Season Tickets 2017-1018

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby Dave Cahill » February 10th, 2017, 12:24 pm

'Save the date' email out now - 28/2 is the key day

For us Terrace denizens, the price remains unchanged from last season
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20451
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby leinsterfan100 » February 10th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Yeah, as far as i remember, a price freeze was guaranteed last season for all season tickets holders who renewed again for next season...
User avatar
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 261
Joined: January 31st, 2009, 5:43 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby Grumpy Old Man » February 28th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Renewed!
A proud Winsome Fluter
User avatar
Grumpy Old Man
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6521
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 4:22 pm
Location: Home for the Slightly Bewildered

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby the spoofer » February 28th, 2017, 1:07 pm

The 2018-2019 renewal date must be nearly here.
User avatar
the spoofer
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby QBer » February 28th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:'Save the date' email out now - 28/2 is the key day



Careful not to say that in a cardiac ward which has at least 1 STH in it! :D

I thought I had missed a previous email.

Caused me to renew promptly though.
QBer
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 282
Joined: September 26th, 2008, 5:59 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby johng » February 28th, 2017, 1:34 pm

What's the panic lads? Don't we have a whole month to do it?
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16643
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby molloyjh » February 28th, 2017, 2:47 pm

johng wrote:What's the panic lads? Don't we have a whole month to do it?


Yeah but you're not the bestest of fans unless you renew today! :lol:
User avatar
molloyjh
Mullet
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 3:33 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby icebaby » February 28th, 2017, 9:31 pm

I can't log in this evening. Anyone else with that ?
"Look what Leinster have done again"
User avatar
icebaby
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: August 23rd, 2006, 9:09 pm
Location: Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Leinster

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby the spoofer » May 12th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Over 10,000 gone according to LR. That's impressive given we are only in Mid May. Probably exceed 12,000 which is near the maximum.
User avatar
the spoofer
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby simonokeeffe » May 12th, 2017, 5:13 pm

the spoofer wrote:Over 10,000 gone according to LR. That's impressive given we are only in Mid May. Probably exceed 12,000 which is near the maximum.


is there a non obvious maximum and if so why?

hopefully attendences can match sales more
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15899
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby The Doc » May 12th, 2017, 5:44 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:
the spoofer wrote:Over 10,000 gone according to LR. That's impressive given we are only in Mid May. Probably exceed 12,000 which is near the maximum.


is there a non obvious maximum and if so why?

hopefully attendences can match sales more

Need to allow for max away team allocation... Think 25% for European games... And sponsor / officials allocation.

Think max is somewhere between 11.5 and 12.5k

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: August 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Location: Location Location

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby simonokeeffe » May 13th, 2017, 10:57 am

Chapeau

Wouldnt probably be in our deal with RDS to move all European games to LR
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15899
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby The Doc » May 13th, 2017, 2:39 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:Chapeau

Wouldnt probably be in our deal with RDS to move all European games to LR

Dave knows the details better than I but if I recall we are obliged to play 12 games in the RDS which allows us play 1 euro game and the Munster game at the Aviva

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: August 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Location: Location Location

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby simonokeeffe » May 13th, 2017, 4:44 pm

The Doc wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Chapeau

Wouldnt probably be in our deal with RDS to move all European games to LR

Dave knows the details better than I but if I recall we are obliged to play 12 games in the RDS which allows us play 1 euro game and the Munster game at the Aviva

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk


Yeah thats what I thought

Ah sure we could probably guarantee them a pro12 semi every yar
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15899
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby nc6000 » May 13th, 2017, 9:21 pm

I thought the contract with the RDS was signed when the Celtic League had 10 teams. Leinster agreed to play 12 games in the RDS which would have been their 9 home league games and 3 home european games there. When the Italian teams joined the league and it expanded to 12 teams this meant we had two extra home games which didn't have to be played in the RDS and that is when the two regular Lansdowne Road games started.

Wasn't there also another agreement made a few years back between the provinces where they all agreed to take a a smaller allocation of away tickets for the interpros as this would allow them all to sell more season tickets? This was on the assumption that supporters of the Welsh\Scottish & Italian teams wouldn't be travelling in large numbers so wouldn't need as large an allocation of tickets.
User avatar
nc6000
Mullet
 
Posts: 1594
Joined: June 25th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby johng » May 14th, 2017, 1:15 am

bang on nc. I seem to remember sts hitting 13000 after the interpro thing.
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16643
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby The Doc » May 14th, 2017, 3:53 pm

nc6000 wrote:I thought the contract with the RDS was signed when the Celtic League had 10 teams. Leinster agreed to play 12 games in the RDS which would have been their 9 home league games and 3 home european games there. When the Italian teams joined the league and it expanded to 12 teams this meant we had two extra home games which didn't have to be played in the RDS and that is when the two regular Lansdowne Road games started.

Wasn't there also another agreement made a few years back between the provinces where they all agreed to take a a smaller allocation of away tickets for the interpros as this would allow them all to sell more season tickets? This was on the assumption that supporters of the Welsh\Scottish & Italian teams wouldn't be travelling in large numbers so wouldn't need as large an allocation of tickets.

Correct on both counts. The increase in size of league is what allowed us move two regular season games at Aviva. Still have to play 12 regular season games in RDS.

The inter pros aren't the limitation on season tickets. The European games are. We have to offer an allocation to away teams for all euro games... Not that they often take them up. But if you sold more season tickets than the limit you would have the problem that one of the UK teams had (Leicester?) ... Asking season ticket holders to volunteer to give up seats.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: August 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Location: Location Location

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby cormac » May 14th, 2017, 4:09 pm

In my role as a pedant I have to point out that Leinster's contract with the RDS is for at least 13 games a season. The 13th game is the Schools Cup Final
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 4630
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby simonokeeffe » May 14th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Could we be cute and throw in a pre season game or two into the rds or a midweek November game against a tier 2 nation?
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15899
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Season Tickets 2017-1018

Postby Dave Cahill » May 14th, 2017, 8:07 pm

The Doc wrote:
The inter pros aren't the limitation on season tickets. The European games are. We have to offer an allocation to away teams for all euro games... Not that they often take them up. But if you sold more season tickets than the limit you would have the problem that one of the UK teams had (Leicester?) ... Asking season ticket holders to volunteer to give up seats.



The interpros were the problem. The ticket allocation for away teams in europe was 15%, but for the Pro12 its actually 25%. However, outside of interpros you wouldn't hit anywhere near that, but for a game against Munster or Ulster you would so we had this 10% of tickets that we couldn't sell because of two games. Plus Munster and Leinster would play silly-buggers with each others allocations. So the four provinces came to an arrangement to limit their Pro12 allocations against each other to the European level.

That was Leicester indeed, against Musnter as it happens
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20451
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Next

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests