing poorly too. Looked a little lazy at times.

Big Dev is more than enough of a match for Lawes.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Re Lawes: 1. I still haven't forgiven him for the cheap shot on BO'D in the England match in our Slam year '09. 2. We'd want to be on our toes, that he doesn't take out Carberry with one of his famous "late" tackles like he did to Toby Flood in the 2013 Premiership final . Scummer.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Games/minutes for our 2nd rows so far this season

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

goreyguy wrote:Mick Kearney will never be Nathan Hines..
.. is neither here nor there. Give me . or give me ...
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

hugonaut wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Mick Kearney will never be Nathan Hines..
.. is neither here nor there. Give me . or give me ...
someone mentioned a nathan hines sized hole in the squad, i'd thought it prudent to mention that that hole could not be filled by Mick Kearney.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

riocard911 wrote:Re Lawes: 1. I still haven't forgiven him for the cheap shot on BO'D in the England match in our Slam year '09. 2. We'd want to be on our toes, that he doesn't take out Carberry with one of his famous "late" tackles like he did to Toby Flood in the 2013 Premiership final . Scummer.
You mean the cheap shot on BOD by Delon Armitage?
leinsterforever
Mullet

Ruckedtobits wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:Was just thinking yesterday that there's still a Nathan Hines sized hole in our squad. None of our locks are putting in MoTM performances this season (I make this statement without any research thus firing the starting pistol for the forum statos ). It's a big weakness when facing up to a team with a talent like Lawes and don't get me started on last weekends lineout performance.
Reservation (AND FONT SIZE NOTED) but beg to disagree as Nagle has been playing very well as has Molony, although he lacks the absolute physique of Mike Mc or Kearney. The only one of our second-rows who has disappointed in the Blue jersey is our Maori, who has been competent but never really abrasive or dominating. Very keen to see Kearney back in harness but more than satisfied with what Nagle is producing so far.
I think Triggs has been good when he's played this season
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

leinsterforever wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Re Lawes: 1. I still haven't forgiven him for the cheap shot on BO'D in the England match in our Slam year '09. 2. We'd want to be on our toes, that he doesn't take out Carberry with one of his famous "late" tackles like he did to Toby Flood in the 2013 Premiership final . Scummer.
You're right. I got me thugs mixed up there. Thanks.
leinsterforever
Mullet

riocard911 wrote:
leinsterforever wrote:
You're right. I got me thugs mixed up there. Thanks.
Racist