A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

outcast eddie
Mullet

Re: Mick Kearney

Post by outcast eddie »

goreyguy wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Mick Kearney will never be Nathan Hines..
.. is neither here nor there. Give me . or give me ...
someone mentioned a nathan hines sized hole in the squad, i'd thought it prudent to mention that that hole could not be filled by Mick Kearney.
I was generalising about our second rows. So far this year we have seen stand out performances from individuals within the front row union, the back row, the half backs and the speedsters but the second rowers are conspicuous by their lack of eye-catching moments. Some credible performances yes, but nothing for the highlight reels that I can think of offhand.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

@ leinsterforever: That's a dreadful accusation to make and IMO quite unjustified. I couldn't care less what colour Lawes, Armitage, Marler, Meelamu, Pape et al are. Guys who carry out cheap shots are low life to me - regardless of their ethnic origins or the pigment of their skin. Just because I managed to get two coloured guys mixed up doesn't make me a racist. If it was BO'D had done the same thing to Lawes, I would be similarly unimpressed and just as condemning. Perhaps you could try to not be quite so presumptuous, before you name call someone like that in the future.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

riocard911 wrote:@ leinsterforever: That's a dreadful accusation to make and IMO quite unjustified. I couldn't care less what colour Lawes, Armitage, Marler, Meelamu, Pape et al are. Guys who carry out cheap shots are low life to me - regardless of their ethnic origins or the pigment of their skin. Just because I managed to get two coloured guys mixed up doesn't make me a racist. If it was BO'D had done the same thing to Lawes, I would be similarly unimpressed and just as condemning. Perhaps you could try to not be quite so presumptuous, before you name call someone like that in the future.
Dude, I was joking. I don't think you're a racist
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

leinsterforever wrote:
riocard911 wrote:@ leinsterforever: That's a dreadful accusation to make and IMO quite unjustified. I couldn't care less what colour Lawes, Armitage, Marler, Meelamu, Pape et al are. Guys who carry out cheap shots are low life to me - regardless of their ethnic origins or the pigment of their skin. Just because I managed to get two coloured guys mixed up doesn't make me a racist. If it was BO'D had done the same thing to Lawes, I would be similarly unimpressed and just as condemning. Perhaps you could try to not be quite so presumptuous, before you name call someone like that in the future.
I'm delighted to hear that. You had me worried there for a minute.....
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

riocard911 wrote:
leinsterforever wrote:
Your original post (mistaking Lawes for Armitage) and then when corrected responding with "I got my thugs mixed up there" does read really poorly and could easily be misconstrued as racism by people reading it. You've clarified it since which is fair enough but when I read it initially it did leave me wondering.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

@cormac: Fair point.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

I yield to no man in my disdain for Delon Armitage. Not sure what that makes me, but anyone with a problem with it can FRO.
A proud Winsome Fluter
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Lawes has matured massively as a player, Felon Armitage never did
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

simonokeeffe wrote:Lawes has matured massively as a player, Felon Armitage never did
He is a great player, no question. I'll tell you though, if he pulls one of those "late" tackles on Carberry and Stuart Barnes tries to tell us "that's perfectly legal" - I will go ****ING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

riocard911 wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Lawes has matured massively as a player, Felon Armitage never did
He is a great player, no question. I'll tell you though, if he pulls one of those "late" tackles on Carberry and Stuart Barnes tries to tell us "that's perfectly legal" - I will go ****ING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would agree but thought he'd cut them out?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

goreyguy wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Mick Kearney will never be Nathan Hines..
.. is neither here nor there. Give me . or give me ...
someone mentioned a nathan hines sized hole in the squad, i'd thought it prudent to mention that that hole could not be filled by Mick Kearney.
I'm just commenting on your punctuation habit of using two dots – I never know if you're making a definitive statement [i.e. ending with a single full stop] or leaving it open to interpretation [ending with an ellipsis].
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Mick Kearney

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

leinsterforever wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
leinsterforever wrote: You mean the cheap shot on BOD by Delon Armitage?
You're right. I got me thugs mixed up there. Thanks.
Racist
But neither are members of the legendary Indian death cult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

leinsterforever wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:Was just thinking yesterday that there's still a Nathan Hines sized hole in our squad. None of our locks are putting in MoTM performances this season (I make this statement without any research thus firing the starting pistol for the forum statos ). It's a big weakness when facing up to a team with a talent like Lawes and don't get me started on last weekends lineout performance.
Reservation (AND FONT SIZE NOTED) but beg to disagree as Nagle has been playing very well as has Molony, although he lacks the absolute physique of Mike Mc or Kearney. The only one of our second-rows who has disappointed in the Blue jersey is our Maori, who has been competent but never really abrasive or dominating. Very keen to see Kearney back in harness but more than satisfied with what Nagle is producing so far.
I think Triggs has been good when he's played this season
Ricky Flutey also had a cheap hit on BOD in that match.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

simonokeeffe wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
Would agree but thought he'd cut them out?
Well this "huge hit" on Plisson, who's about half his size, was only a year and a bit go - Let the debate begin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiIUeVsdeiw
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

jezzer wrote:Our lifting against Dragons looked very messy. Hardly surprising given personnel and lack of playing time together.
In fairness James Tracey's loopy throwing didn't help matter! Unreal player with an incredible workrate and is virtually another backrow option but his throwing against the dragons was very poor.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

riocard911 wrote:
leinsterforever wrote:
Think it's a reference to Felon's penchant for accusing opposition players of being racist unjustly. Ulster's Matt McCullough was accused by Felon of racist abuse after McCullough accused him of having a "face on him like a Lisburn Spide" (Spide being Ulster for knacker). Felon took this as McCullough calling him a similar term which is used for racist abuse and tried to kick in the door of the Ulster dressing room. Personally, I think they should have opened the door, let him in and locked it.....

At the subsequent disciplinary hearing London Irish were urged to apologise to Ulster for the slur. Bizarrely, nobody thought to request an apology to Lisburn Spides for the humiliating and slanderous association with Deoln Armitage.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Laighin Break wrote:
Well this "huge hit" on Plisson, who's about half his size, was only a year and a bit go - Let the debate begin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiIUeVsdeiw
No need for debate, he's a scummy POS
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Should a ref consider the size of the opposition when considering the legality of a tackle!!!!!!
one man's beast is another man's villain
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

hugonaut wrote: I'm just commenting on your punctuation habit of using two dots – I never know if you're making a definitive statement [i.e. ending with a single full stop] or leaving it open to interpretation [ending with an ellipsis].
I think the idea is to leave the statement hanging. A single . or a ! essentially means' case closed, move on quickly'. However, multiple .... means 'my opinion is clear but I want to give it extra effect but letting it hang for a moment.'
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

suisse wrote:
hugonaut wrote: I'm just commenting on your punctuation habit of using two dots – I never know if you're making a definitive statement [i.e. ending with a single full stop] or leaving it open to interpretation [ending with an ellipsis].
I think the idea is to leave the statement hanging. A single . or a ! essentially means' case closed, move on quickly'. However, multiple .... means 'my opinion is clear but I want to give it extra effect but letting it hang for a moment.'
Nah, Hugo is right. It's one 'dot' or three.
Now we wait for goreyguy's response ...