Leinster vs Zebre January 6th

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Laighin Break
Mullet

Re: Leinster vs Zebre January 6th

Post by Laighin Break »

Yeah I thought that. But that's only last play of the game? So last play of the first half you can't go for lineout, but last play of second half you can? Doesn't seem to be particularly logical...
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:He's also a former outhalf who was an amazing goal kicker. That's why he was working with Carty. Working on a hookers throwing wouldn't be part of his remit at all.
Mental skills brah
Thats what Ends McNulty is for.

(Unless you're Joe Brolly)
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

hugonaut wrote:Thought the lads did outstandingly well to run up such a big score and keep their minds set to the task once they had got the bonus point. In 80 mins they have swung our league Pts +/- by 64 points and our TS/TC by 10 tries ... that was the job that they were asked to do, and they did it with aplomb.

Some of our midfield play from Sexton, Henshaw and Ringrose was nothing short of outstanding; just a joy to watch. I was so impressed with Henshaw's diligence – he was asked to hit it up and run dummy lines as part of the first half gameplan, which isn't the sexiest think to be doing against Zebre, but he did the job to absolute perfection and it allowed so much rugby to happen around him. He'll cut thought the line and go all the way home if you don't take care of him [and mostly doubly up on him], and that straight-line running and offloading threat keeps defences from moving up too hard or fanning wide.

Great to see Rory O'Loughlin in such a rich vein of form - five tries in two matches is a sensational return, and on the basis of that form he deserves to start against Montpellier. Thought that Adam Byrne looked frustrated to be excluded from the try scoring activities, which I don't mind seeing from a winger ... you want to see them hungry for tries.

I was in the jacks for Luke McGrath's try, so apparently I missed the redeeming part of ZK's game. I've been very disappointed with him over the last couple of games. I don't particularly want to pick on him, but I think that in general Leinster fans have been quite fair to him over the last couple of season. There was an initial negative over-reaction to his signing, which was seen as a significant drop in standard from the rumoured signing of AAC or Drew Mitchell, but since then I think people have given him a fair shake. However, he has been making a lot of mistakes and been one of our worst players in the last couple of games ... I'd be a little bit disappointed if he is going to be in situ at FB over the Six Nations ahead of giving a chance to Billy Dardis, I have to say. None of the Academy [Carbery, O'Loughlin, R. Byrne] or Development Contract [T. Daly, A. Byrne] have let us down at all, so I'd be confident that Dardis could be a good contributor.
Watching it back again I thought zane had a decent game. He ran a super line for Treacy's line break that would have been the first try. If SOB doesn't go for that looping pass zane is ready to take it and score. He liked well with McGrath for his try as mentioned. He got quieter after that but he still did his job. One kick out on the full, once turned over in contact.

He's not threatening to take Isa's place, but that's like complaining that Ross Byrne hasn't come through as quickly as Joey Carbery.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:He's also a former outhalf who was an amazing goal kicker. That's why he was working with Carty. Working on a hookers throwing wouldn't be part of his remit at all.
Mental skills brah
Thats what Ends McNulty is for.

(Unless you're Joe Brolly)
Isa too :wink:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon