A bit uncalled for Bails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
molloyjh
Mullet

Re: Munster v Leinster St Stephen's Day 5.30 Sky/TG4

Post by molloyjh »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:A bit uncalled for Bails

It was more than a bit uncalled for. Most of us, if not all of us, are grown adults here. It'd be nice if we behaved like it. Although this is the Internet so my expectation level in that regard is pretty damn low.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Tired of our friends from the south appearing on this site accusing us of disrespect to the league, telling us what's wrong with Leinster rugby etc.
We didn't hear from them for ages when we beat them, but one win and we are being put in our place in our own site.

Call it post Christmas blues, I tried to say it without foul language or without being onnoxious.
Apologies Munster if I appeared rude !
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

They're just blowing smoke up your arse bails.

bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

I got enough of that on Monday in Thomond Park. Was with a group of Leinster dabs and we were verbally abused both inside and outside the ground. It wasn't friendly banter either, it was threatening and abusive
However, what it told me was that Munster must be winning games again because the kind of fans they haven't seen for years are back at Thomond, at least until their successful run of games comes to an end

In no time we will get hearing about the mythical status of the Legendary and faithful Munster fans. Another fallacy !
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

munster#1 wrote:
bails wrote:Go back to your own turnips site
Good luck
And there my friends is what many believe is what a real Leinster fan is like.

Munster also have fans like this, so don't try claim ownership on this trait.
Are you a real Munster fan?
It's rare for you to post on here without getting in a dig about Leinster players or fans.
Within minutes of the news of Anthony Foley's passing you came on here and used it as an opportunity to have a dig at us, real classy.
Your deep seated bitter resentment of all things Leinster is glaringly obvious.
I suppose that does make you a real Munster fan.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

blockhead wrote:
munster#1 wrote:
bails wrote:Go back to your own turnips site
Good luck
And there my friends is what many believe is what a real Leinster fan is like.

Munster also have fans like this, so don't try claim ownership on this trait.
Are you a real Munster fan?
It's rare for you to post on here without getting in a dig about Leinster players or fans.
Within minutes of the news of Anthony Foley's passing you came on here and used it as an opportunity to have a dig at us, real classy.
Your deep seated bitter resentment of all things Leinster is glaringly obvious.
I suppose that does make you a real Munster fan.
I would consider myself a real Munster fan. I was born into rugby, my father played and both of my grandfather's played.

I did not arrive to rugby because it is cool or it's what everyone else does.

If you perceive that I am anti Leinster, then perhaps you have misinterpreted my posts. Sure I have an alternative opinion to most on here, which is to be expected, but I do not have an anti Leinster opinion. Like many down south I have many friends and family who would be Leinster fans, and would often attend or watch games with them.

My post, post Axel's passing was unfortunate, and thankfully misplaced. Prior to the official reason for his passing being announced, I was given an alternative reason, one that is all too familiar to many these days.
As a result I was fairly upset and angry, I did retract and delete the comment and apologised. Perhaps you missed that part.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Munster v Leinster St Stephen's Day 5.30 Sky/TG4

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Fair enough bails, I remember sitting behind the same pond scum in the Aviva not so long ago. I dare say neither M#1 nor AB0 were there. And I would think they would deplore such behaviour

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Fair enough, I remember sitting behind the same pond scum in the Aviva not so long ago. I dare say neither M#1 nor AB0 were there. And I would think they would deplore such behaviour

It definitely wasn't me, as I have given up on going to these matches since they moved to the Aviva. Far too many negative experiences. I prefer to be able to concentrate on the game rather than the people around me.

Traditionally rugby supporters would have been former or current rugby players. One big thing that rugby players are taught from a young age, is respect. Respect for referees, opposition and coaches.

Rugby has expanded to include supporters that have no connection to a club. Coming from GAA and soccer backgrounds, where it's common to despise the opposition. Which has changed the dynamic of the match experience.

This exists in Munster as much as anywhere else, and I have witnessed a fair few Munster "fans" being put back in their box by fellow Munster fans due to their ignorance.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Ibane
Beginner

Post by Ibane »

There's more than a whiff of elitism in the air here.
GAA and soccer people are every bit as good as 'rugby people'.
theghost
Learner

Post by theghost »

I don't post here much if at all but felt had to comment , from limerick but living up here 30 years or more .most of the bitterness and negative feeling really munster leinster clashes is media driven and also on anonymous comments on forums etc. . Really the lad who had the bad experience at thomond , there are fans like this associated with all clubs but in general most people just love the rivalry and enjoy the crack over a few pints . I've gone to munster leinster games in mixed rivalry company for years and love it .
You find that those who name call on forums etc are often the very people who do the same at the games but my advice is just ignore it , they are really a minority and are probably unhappy in lots of ways , so don't let their negativity get in the way of what should and usually is a great day out among friends .
Ibane
Beginner

Post by Ibane »

theghost wrote:I don't post here much if at all but felt had to comment , from limerick but living up here 30 years or more .most of the bitterness and negative feeling really munster leinster clashes is media driven and also on anonymous comments on forums etc. . Really the lad who had the bad experience at thomond , there are fans like this associated with all clubs but in general most people just love the rivalry and enjoy the crack over a few pints . I've gone to munster leinster games in mixed rivalry company for years and love it .
You find that those who name call on forums etc are often the very people who do the same at the games but my advice is just ignore it , they are really a minority and are probably unhappy in lots of ways , so don't let their negativity get in the way of what should and usually is a great day out among friends .
I think that the saying about academic feuds also applies to sporting rivalries. The reason they can be so vicious is because so little is at stake.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

munster#1 wrote: I was born into rugby, my father played and both of my grandfather's played.
Absolutely brilliant post. I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for that.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Logorrhea wrote:
munster#1 wrote: I was born into rugby, my father played and both of my grandfather's played.
:lol:
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

bails wrote:I got enough of that on Monday in Thomond Park. Was with a group of Leinster dabs and we were verbally abused both inside and outside the ground. It wasn't friendly banter either, it was threatening and abusive
However, what it told me was that Munster must be winning games again because the kind of fans they haven't seen for years are back at Thomond, at least until their successful run of games comes to an end

In no time we will get hearing about the mythical status of the Legendary and faithful Munster fans. Another fallacy !
So stop going. I have. Most Munster fans are more than decent but I've never been to Thomond without having to deal with that kind of cr@p. But rather than let that get to me and poison my interaction with others who aren't like that I've just removed it from my life. Why let those muppets impact you?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Very few Munster fans are like that, I've no reason to think they're worse than anyone else. I've been in Thomond many times when Leinster aren't playing and there's nothing like that. Tribal rivalry with Leinster is mostly good natured and has never been threatening.

Oh and delicious ironing there M#1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

I used to be interested in Munster and even travelled to two Heino Cup finals back when I was a kid. The Munster crowd's general dislike and disrespect for Leinster is what turned me off them (Remember when even the players were jeering Contepomi in Musgrave?).
Banter and craic between crowds is what's great about rugby and GAA, but my trips to Thomond park have been mixed. There seem to be more fans there than other places than can give banter (nothing malicious) but then get very defensive when you try to engage them back in the banter.
Anyway, it just dropped them down my 4th favourite province.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
It may well be a cheesy reply to a loaded question, but I take great pride in being a rugby fan, because it is something that was passed on to me by great men.

I didn't become a Munster fan because they were successful or because that's what my friends were doing, unlike yourself when it come to Leinster I would assume?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Munster v Leinster St Stephen's Day 5.30 Sky/TG4

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

munster#1 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
Logorrhea wrote: Absolutely brilliant post. I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for that.
It may well be a cheesy reply to a loaded question, but I take great pride in being a rugby fan, because it is something that was passed on to me by great men.

I didn't become a Munster fan because they were successful or because that's what my friends were doing, unlike yourself when it come to Leinster I would assume?
You're being a bit of a dick now M#1.

bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

molloyjh wrote:
bails wrote:I got enough of that on Monday in Thomond Park. Was with a group of Leinster dabs and we were verbally abused both inside and outside the ground. It wasn't friendly banter either, it was threatening and abusive

So stop going. I have. Most Munster fans are more than decent but I've never been to Thomond without having to deal with that kind of cr@p. But rather than let that get to me and poison my interaction with others who aren't like that I've just removed it from my life. Why let those muppets impact you?
I came to that conclusion after the game on Monday. I now won't go to Thomond which is a pity as I travel frequently to grounds across Europe