Leinster v Ulster Sat NYE 3pm Sky

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Ulster Sat NYE 3pm Sky

Post by Peg Leg »

There'd be no one left here if the mods read the PM's. We'd all be banned.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

Peg Leg wrote:There'd be no one left here if the mods read the PM's. We'd all be banned.
:lol: :lol:
I was thinking that myself, what with the "Gems of Wisdom" that populate this forum!!!!!
Thanks for the answer Peg Leg.
Cheers.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

simonokeeffe wrote:Image

Dooley not being on the bench and maybe ROl on wing the only surprises
Nice to see Mick Kearney back too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Match is on RTE Radio 1.

Ryle Nugent on commentary. Tweeted Michael Corcoran to check after the Northampton debacle.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Lacey has donned a white jersey in the 2nd half
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

McGrath helped with the kicking game. We lost control a bit with the changes. Saw a bit of loose clearing kicks again from Byrne but also a nice grubber for ROL's 2nd try.

Impressed again with Reid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Pretty sloppy display, lacking precision and intensity. I think that performance would have seen us be off the pace against Munster again. It's disappointing that there wasn't more of a backlash.

It was a nice run by O'Loughlin for his first try
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Two or three turnovers after Jamo GP came in and immediately kicked it back up to Piatowe (?) i mean we had the beating of their back line wtf were we giving it back to them for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

enby wrote:Lacey has donned a white jersey in the 2nd half
+1 Definitely and not for the first time!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

leinsterforever wrote:Pretty sloppy display, lacking precision and intensity. I think that performance would have seen us be off the pace against Munster again. It's disappointing that there wasn't more of a backlash.

It was a nice run by O'Loughlin for his first try
As sloppy a display as Leinster have produced since Lancaster arrived. Play like that against Montpelier and Europe will be over before we get to Castres. All of a sudden we don't have an offensive or defensive maul and our line out is of minimal advantage.

Even SOB and Jamie were well below par today and Dev was getting stopped in his tracks by single tacklers. The absense of "emotional" energy from our team after the first ten minutes quietened the crowd and allied to the number of 'Christmas Gift' punters, contrived to leave a dead stadium and we did nothing to lift it.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Disappointing and frustrating second half after a flashy and entertaining first 40 minutes.

The majority of Lacey's penalties against us in the second half were legitimate; maybe a couple of them were iffy, but as a team you tilt the balance against you on those couple of decisions if you consistently infringe. I think we conceded eight second half penalties - one every five minutes. In general, we seemed to lose all sense of urgency [which I can understand given the lacklustre effort Ulster put in] but also any sense of coherency, which was frustrating to watch.

Obviously it wasn't all bad news – Rory O'Loughlin's first try was an absolute blinder, something that any rugby fan could appreciate. Isa and Garry Ringrose made some phenomenal tackles and put in outstanding defensive efforts all day. Triggs and Cronin played some really nice stuff in the loose in the first 40mins and Dev and Jamie were consistently good over that period.

We were brutal in the second half though – undisciplined and thoughtless, like the lads minds weren't fully on the job.

Gibson-Park's kicking game is pretty f*cking tragic, but he was hardly alone in the second half – ZK kicking it straight out when we'd earlier gone outside our 22 was a really sloppy mistake from a player who has 250+ pro games behind him, and we seemed to make a point of finding Piutau when kicking downfield.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
enby wrote:Lacey has donned a white jersey in the 2nd half
+1 Definitely and not for the first time!
-1!

He was consistent and we were brain-dead. He was consistently penalising very quickly for not rolling away, but we seemed incapable of adjustment, even after McGrath's yellow card. Was very frustrating. You need to be able to adjust to that sort of thing.

On an unrelated note, Isa is such a legend. There was a passage in the second half where there seemed to be 4 of him on the pitch making tackles and game changing plays. He is unreal. If you watched a video reel of the last 500 times he touched a ball, you could probably count the mistakes on one hand.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

It wasn't lacey's fault that we were complete dross in the second half... really was a pathetic display , against a poor Ulster side, I thought we had got over the zero point halves...
Gavlar
Learner

Post by Gavlar »

To be fair technically there were no zero point halves in this game. But I see your point, we should have kicked on and secured the bonus point in the second half.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Limited enough positives
Thought our big players had howlers at times...jack mc looked rusty, Seanie mixed the good with awful...so many knock ons (Cronin, Seanie, Bent and Isa spring to mind)
Although isa and ringer were good throughout
Few lads played well in the first half ( Cronin, Jamie, Triggs and ROL)
Bench offered no impact

It's great that we are winning with our 4th choice 10 and depleted back line so not a disaster
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Richardt Strauss was called out for having hands like wet fish a few weeks ago, thought Seanie was doing his best impersonation of that effort today.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

It's not a game Tommy Bowe will look back on with much fondness
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

I can't work out why Jack was binned. He was the first man in to the ruck and entitled to go for the ball. Utterly Maddening call.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Cianostays wrote:I can't work out why Jack was binned. He was the first man in to the ruck and entitled to go for the ball. Utterly Maddening call.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
+1, yeah I thought I was the only one, he appeared to have come correct, then it's an unexplained 10 minute walk.

Baffling
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

So we have proved that with Adam Byrne and Rory O'Loughlin in our sides over the last while we can score tries.
Question is if/when Ferg and DK come back do we stick with the positivity or revert to non scoring defensive wings?