Leinster v Northampton - Aviva 19:45 Saturday 17th

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster v Northampton - Aviva 19:45 Saturday 17th

Post by Gearzbox2 »

leinsterforever wrote:
Gearzbox2 wrote:Bit late with the post but game was a blow out...can't complain, job done move on
Disgusted to hear Cummiskey bitch and complain about Northampton selection and how leinster learned nothing bla bla bla
I look at it that we stuck the knife in then in franklins gardens and broke tbeir spirit for return in Dublin...simple as

Back to the game, thought pack again drove us on with JVDF outststanding and my MOTM to be honest followed by Cronin( his run in the second half was the highlight) https://grabyo.com/g/v/VvbNl8bS3HI Furlong and SOB
Ross Byrne decent along with Ringer and Adam B
Interesting to see selection for Munster with internationals due to be rested????
Think it might be a good idea to bring Tracy in against Munster. He was very strong off the bench
I'd rather just start Cronin and have 3 props on the bench
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:
johng wrote:You sure?
Someone has to pay the bill.

I am sure there are discounts involved from the owners but there is no way the IRFU lets Leinster use it for free just like there's no way the FAI let Dundalk use it for free just like neither of them let Buble use it for free :lol:

You'd have to sell 20k tickets at €30 a pop to comfortably break even however. Hardly an unbelievable target
A full Aviva Stadium is worth over €3 million to Leinster Rugby
I say it again, we have a huge chance of a home quarter final interpro...nice few quid in that
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
awaaf
Bookworm

Post by awaaf »

I went looking for the family deal (€50 for 4) 2-3 weeks ago and none were available. Left the kids at home as a result. It was a shame to such big blocks high up available as these are where these deals are usually allocated. Pity they couldn't have done a few more deals to shift some of the remaining seats.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Comparing Leinster's attendances to other teams isn't a great idea. There are around 1.5 million people in the greater Dublin area and 2.6 million in the entire province. There were some very small towns in action this weekend, like Castres and Llanelli.

Only 13,890 turned up for the round 1 clash which was on a beautiful Saturday in the middle of October at 3.15PM. Toulon, Northampton and Bordeaux all had bigger crowds.

I have sympathy for fans not turning up last week. I didn't go. 7:45 in the middle of December is a f%~king ridiculous time for a game. I was really hoping BT would shpw the vast swathes of green seats because they are partially responsible for that crowd.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dave Cahill wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:
johng wrote:You sure?
Someone has to pay the bill.

I am sure there are discounts involved from the owners but there is no way the IRFU lets Leinster use it for free just like there's no way the FAI let Dundalk use it for free just like neither of them let Buble use it for free :lol:

You'd have to sell 20k tickets at €30 a pop to comfortably break even however. Hardly an unbelievable target
A full Aviva Stadium is worth over €3 million to Leinster Rugby
We could bring Graham Henry over for a few months with that.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: We could bring Graham Henry over for a few months with that.
Definitely and maybe a better idea than spending money on a medical joker if at all avoidable.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

suisse wrote:Comparing Leinster's attendances to other teams isn't a great idea. There are around 1.5 million people in the greater Dublin area and 2.6 million in the entire province. There were some very small towns in action this weekend, like Castres and Llanelli.

Only 13,890 turned up for the round 1 clash which was on a beautiful Saturday in the middle of October at 3.15PM. Toulon, Northampton and Bordeaux all had bigger crowds.

I have sympathy for fans not turning up last week. I didn't go. 7:45 in the middle of December is a f%~king ridiculous time for a game. I was really hoping BT would shpw the vast swathes of green seats because they are partially responsible for that crowd.
Not sure why we can't compare Leinster's gates to other clubs. Dublin may be a big city but then again other towns don't have to compete with Gaelic football, hurling, soccer, horse racing etc.

We had a decent crowd last week given the time of year and the kick off time. Think if the game had been a week earlier kicking off at 3 or 5 we would have had at least another 5k at it.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

3pm or 5pm the same day would have added that 5K to the crowd in my view.
Four Stars