Dave Kearney - Signed contract in 2016
James Lowe - Signed 3yr contract in 2017
Barry Daly - Signed contract in 2017
Adam Byrne - Signed contract in 2017

Hugo Keenan - Academy
Jack Power - Academy
Terry Kennedy - Academy
Jordan Larmour - Academy
Last edited by goreyguy on April 6th, 2017, 8:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Re: Leinster Senior Squad 2017/2018

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Possibly gone by next season so:

Ed Byrne (he was given a senior contract while he was still injured so they clearly rate him. 5 senior Looseheads is a lot though)

Mike Ross (will he be given another season? He's clearly got more to give what with him leaving dragons players in the dust)

M McCarthy (Retired or France)

Triggs (wish him well wherever he goes, really honest bloke)

Dom Ryan (Ulster? Premiership)

Isa (really hope he stays, he is in top form. Hopefully the whole offer him another contract extension can be worked around)

Zane (same contract extension thing as Isa)

Barry Daly (Lot of back 3 talent, maybe a 1 year?)
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Possibly gone by next season so:

Ed Byrne (he was given a senior contract while he was still injured so they clearly rate him. 5 senior Looseheads is a lot though)

Mike Ross (will he be given another season? He's clearly got more to give what with him leaving dragons players in the dust)

Isa (really hope he stays, he is in top form. Hopefully the whole offer him another contract extension can be worked around)

Seems Leavy to Munster has merit looking at those renewals

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

MunsterSugar wrote:

Why? Because an academy backrow who was out of contract, got a 1 year deal?
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

MunsterSugar wrote:

I'd be absolutely gobsmacked. He's up near the top of the charts with turnovers and offloads and is obviously rated by Leinster and national management.

Leinster will be offering him a very nice deal and Munster can only match it and try promise more game time. Which wont stack up as he has played 18 games this season alone.

I am a firm believer that there is room for him. Him and VDF are both proper good 7's. Leavy has the advantage of being able to cover 6 too. That sets them apart from the other options who are all 6/8 who can fill in at 7.

Leavy brings an element to his game that other can't offer and for a horses for courses scenario, there is room
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Think Lancaster will have much say in who leaves? First thing he did when he became England coach was clear out most of the older generation and built a side based on youth. They'll still have all the experienced internationals.

I also think they might go for one big name foreign signing. Probably a second row.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

If Mike Ross leaves/retires, we might need a one year NIQ tight-head. Cittadini is with Bayonne who are certain to be relegated, could be a solid option as competition with Bent to be Furlong's back-up next season or first choice during international windows. I don't think Loughman or Heffernan are near ready to be thrown in against the likes of Toulon, Castres, Saracens etc in Champions' Cup games.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

I thought that Mick Kearney was on a three year deal – was he announced in the period when they stopped giving details of contract lengths?

Keen to see whether we get Thornbury back on board or if we go in a different direction. There's a lot of contracts up for renewal in the second row. None of the lads currently contracted has let the side down, but nor have they gone out and been utterly convincing.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

hugonaut wrote:I thought that Mick Kearney was on a three year deal – was he announced in the period when they stopped giving details of contract lengths?

Keen to see whether we get Thornbury back on board or if we go in a different direction. There's a lot of contracts up for renewal in the second row. None of the lads currently contracted has let the side down, but nor have they gone out and been utterly convincing.
Pretty sure I read an interview with kearney where he said he signed a 2 year deal. But could be wrong on that one.

Not sure what directions are on offer in terms of IQ'd locks leinster could try to sign.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

goreyguy wrote:
hugonaut wrote:I thought that Mick Kearney was on a three year deal – was he announced in the period when they stopped giving details of contract lengths?

Pretty sure I read an interview with kearney where he said he signed a 2 year deal. But could be wrong on that one.

Not sure what directions are on offer in terms of IQ'd locks leinster could try to sign.
John Madigan only signed a one-year development contract with Munster this time last year [source: http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/22214.php#.WLV-xGV5j-Y ]. He's not getting a look-in down there with Kleyn on board. Classic proportions for a tighthead second row [198cm and 124kg] and supposed to be a useful player ... very few people have seen too much of him because he missed his U20s year with illness and injury. I've only seen him a couple of times - we'd have to start from the ground up, but with that rare size he has potential.

Shure it'd be "for the good of Irish rugby"!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

hugonaut wrote:
goreyguy wrote:

John Madigan only signed a one-year development contract with Munster this time last year [source: http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/22214.php#.WLV-xGV5j-Y ]. He's not getting a look-in down there with Kleyn on board. Classic proportions for a tighthead second row [198cm and 124kg] and supposed to be a useful player ... very few people have seen too much of him because he missed his U20s year with illness and injury. I've only seen him a couple of times - we'd have to start from the ground up, but with that rare size he has potential.

Shure it'd be "for the good of Irish rugby"!
He is also spend more time injured than healthy that past 3 seasons. Out now again with another injury this time his ankle.

Could be worth investing in though, if Munster aren't keeping him around.
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

GG has Charlie Rock been given a senior contract as well as Nick McCarthy? At least the "famine" of only having two scrum halves seems to be over.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

rdsblue wrote:GG has Charlie Rock been given a senior contract as well as Nick McCarthy? At least the "famine" of only having two scrum halves seems to be over.
No Rock is going into his final year in the academy.

I'd be surprised if a scrumhalf wasn't added to the academy this summer - either Nick Peters or Hugh O'Sullivan.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

The numerous injured second rows makes Big Dev's durability all the more amazing. We appear to have some lads who don't get injured

Dev
Jamie
Jack Mc

seem to be available for most games.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I'm also pretty sure Nagle got a two year deal when he signed, so his contract runs out at the end of the 2017/18 season.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

neiliog93 wrote:I'm also pretty sure Nagle got a two year deal when he signed, so his contract runs out at the end of the 2017/18 season.
Dont think so but im sure we will find out soon.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Isa, Isa, Isa.

Confirmed that we have him next year.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

I've no issue with Nacewa signing but I'd ask what's difference between him extending and Pienaar.
I'm guessing you may see Ruan stay.
Good to see Nacewa stay though. A class act and though he's 34 those retirement years may have bought him longer career
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Great News, may be 34 but take off his year out and not playing 100 odd internationals he probably is only 30 in rugby years
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Assume this means that the chances of Kirchner getting a new deal are reduced.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish