Friday 13th January 7.45pm Leinster v Montpelier(RDS/Sky)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

outcast eddie
Mullet

Re: Friday 13th January 7.45pm Leinster v Montpelier(RDS/Sky

Post by outcast eddie »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
riocard911 wrote:As a fellow martial artist, I was just wondering: Does anyone know what Triggs' "finishing move" is?
I'd say blinding sacrifice or maybe dance of death ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This would have been appropriate I think.

When performed properly there is no defence against it.

(for the younger souls on here this is not a photo of Joey Carbery and James Tracey having a dance)
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

From the pictures available I believe that Triggs was hard done by; there was nothing in the incident that made him culpable. There was no intent on his part to make contact with the eye area nor was any attempt made by him to do so.
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Raydollard wrote:From the pictures available I believe that Triggs was hard done by; there was nothing in the incident that made him culpable. There was no intent on his part to make contact with the eye area nor was any attempt made by him to do so.
Hard done by possibly but the fact is he pleaded guilty so they were left with little option but to issue a punishment. He got the lowest end, essentially 1 game.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

molloyjh wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Raydollard wrote:I think 3 weeks is a shocking punishment for Twiggs doing nothing. He was shunted into the contact in fact
Shocking in its leniency, hands should not be near faces. It only takes an instant to seriously injure an eye - and you can't fix them after

I'm sure you're calling for Heaslip to be suspended for the fend to the face in the same game then, yeah?
Right so, I think I've been very clear in my position here. You are free to extrapolate whatever meaning you want as long as it's consistent with my "hands and faces don't mix" and I will most likely agree with it.

As for calling for a suspension that's a stretch on more than one point
1: fending is a legal part of the game, so any call for a suspension would be silly
2: nowhere did I call for a suspension, I think I said it was lenient
C: meh... :)

Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

R-Dog wrote:
Raydollard wrote:From the pictures available I believe that Triggs was hard done by; there was nothing in the incident that made him culpable. There was no intent on his part to make contact with the eye area nor was any attempt made by him to do so.
Hard done by possibly but the fact is he pleaded guilty so they were left with little option but to issue a punishment. He got the lowest end, essentially 1 game.
Doesn't he miss three games? Three game weeks, rather than three weeks, suspension.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Laighin Break wrote:
R-Dog wrote:
Doesn't he miss three games? Three game weeks, rather than three weeks, suspension.
Weeks with no club competition are not counted, I reckon that's the discrepancy there

VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

simonokeeffe wrote:Image

its a hand to the face as part of some pushing/shoving etc on the ground

he MIGHT well get done for reckless contact with eye area (not that there was any intent or gouging)

How much aFrench player would have been banned for this? Between 52 and 104 weeks.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

VGE wrote:

he MIGHT well get done for reckless contact with eye area (not that there was any intent or gouging)

How much aFrench player would have been banned for this? Between 52 and 104 weeks.

Au revoir.
It would be harsh to ban the French player here, he was just lying on the ground, right? ;)
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
VGE wrote:

Au revoir.
It would be harsh to ban the French player here, he was just lying on the ground, right? ;)
You made my day, but...
Is there a french player actually playing in Montpellier?

Au revoir
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

VGE wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
VGE wrote:

Au revoir.
You made my day, but...
Is there a french player actually playing in Montpellier?

Au revoir
Chapeau ?