Benetton v Leinster (Sunday 12 Feb - 1.30)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Benetton v Leinster (Sunday 12 Feb - 1.30)

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Great win and bonus point and no harm for our points difference.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

odyboody wrote:Pro12 match day live say joey on for Ross Byrne. Then says conversions since have been taken by Byrne :?
Said on Twitter he replaced O'Loughlin
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Great to get such a big win. Roll on Embra.

Hope ROL isn't injured, he went off and Carbery came on.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

A six try win on the road is nothing to be sniffed at! Great result in a low key match with very little coverage ... it would be understandable if thoughts were elsewhere given the weekend in it, but it sounds like they got off to a running start and then finished strong too.

Good to see Adam Byrne and Rory O'Loughlin continue their try-scoring form, and particularly good to see Dave Kearney come back and hit the ground running. I think that he can really thrive under the current management's strategic and tactical outlook.

Looking forward to seeing what footage can be turned up of this one.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

jimbobjoe wrote:2 tries and MOTM for Dave Kearney. Virtually guaranteed to start vs France now :twisted:
You are aware that you are feeding a monster there.
Imagine it like this.
M1 - They're talking about bringing back Daverage GM, I'm not having it. OS is getting another earbashing about moving Standard to 8.
GM - Hold on M1, let's think this one thru.
Joe likes Earlsie right? and Zeebs too.
A nice trick would be to get daverage into the team with Zeebs moving to FB and better again if Gilroy kept the 23 shirt, at least he's not from Leinster. Hey presto RK gone.
M1 - That's a damn good idea GM, in fact that's pure genus GM, pure genus, but what about Heaslip.
GM - All in good time M1- We'll do them one at a time and make sure we get rid of the lot of them.
M1 - Yeah but what about Healslip.
GM - By the time we're finished with Heaslip, he'll be too old to play for Ireland.
M1 - Good point GM, good thinking.
GM - Yes M1 and OS and those other Linshter eejits will think we're buying into the "the peace in our times" theme - gobshytes.
M1 - Not sure about OS buying anything but who cares. :evil: pure genus
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschool wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:2 tries and MOTM for Dave Kearney. Virtually guaranteed to start vs France now :twisted:
Imagine it like this.
M1 - They're talking about bringing back Daverage GM, I'm not having it. OS is getting another earbashing about moving Standard to 8.
A nice trick would be to get daverage into the team with Zeebs moving to FB and better again if Gilroy kept the 23 shirt, at least he's not from Leinster. Hey presto RK gone.
M1 - That's a damn good idea GM, in fact that's pure genus GM, pure genus, but what about Heaslip.
GM - All in good time M1- We'll do them one at a time and make sure we get rid of the lot of them.
GM - By the time we're finished with Heaslip, he'll be too old to play for Ireland.
GM - Yes M1 and OS and those other Linshter eejits will think we're buying into the "the peace in our times" theme - gobshytes.
I'll have a pint of what yer havin, and a Guinness for my friend
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

RoboProp wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Imagine it like this.
Is that a real friend or is it someone you talk to in the mirror?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Oldschool wrote:
Yes, that was the point!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

jimbobjoe wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Yes, that was the point!
I owe you a pint. :lol:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Highlights online now on the Pro12 YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zrcuOWvNoLo
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:Highlights online now on the Pro12 YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zrcuOWvNoLo
Maith fear, Dave! :happy clapper:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

From those highlights, looks like ROL had a very tasty game, a try and two assists.

Wonder how many assists does Ross Byrne's right boot have in the Pro12? Must be near top of the table on its own! Lovely asset.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Not wishing to complain or begrudge them but.......was the pass for Treviso's second try not about a yard forward?
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Not wishing to complain or begrudge them but.......was the pass for Treviso's second try not about a yard forward?
Nah, I didn't think so. More like two yards
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Interesting to hear the crowd shouting AIRONI! AIRONI!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Imagine it like this.
Quite partial to a pint of Guiness depending on the company I'm in (it's all about image tbh) but it's "probably" not my beverage of choice.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

hugonaut wrote:A six try win on the road is nothing to be sniffed at! Great result in a low key match with very little coverage ... it would be understandable if thoughts were elsewhere given the weekend in it, but it sounds like they got off to a running start and then finished strong too.

Good to see Adam Byrne and Rory O'Loughlin continue their try-scoring form, and particularly good to see Dave Kearney come back and hit the ground running. I think that he can really thrive under the current management's strategic and tactical outlook.

Kearney scoring 2 (and the tries themselves) supports saying that we have a system that supports wingers finishing moves.

Btw
Match report on Leinster site, all subs used.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

blockhead wrote:Interesting to hear the crowd shouting AIRONI! AIRONI!
I think it's actually Leoni they're chanting - that's their nickname :wink:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

ronk wrote:
hugonaut wrote:A six try win on the road is nothing to be sniffed at! Great result in a low key match with very little coverage ... it would be understandable if thoughts were elsewhere given the weekend in it, but it sounds like they got off to a running start and then finished strong too.

Kearney scoring 2 (and the tries themselves) supports saying that we have a system that supports wingers finishing moves.

Btw
Match report on Leinster site, all subs used.
Interestingly Reid is listed as going off after 62 for Daly and coming back on at 69 for Kearney - trying to get confirmation.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

wixfjord wrote:From those highlights, looks like ROL had a very tasty game, a try and two assists.

Wonder how many assists does Ross Byrne's right boot have in the Pro12? Must be near top of the table on its own! Lovely asset.
He also got a late hit from the massive Treviso chap after giving one of his try assists.