A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

sunshiner1
Mullet

Re: How many NIQ's next season?

Post by sunshiner1 »

by scentofgunpowder

Fox-Matamua and Ili haven't been confirmed to be staying or going yet
I'd imagine Connacht would want to keep Fox-Matamua. He's IQ after next season, plays well and isn't on huge money. No idea about Ili.
by erskinechilders

The van der Merwe signing baffles me completely. How many IQ loose heads are their looking for good game time and exposure who are available? Off the top of my head there are:

Dooley
Ed Byrne
Porter
Coulson ( Grenoble and linked with Connacht )
Loughman ( I know Leinster are keen on keeping and converting him

And probably more abroad too!
Agreed. It's hardly a huge sign of confidence in McCall, Warwick or Black. I wonder did any of the provinces go after McConnell? Also isn't there an Ulster prop at Gloucester?
scentofgunpowder
Bookworm

Post by scentofgunpowder »

sunshiner1 wrote:
by scentofgunpowder

I'd imagine Connacht would want to keep Fox-Matamua. He's IQ after next season, plays well and isn't on huge money. No idea about Ili.
by erskinechilders

The van der Merwe signing baffles me completely. How many IQ loose heads are their looking for good game time and exposure who are available? Off the top of my head there are:

Dooley
Ed Byrne
Porter

Agreed. It's hardly a huge sign of confidence in McCall, Warwick or Black. I wonder did any of the provinces go after McConnell? Also isn't there an Ulster prop at Gloucester?
I'd personally like to see us have a serious look at Jordi Murphy but yeah Fox is pretty good, better than Heenan this season but still a bit off being international quality
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

erskinechilders wrote:The van der Merwe signing baffles me completely. How many IQ loose heads are their looking for good game time and exposure who are available? Off the top of my head there are:

Dooley
Ed Byrne
Porter

Dooley isn't available.
Coulson has signed with Connacht.
Loughman isn't out of contract and is also primarly a tighthead.
Porter turned them down to stay at Leinster.
Byrne is out of contract, future unknown.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

sunshiner1 wrote:
by scentofgunpowder

by erskinechilders

Dooley
Ed Byrne
Porter

Jack O'Connell at Bristol.
Paddy McAllister at Gloucester.

Both are contracted.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

missed that re Taute when he was extended. It would appear thats a done deal then

RE TH - would not be suggesting a project for TH - and would take an IQ player if there was one. There is definitely a requirement in Munster - Archer has gone backwards this year - from a guy who at times seems to be on his way to being competent but he is out of contract this year and think the time has come to move on from him. Brian Scott - not sure he is really the guy to be in matchday 23 at this point. Betts went to Leicester and he was better bet than Scott imo. Would love du Toit back but cant see that happening - he is playing for the Sharks and highly thought of there - still only 21 so probably wanting to hold out a bit for south Africa

There definitely a glut of looseheads at the moment and a slight shortage of tightheads
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

erskinechilders wrote:The van der Merwe signing baffles me completely. How many IQ loose heads are their looking for good game time and exposure who are available? Off the top of my head there are:

Dooley
Ed Byrne
Porter

We mightnt ever know if any were asked to move and if so if any turned it down, Dooley is getting decent gametime here, Byrne just worked back from 28 months out, Porter maybe switching to TH

@JohnG are you counting or discounting TB as he qualifies in January?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Jack O'Connell should be kidnapped and sent to live in Westeros
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Has anyone seen JOC play? Is he still the player we were "sorry" to lose?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

He seems to be behind former Welsh international Ryan Bevington going by recent teamsheets

Niall Annet the Worcester hooker is the exile thats impressed me the most last couple of years, was only behind Creevy who is one of the best in the world for a couple of seasons but has been outstanding any time I saw him. He EQs in the summer, not that he would play for them (though they tied McGuigan down sharpish) but might help with a move to a bigger club
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

simonokeeffe wrote:He seems to be behind former Welsh international Ryan Bevington going by recent teamsheets

Niall Annet the Worcester hooker is the exile thats impressed me the most last couple of years, was only behind Creevy who is one of the best in the world for a couple of seasons but has been outstanding any time I saw him. He EQs in the summer, not that he would play for them (though they tied McGuigan down sharpish) but might help with a move to a bigger club
+1