Leinster walk out music

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

suisse
Shane Jennings

Leinster walk out music

Post by suisse »

Anyone else notice the team running out to The Foggy Dew on Friday? How cool was that? I haven't been to a lot of games this season so I don't know how often it happens but it always seemed to be Welcome To The Jungle, which is sh!t cos the RDS couldn't be further removed from a jungle.

I really hope they continue playing the Foggy Dew and then also changing that song after we've scored. They are just from the catalogue, generic pop songs you hear everywhere else. Nothing to do with Dublin, Leinster or Ireland. For a nation revered for its music history we really could find a more appropriate playlist for the stadium. Make it about where we are from.

And I'm not from Dublin. But the playing of songs referencing Dublin doesn't make any difference to me. They're based in the capital.

Gotta say..... I loved hearing the Foggy Dew. It was awesome.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster walk out music

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Apparently the players wanted it but expected the crowd to hate it so they'll be delighted with you.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Yep, in a league with 6 and a bit British teams its nice to run out to a song about Britannia's Huns with their long range guns.

I like the song, but there is such a thing as making appropriate choices.
I have Bumbleflex
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

I got the impression it was a tribute to Arthur Tanner
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Apparently the players wanted it but expected the crowd to hate it so they'll be delighted with you.
Ah that's nice. Delighted to help out :)

I agree with arse1, I get the feeling it was a tribute to the great Arthur Tanner.

I'm fine with finding a more appropriate tune if one is called for but I find it very hard to believe there would be any objections to this. There are other songs especially at international level that could be argued as being more provocative or inappropriate. Players have to stand there and listen to them.

For me, Chelsea Daggers is a rubbish tune and has no place at the RDS. But that's just my opinion.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:Yep, in a league with 6 and a bit British teams its nice to run out to a song about Britannia's Huns with their long range guns.

Raglan Road would be my choice or Rare auld times.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Dave Cahill wrote:Yep, in a league with 6 and a bit British teams its nice to run out to a song about Britannia's Huns with their long range guns.

No part of Ulster in in Britain, even if some of the players may feel that way. I also can't imagine the Scots being too put out about it.
I remember hearing, a good few years back, that the IRB were considering making Scotland change their anthem as they felt it was too anti-English.

Actually, any love for playing 'Come Out Ye Black and Tans' for the visit of Wasps?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Laighin Break wrote:

No part of Ulster in in Britain, even if some of the players may feel that way.
Demonym
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Laighin Break wrote: Actually, any love for playing 'Come Out Ye Black and Tans' for the visit of Wasps?
:lol: That is top class
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Laighin Break wrote:

No part of Ulster in in Britain, even if some of the players may feel that way. I also can't imagine the Scots being too put out about it.
I remember hearing, a good few years back, that the IRB were considering making Scotland change their anthem as they felt it was too anti-English.

Actually, any love for playing 'Come Out Ye Black and Tans' for the visit of Wasps?
I'm sure Brendan Macken and Marty Moore would love the sentiment. :|
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

johng wrote:
Laighin Break wrote: Actually, any love for playing 'Come Out Ye Black and Tans' for the visit of Wasps?
We need to make this happen!
A proud Winsome Fluter
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
johng wrote:
We need to make this happen!
For sure! We owe them one for the smaddering they gave in the Ricoh!!! I also thought The Foggy Dew was fantastic and agree we should try to use music that has more of a connection with Leinster place and people, than your off the rack international pop music product. It doesn't have to Carolan or Thomas Moore either. It could be along the lines of the following, done by lads who are Straight Outa Dublin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNMQrTv ... e=youtu.be
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

riocard911 wrote: For sure! We owe them one for the smaddering they gave in the Ricoh!!! I also thought The Foggy Dew was fantastic and agree we should try to use music that has more of a connection with Leinster place and people, than your off the rack international pop music product. It doesn't have to Carolan or Thomas Moore either. It could be along the lines of the following, done by lads who are Straight Outa Dublin:

Ah here that's terrible. Just because they're from Dublin doesn't qualify their eh poor song.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Hippo wrote:
riocard911 wrote: For sure! We owe them one for the smaddering they gave in the Ricoh!!! I also thought The Foggy Dew was fantastic and agree we should try to use music that has more of a connection with Leinster place and people, than your off the rack international pop music product. It doesn't have to Carolan or Thomas Moore either. It could be along the lines of the following, done by lads who are Straight Outa Dublin:

Ah here that's terrible. Just because they're from Dublin doesn't qualify their eh poor song.
I thought it was good. No accounting for taste, I guess....
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:
too many Cavan references for my liking in it

If we're using Foggy Dew as walkout music on an ongoing basis, a la Conor McGregor, we have to segue into Hypnotize as well
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Or Leinster could have an idea, instead of ripping off someone else's
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:Or Leinster could have an idea, instead of ripping off someone else's
Crumlin/Drimnagh is a relatively untapped market for rugby :wink:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

It is West Britain we're talking about after all.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Kinda like "Boys Are Back in Town" at the start of the season or after a bit of a gap in home games sometimes.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

We play 13 regular season games. How about each county gets it's county song for one game. The Dubs would be Molly Malone, Uibh Fhaile how I love you for Offaly and Stop the world and let me off or the Rising of the Moon for Longford!