Fuel the 4th

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Fuel the 4th

Post by riocard911 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:The Star...feel the force/fuel the 4th...

Unless I've made a massive leap :lol:
Ties in with "may the 4th be with you"

Not to be confused with Dublin 4?.........
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:

Ties in with "may the 4th be with you"

Not to be confused with Dublin 4?.........
Actually where I am right now :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

tingman wrote:Much ado about now't.....its called ambition....we have it as we should have it....
+1
Would be very disappointed if we didn't have that level of ambition but still believe that ambition and a degree of humility is a better marketing combination.

"We're great because we're humble" rang out from the Leinster changing room in the immediate aftermath of beating Ulster in Twickenham. St Joe frowned a bit, but understood the sentiment!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Now now, thats not exactly what rang out!!!
I have Bumbleflex
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

I'm fully behind the ambition. It's great to see and I loved the way Leo presented it a while back at the Q&A. We should be looking for a 4th star. We should consider ourselves one of the best clubs in Europe. We should be proud of the club that we have. And I am. None of that I'd argue with at all.

However, saying that a 4th star is coming, which is exactly what this ad says, is a step up from that again. And it's that extra step, that "we will do it" rather than "we want to do it and believe we can", is the bit that irks me.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

molloyjh wrote:I'm fully behind the ambition. It's great to see and I loved the way Leo presented it a while back at the Q&A. We should be looking for a 4th star. We should consider ourselves one of the best clubs in Europe. We should be proud of the club that we have. And I am. None of that I'd argue with at all.

However, saying that a 4th star is coming, which is exactly what this ad says, is a step up from that again. And it's that extra step, that "we will do it" rather than "we want to do it and believe we can", is the bit that irks me.
My feelings entirely. I remember when Stuart Lancaster took over England and declared winning the world cup in their own country to be his team's goal. At the time I admired the ambition. In retrospect, I reckon playing his cards a bit closer to his chest might perhaps have been the better way to go. Something like that new video of ours puts additional pressure on the players, when it's not needed or even detrimental to the cause.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

quantum leap?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Quantum is the smallest thing possible so a state change while complete, is a tiny, tiny thing.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:Quantum is the smallest thing possible so a state change while complete, is a tiny, tiny thing.
whoosh
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote:Quantum is the smallest thing possible so a state change while complete, is a tiny, tiny thing.
There's still some uncertainty about that.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

BlueBlue wrote:I like it, I like the ambition. As for stuff getting thrown in our faces, I think as Leinster Fans we know a lot gets thrown our direction , merited or not. So I couldn't care less.

I believe the team think that they can win the cup this year, I'd be pissed if they were just going through the motions. I believe they can win the cup this year because they have created the opportunity to win it this year, what else would you think when you are in a home Q final ?

At a recent questions and answers session between Leinster coaching panel and supporters a presentation was introduced by Leo, and presented by Lancaster. The clear aim presented was that its the clubs ambition to become the 1st side to win 5 European cups, a slide in the presentation showed and image of the crest with 3 stars turning into 5 stars.

I know we should not confuse marketing with team ambitions, but I have no problem with this campaign.
Hang on. Don't Toulon already have 6 stars?

Three big stars and three asterisks...

Anyway, I'd normally be all 4 Yorkshiremen when it comes to these kind of self-promoting vids, but I think this one is fine. It's the right side of the line between ambition and arrogance, albeit not by much. Saying something is "in the making" doesn't imply it's guaranteed to happen. "There's trouble in the making here" doesn't mean the scrap has already broken out or will ever break out.

I liked it and, as I say, I'd be fairly cynical about these.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

I think the timing of it makes as difference. Beginning of the season - ambition; partway through the season, having secured a home QF - touching on arrogance.
If England were to release a promotional video now saying "There's a grand slam in the making", I think we'd all be thinking it's arrogance.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Great vid not one bit of arrogance in there.
Anyone saying there is, is looking to be offended, it's about making a star, as a blacksmith and as a team. One needs a hammer the other Isa and Adam Byrne.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Think it's actually a Lifestyle Sports ad.......the fact that there are two pages of comments about whether Leinster Rugby should be doing an ad like this makes me think that someone should have a word with the Brand Manager!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Flash Gordon wrote:Think it's actually a Lifestyle Sports ad.......the fact that there are two pages of comments about whether Leinster Rugby should be doing an ad like this makes me think that someone should have a word with the Brand Manager!
It is a Lifestyle Sports ad, but would have to be signed off and worked on closely with Leinster's marketing/sponsorship team. They'd get final say.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Peg Leg wrote:Great vid not one bit of arrogance in there.
Anyone saying there is, is looking to be offended, it's about making a star, as a blacksmith and as a team. One needs a hammer the other Isa and Adam Byrne.
For the record, I am in no way offended. Not sure why you'd think anyone wold find it offensive. :?
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Peg Leg wrote:Great vid not one bit of arrogance in there.
That settles it so