Castres Vs Leinster Fri 20th Jan 19:45 (Sky Sports)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Castres Vs Leinster Fri 20th Jan 19:45 (Sky Sports)

Post by Dexter »

Would you put out the same team again, given the injury updates?
Dont Panic!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Re: Castres Vs Leinster Fri 20th Jan 19:45 (Sky Sports)

Post by the spoofer »

Dexter wrote:Would you put out the same team again, given the injury updates?
Healy Strauss Furlong
Toner Triggs
Conan Heaslip VDF
McGrath Sexton
ROL Reid Ringrose A Byrne
Kearney

is what I think we will see. Isa was limping coming back out after half time. Henshaw got treatment a number of times. Jack McG looks a little tired. I think Treacy is the better impact player.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Has JvdF looked tired lately? Leavy starting at openside could be considered
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Lots of lads not training today judging by photos but Dave K and Joey C back out on the pitch.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

the spoofer wrote:
Healy Strauss Furlong
Toner Triggs
Conan Heaslip VDF
McGrath Sexton
Kearney

is what I think we will see. Isa was limping coming back out after half time. Henshaw got treatment a number of times. Jack McG looks a little tired. I think Treacy is the better impact player.

McGrath and Tracy did nothing to merit dropping.

And when there's a 1st seed spot within our grasp it is not a time for squad rotation.

I would go with an unchanged 15. But agree with Reid and Kearney if the others don't make it. Zane to bench.

Depending on Joeys fitness we could be seeing him on the bench. Possibly a week too soon.

Molony acquitted himself well when he came on.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

the spoofer wrote:
Healy Strauss Furlong
Toner Triggs
Conan Heaslip VDF
McGrath Sexton
Kearney

Isa's was just a dead leg apparently. He has to play if he's fit in my view!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Flash Gordon wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
Healy Strauss Furlong
Toner Triggs
Conan Heaslip VDF
McGrath Sexton
Kearney

Isa's was just a dead leg apparently. He has to play if he's fit in my view!
+1
Four Stars
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Minimal changes other than injury related or tactical ploys e.g. possible inclusion of Leavy and Josh VdF with Jack C at 8 to inject more pace into our back-row (assuming that SOB is still out).

Must say that the "Jack McG needs a rest" doesn't equate to his time on the park last Friday. He gets three weeks before 6N opener as next competitive match. Leinster need a win still to complete one of the key Squad objectives of the Season. That goes for all the players, where we have options or possible Irish call-ups..

Equally, if Henshaw available to play with JS and Ringrose, it's like an extension of Irish 6N training. If Henshaw injured or 'rested for injury', I'd move Gary R to 12 and put O'Loughlin beside him with Isa and Adam B at wings and Rob full-back. If Isa missing, would be tempted to go with Barry Daly with Zane on bench as cover.

Treacy starts again for me and Dev gives another Masterclass in line-out calling which benefit Leinster, their thrower, their scrum-half and even keep the out-half happy ( a semi-miracle).

So long as we maintain the quality of clear-outs and ball presentation at breakdowns and pass as selflessly as we did on Friday, our tempo and individual skills will score enough points to win well.

Castres have great pride at home and play for 80 minutes as a team, so nothing is guaranteed or automatic. First time we played them over there at night, it looked like done deal at half-time, but we didn't finish on the right side of result. Leo and Girve will remember that night!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Cronin out for 10 weeks according to Leinster twitter. Balls!!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Hippo wrote:Cronin out for 10 weeks according to Leinster twitter. Balls!!
Ouch, thought it was his hammy!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
:happy clapper:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
chapeau
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

1-15: McGrath, Strauss, Bent, Moloney, Toner, Conan, SO'B (Leavy), Heaslip, McGrath, Sexton, Isa, Reid, Ringrose, Byrne, Rob K

16-23: Healy, Tracey, Furlong, Ruddock, Leavy (VDF), Gibson-Park, Byrne, RO'L

I believe it's important we get to the stage where we can trust players to slot in without too much disruption to the team and gameplan. That first XV is good enough to have us leading Castres and that bench will be able to inject pace into the game that the home team cannot cope with.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Forecast is mild and cloudy for daylight hours on Friday - max 9C, falling sharply to zero after dark with frost by 9 p.m. very similar to last time there. Need to keep moving the ball to keep warm. Scrums will disappear in a cloud of condensation and heavy breathing!
BoscoBoy
Beginner

Post by BoscoBoy »

Paddy Power have us at -12 points. That's a big spread for an away game in France - they're obviously expecting Castres to have little interest. Part of me would love that but on the other hand, they way we started the game last Friday (before the red card) I'd love to see us take on a full-strength French outfit. As it turns out, a bonus point might not guarantee an easier draw anyway.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Cianostays wrote:1-15: McGrath, Strauss, Bent, Moloney, Toner, Conan, SO'B (Leavy), Heaslip, McGrath, Sexton, Isa, Reid, Ringrose, Byrne, Rob K

I believe it's important we get to the stage where we can trust players to slot in without too much disruption to the team and gameplan. That first XV is good enough to have us leading Castres and that bench will be able to inject pace into the game that the home team cannot cope with.
Radically disagree with the logic of this line-up. We go as favourites and Castres anticipate a high-tempo start. So give them what they expect and blow them away with tempo from same team brimming with confidence. Don't lets waste the advantage of guys familiar with each other from a week ago by trying to get used to new faces alongside whilst the opposition thrive on the local support.

As close as possible to last Friday and change when you have 25 points, or when you have to, or at 60 mins.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Forecast is mild and cloudy for daylight hours on Friday - max 9C, falling sharply to zero after dark with frost by 9 p.m. very similar to last time there. Need to keep moving the ball to keep warm. Scrums will disappear in a cloud of condensation and heavy breathing!
The temperature at kick-off doesn't sound too dissimilar to last Friday night at the RDS. It may even feel warmer if there's no significant wind chill.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Cianostays wrote:1-15: McGrath, Strauss, Bent, Moloney, Toner, Conan, SO'B (Leavy), Heaslip, McGrath, Sexton, Isa, Reid, Ringrose, Byrne, Rob K

Hear what you're saying but Lancaster was quoted as being disappointed with our away performances. He talked about putting that right in Castres. Obviously
You can have a great performance from a weakened team, but I think Lancaster wants the front liners to put right the wrong.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Jaysus there'd be no way I'd be resting lads for this!

I reckon Isa might not start and that Rob K will get the nod, and Strauss would be a good shout to get him back up to speed, but other than that it's as is injury permitting.

SOB can bench!
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Castes are at home to Montpellier who are a few places above them in the top 14 the following week.Hopefully their selection reflects this