Leinster v Scarlets Satuday 7.35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Scarlets Satuday 7.35 TG4

Post by paddyor »

All Blacks nil wrote:Funny
I thought his cameo against Argentina in RWC15 exposed his frailties once the tempo is raised. He was burnt for the last try making a quite feeble and ineffective attempt to tackle the Argentine second row who then offloaded to Imanhoff.
Leinster have returned to that style of play and have plenty of players able to play a pacy up tempo game. Ruddock is not one of those and will be at best a bit part player with Leinster in the immediate future.
You have permission to change your signature if I'm proven wrong.
He missed a tackle? Hes cr@p so.

Its funnu, i dont remember tempo being a problem for him in any of his.previous 125 games for Leinster or Locky.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

paddyor wrote:Ive no issue with him not being selected. But hes played more high level games than Keatley and played well. The context will be lost in a few years and........This isnt difficult stuff
Maybe I'm taking you up wrong here but you claim this isn't difficult stuff and try to claim that Ross Byrne has played more high level games than Ian Keatley - very selective and rather impressive use of stats/facts
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Golf Man wrote:
paddyor wrote:Ive no issue with him not being selected. But hes played more high level games than Keatley and played well. The context will be lost in a few years and........This isnt difficult stuff
Maybe I'm taking you up wrong here but you claim this isn't difficult stuff and try to claim that Ross Byrne has played more high level games than Ian Keatley - very selective and rather impressive use of stats/facts
:roll:
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Ross Byrne to Adam Byrne and on to Ed Byrne for the try. It was a good night for Byrnes.

Great to see a new wave of talented players coming through, like long gone friday night games in Donnybrook with young BOD Hickie Shaggy et al
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

olaf the fat wrote:Ross Byrne to Adam Byrne and on to Ed Byrne for the try. It was a good night for Byrnes.
S4C's commentators thought it was the funniest thing in the history of ever - they couldn't stop saying it.

I think it must be quite boring in Wales during winter.
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

blockhead wrote:I don't think we are giving Triggs enough credit here. He is a damn fine rugby player with as high a skill set for a lock as Hines in his pomp. He always looking for work. Fardy has some big shoes to fill.
+ 1

Really adds to attacking tempo too
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dave Cahill wrote:
olaf the fat wrote:Ross Byrne to Adam Byrne and on to Ed Byrne for the try. It was a good night for Byrnes.
S4C's commentators thought it was the funniest thing in the history of ever - they couldn't stop saying it.

They are just keeping up with the Joneses.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dave Cahill wrote:

I think it must be quite boring in Wales.
Fixed that for you. :wink:
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Or the Williamses.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Sheesh, I'm sure there are whole teams over there consisting of nout but Williams's and Jones's.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan