Should Leinster go after Bundee Aki?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Should Leinster try to poach a disgrunteld Bundee Aki (to keep him in Irish rugby of course)?

Yes
20%
Better us than Munster
10%
No
63%
AF8
8%

Total votes: 40

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Should Leinster go after Bundee Aki?

Post by Dave Cahill »

simonokeeffe wrote:hes eligible for Samoa?
He is.
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

When exactly does he qualify?

Once he plays for Ireland he can either head to Bristol and still play as an exile or sign for any province on a central contract if Nucifora wants him that badly.

Keep him in Connacht and hire a good coach seems the obvious move. There's something worth building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

curates_egg wrote:It would be a luxury to have him, Henshaw and Ringrose but it would lead to one of the latter two missing out, or being played elsewhere to accommodate.
Assuming all were fit at the same time, which is a fairly big assumption it you remember how often a certain BOD was injured. Also if the three were available the rota system used to protect the Internationals mightn't hurt us as much....

I my view, the option of signing him would have to be explored!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:hes eligible for Samoa?
He is.
Suspected as much, cheers

@ronk in time for AIs at least but he cant leave at the end of this season and still IQ
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

simonokeeffe wrote:Why would it never be allowed? If Aki wants out of Connacht but wants to play international rugby his options are Leinster or Munster. If he wanted to come here dony see why he would be stopped (by Nucifora)
They won't want the three most highly rated centers for 2019 all playing in one club. They might let Munster sign him, but not us.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I like our current centre options - Reid and Daly backing up Henshaw, and O'Loughlin backing up Ringrose. Then there's Conor O'Brien and Jimmy O'Brien in the pipeline.

Having three centres who would be called away by Ireland a lot of the time (presumably) would be quite disruptive as well. I don't think Leinster should go looking to sign Aki
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

CiaranIrl wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Why would it never be allowed? If Aki wants out of Connacht but wants to play international rugby his options are Leinster or Munster. If he wanted to come here dony see why he would be stopped (by Nucifora)
They won't want the three most highly rated centers for 2019 all playing in one club. They might let Munster sign him, but not us.
I'd actually agree with them there though.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

CiaranIrl wrote:
Not their first choice but for sake of keeping him in Irish rugby I reckon they would

Plenty of positions we dominate in already so not like itd be a disaster
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon