Leinster v Scarlets Satuday 7.35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster v Scarlets Satuday 7.35 TG4

Post by Oldschool »

MunsterSugar wrote:So again I have to ask who are the 4 European backrowers vs Wasps and back 3 guys?
For me I'd go
O'Brien
Leavy
Heaslip

Conan benching

I think Van Der Flier isn't playing as well this season and current form is in others favour too
I presume Jordi Murphy is out of the reckoning.
He'd be pushing Conan for the bench spot.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Oldschool wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:So again I have to ask who are the 4 European backrowers vs Wasps and back 3 guys?
For me I'd go
O'Brien
Leavy
Heaslip

Conan benching

I think Van Der Flier isn't playing as well this season and current form is in others favour too
Was under impression Jordi done for season
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

MunsterSugar wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
For me I'd go
O'Brien
Leavy
Heaslip

Conan benching

Was under impression Jordi done for season
Is Murphy and Cronin out for the season???
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

No they isn't. Cronin due in April. Murphy similar I think.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

johng wrote:No they isn't. Cronin due in April. Murphy similar I think.
I'd be shocked if Jordi makes it back then. Wasn't it similar to POM injury.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

MunsterSugar wrote:
johng wrote:No they isn't. Cronin due in April. Murphy similar I think.
I'd be shocked if Jordi makes it back then. Wasn't it similar to POM injury.
Yeah, I think his season's over. They said 6-9 months at the time, probably the latter.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I stand corrected. I had it in my head that he would be back before the end of the season.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

All Blacks nil wrote:Whatever about Carberry's credentials at outhalf he is turning in some performances at fullback and assuming Sexton is available at outhalf, will start there for Leinster's big games this season.
Irelands best fullback by a country mile.
If Leinster want to start Carberry ( they must) either Sexton or RK lose out. Nacewa, Byrne and Carberry looks a tasty back three with Byrne's defensive positioning the only potential weakness.
After 2 games in the Pro12?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

MunsterSugar wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:In years to come,some of our successor Nerds will wonder how Keatley got into an Irish match day Squad in 2017. It will be difficult, based merely on Stats for the Season to find any justifications.
Think it quite easy actually. There was no alternatives only Ross Byrne who hadn't produced the top form and was better served at this stage playing with Leinster than holding a tackle bag
He actually has though.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

paddyor wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:Whatever about Carberry's credentials at outhalf he is turning in some performances at fullback and assuming Sexton is available at outhalf, will start there for Leinster's big games this season.
If Leinster want to start Carberry ( they must) either Sexton or RK lose out. Nacewa, Byrne and Carberry looks a tasty back three with Byrne's defensive positioning the only potential weakness.
As you know I tend to call players as I see them. How is Ruddock's Six Nations career as a blindside going?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

All Blacks nil wrote:
paddyor wrote:
As you know I tend to call players as I see them. How is Ruddock's Six Nations career as a blindside going?
I full game and a highlight reel from a 50=points trashing isn't really much to go on. Doesn't stack up!

Not good. Had a terrible time with injuries, particularly the broken arm in the run up to the RWC. I think he proved he can hack it at test level in the tour to Argentina and against SA. Needs a run of games to get back to where he was, but I think Conan will overtake him as a starter for Leinster next season.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Funny
I thought his cameo against Argentina in RWC15 exposed his frailties once the tempo is raised. He was burnt for the last try making a quite feeble and ineffective attempt to tackle the Argentine second row who then offloaded to Imanhoff.
Leinster have returned to that style of play and have plenty of players able to play a pacy up tempo game. Ruddock is not one of those and will be at best a bit part player with Leinster in the immediate future.
You have permission to change your signature if I'm proven wrong.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

James Davies going off opened things up for us

Think that was the second most embarrassing performance by a Tom Williams against us
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Kept an eye on Tadhg Beirne. Didn't have a great game from what I saw. Badly turned over once. Threw a bit of a hospital pass that led to them knocking it on later. I'd say he was disappointed with how the night went for him.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I don't think we are giving Triggs enough credit here. He is a damn fine rugby player with as high a skill set for a lock as Hines in his pomp. He always looking for work. Fardy has some big shoes to fill.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

blockhead wrote:I don't think we are giving Triggs enough credit here. He is a damn fine rugby player with as high a skill set for a lock as Hines in his pomp. He always looking for work. Fardy has some big shoes to fill.
I wonder whether he wants to finish up after this season or is he going to play on somewhere else and Leinster have taken the decision to replace him. If Triggs did want to stay on It's quite a big gamble to trade an out-and-out 2nd row who's producing the goods for someone who has largely been playing 6
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:In years to come,some of our successor Nerds will wonder how Keatley got into an Irish match day Squad in 2017. It will be difficult, based merely on Stats for the Season to find any justifications.
Think it quite easy actually. There was no alternatives only Ross Byrne who hadn't produced the top form and was better served at this stage playing with Leinster than holding a tackle bag
He actually has though.
Before 6Nations realistically je hadn't mixed with Schmidt never having him in camp. Itbwas a no brainer why Keatley was called up at the time
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

MunsterSugar wrote:Before 6Nations realistically je hadn't mixed with Schmidt never having him in camp. Itbwas a no brainer why Keatley was called up at the time
If we are using brain analogies, I thought it was brainless groupthink or maybe braindead. I would also suggest subsequent events - him not being trusted on the pitch except as an absolute necessity at the end against Italy - confirmed this.
Keatley seems like a really, really nice guy and the way he was treated made me feel really sorry for him. Any of the other options (I make at least 3) would have been better.
As a Leinster fan, I am very happy we didn't lose Byrne though. Ireland's Call has been very disruptive to our squad again this season but we seem to have managed it very well - having zero outhalves would have been a step too far though...and I wonder if that was not a consideration.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Picking Keatley was Schmidt doing what Schmidt does

Trimble is out for the rest of the 6 nations - Bowe is called up - Byrne/Sweetnam/Stockdale surely more deserving

Young guys either tend to serve a long apprenticeship ala Ringrose, or get because of injuriues al a Carberry

If he had picked Byrne, he wasn't going to be trusted either - Schmidt would have had more faith in a more experienced guy having to take the reins, rather than Byrne

Leinster looking v v good btw - must be favourites for the double

Big decisions for Cullen now for Europe - is he going to leave Leavy, Byrne, Conan and Carberry out? Before you even mention ROL
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ive no issue with him not being selected. But hes played more high level games than Keatley and played well. The context will be lost in a few years and........This isnt difficult stuff
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles