Leinster v Embra Friday 7.35 RDS TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Embra Friday 7.35 RDS TG4

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Hadn't actually noticed Dippy was playing. I wouldn't have picked him myself but I'm delighted for him because I think he gets unfair criticism/is the forgotten man just because he's not as good as the other back rowers we have, still a good player IMO.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Hadn't actually noticed Dippy was playing. I wouldn't have picked him myself but I'm delighted for him because I think he gets unfair criticism/is the forgotten man just because he's not as good as the other back rowers we have, still a good player IMO.
+1. In terms of squad rotation - Maccer back in the row, Daly on the wing, Tracy and Byrne ahead of Strauss, Carbery back starting at 10 with Luke beside him, Adam Byrne to spring from the bench etc. - I think the choices are clever, as most of the selection has been this season thus far.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

riocard911 wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Hadn't actually noticed Dippy was playing. I wouldn't have picked him myself but I'm delighted for him because I think he gets unfair criticism/is the forgotten man just because he's not as good as the other back rowers we have, still a good player IMO.
+1. In terms of squad rotation - Maccer back in the row, Daly on the wing, Tracy and Byrne ahead of Strauss, Carbery back starting at 10 with Luke beside him, Adam Byrne to spring from the bench etc. - I think the choices are clever, as most of the selection has been this season thus far.
Also - how could I forget? - the indomitable Mr. Ross back starting at 3! Welcome back, Mike!!!!!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
Also - how could I forget? - the indomitable Mr. Ross back starting at 3! Welcome back, Mike!!!!!
Mike Ross is a timely reinforcement of our TH resources.
Come playoff time he could be the difference between success and failure.
Joe will be pleased to know he has some more TH backup over the next few weeks as well.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

the spoofer wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Generally a good side but I can't figure out why Daly is playing ahead of Adam Byrne. Love the pack and the halfbacks though so looking forward to it.
Try to rebuild the confidence of a lad who had a couple of tough outings?
Does Daly really have much of a future at Leinster though?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Seem to have forgotten to name a captain. Luke presumably?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Donny B. wrote:Seem to have forgotten to name a captain. Luke presumably?
Courtesy of the42.ie: "Luke McGrath skippers the side from scrum-half — in the absence of Isa Nacewa who underwent a small procedure on his knee this week..."
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Happy with that side, good to see a bit of rotation and fresh guys getting a chance.

Nice bit of impact for us off the bench too.

Strauss is probably the big surprise, wonder did he take a knock last week?

Embra side is fairly handy, could definitely put us under a bit of pressure. Hopefully we can turn the screw in scrum a bit.

Ryan probably in for us for his extra lineout ability.

15. Glenn Bryce
14. Damien Hoyland
13. Chris Dean
12. Phil Burleigh
11. Tom Brown
10. Duncan Weir
9. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
1. Jack Cosgrove
2. Neil Cochrane CAPTAIN
3. Murray McCallum
4. Fraser McKenzie
5. Ben Toolis
6. Magnus Bradbury
7. Jamie Ritchie
8. Cornell Du Preez

Replacements

16. George Turner
17. Derrick Appiah
18. Nick Beavon
19. Grant Gilchrist
20. Lewis Carmichael
21. Nathan Fowles
22. Jason Tovey
23. Blair Kinghorn
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Barry wrote:no Isa again - getting worried

According to the Indo, Leo Cullen confirmed that Isa Nacewa had undergone a small procedure on his knee and he will be unavailable for selection for "a couple of weeks".
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

goreyguy wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Generally a good side but I can't figure out why Daly is playing ahead of Adam Byrne. Love the pack and the halfbacks though so looking forward to it.
Try to rebuild the confidence of a lad who had a couple of tough outings?
Does Daly really have much of a future at Leinster though?
Absolutely. Up to the moment of his ill-timed non-competition against Scarlets, he was developing as well as Adam Byrne but with a slightly different skill-set, but, IMO, no less threat to opponents. He deserves every chance to rehabilitate his confidence and show that he has learned to compete aerially whilst still retaining the aggression and guile as a winger that earned selection in the first place.

Delighted with selection and clear evidence of thoughtful rotation policy which, in the absence of B&I games is the only solution to keeping the entire Squad motivated. This is 'Kilkenny-style' league selection to keep everybody's feet on the ground but their heads up straight.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ruckedtobits wrote:This is 'Kilkenny-style' league selection to keep everybody's feet on the ground but their heads up straight.
That's a good reference point alright, come to think of it, has anyone ever seen Leo and Brian Cody in the same room? :shock:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

BlueWheels wrote:
Barry wrote:no Isa again - getting worried

According to the Indo, Leo Cullen confirmed that Isa Nacewa had undergone a small procedure on his knee and he will be unavailable for selection for "a couple of weeks".
Judging by Leinster's Pravdaesque policy around injury reporting, I reckon he's probably having the leg amputated as we speak!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

They've taken him out back with a couple of plastic bags and the humane killer
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:They've taken him out back with a couple of plastic bags and the humane killer
Yeah. And the next time he plays, he'll have two dirty great bolts sticking out either side of his neck, a zombie-like stare, a massive stitch on his forehead and huge boots on his feet!!!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:They've taken him out back with a couple of plastic bags and the humane killer
Not a chance, this is Isa we are talking about. He has been released into a great big field to produce future generations of outstanding fullbacks with ugly looking but effective kicking technique.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

the spoofer wrote:
Not a chance, this is Isa we are talking about. He has been released into a great big field to produce future generations of outstanding fullbacks with ugly looking but effective kicking technique.
And with a tackling style that would take down a bullock at ten paces. (And can still convince a referee that it wasn't high just looked that way).
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

So Joey is kicking?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

1. Jack Cosgrove: 21, academy, signed from Worcester
2. Neil Cochrane CAPTAIN
3. Murray McCallum: 20, academy, debut season

16. George Turner: 24, 11 senior appearances 10 as a sub
17. Derrick Appiah: Italian, on loan from Worcester
18. Nick Beavon: 1 senior cap, amateur until this season

at risk of jinxing it, I was right and the scrums could/should be a massacre
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

This should be a BP all the way, we're far too powerful up front and have a better backline too.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Daly will have his work cut out for him with Hoyland. Handy player with good feet. Big game for him, needs to show something here.