Leinster v Ulster Sat NYE 3pm Sky

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Laighin Break
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Ulster Sat NYE 3pm Sky

Post by Laighin Break »

In fairness Trimble also got skinned by O'Loughlin. You would expect a winger to beat a scrumhalf for pace.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Laighin Break wrote:In fairness Trimble also got skinned by O'Loughlin. You would expect a winger to beat a scrumhalf for pace.
True, but it was a well taken try nonetheless.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Marshall is rapid, I was really impressed with the way ROL put the afterburners on and got away from him with ease, especially given that he had already run so far by that point. He looked like he could have kept going too.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

His stride length is massive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:His stride length is massive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is an excellent point. I watched it back and he doesn't look all that quick, I was scratching my head as to how he skinned both guys, but his strides are just huge for a small enough guy.

Very good piece on The42 last night with Girve referencing how hard he works, wouldn't be surprised if this was another example of it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Marshall is rapid, I was really impressed with the way ROL put the afterburners on and got away from him with ease, especially given that he had already run so far by that point. He looked like he could have kept going too.
Marshall is a top fuel unit, as much as any part of it the way ROL outpaced him was very pleasantly surprising. Previously I would have doubted that any Leinster back could live with Marshall over 20-40 metres
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Marshall is rapid, I was really impressed with the way ROL put the afterburners on and got away from him with ease, especially given that he had already run so far by that point. He looked like he could have kept going too.
Marshall is a top fuel unit, as much as any part of it the way ROL outpaced him was very pleasantly surprising. Previously I would have doubted that any Leinster back could live with Marshall over 20-40 metres
Marshall came 30meters in from the right wing and got his body into completely the wrong position, so much so that ROL managed to get 3-5 meters wide of him. Doesn't matter how quick you are, if you're in a position where you're having to turn and accelerate you're done really. Marshall's defence generally is poor, unfortunately in rugby size matters and he's just not physically able to stop a modern rugby player.

As an aside, Ross Byrne's weight of pass and Reid's decoy run were absolutely sublime in that move.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
wise7
Beginner

Post by wise7 »

Pro 12 Stats report Ross Byrne (4 starts) in second place for most try assists.