Leinster Senior Squad 2017/2018

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster Senior Squad 2017/2018

Post by mildlyinterested »

Cathalsmart wrote:Massive loss, like it has been said probably the end of his Leinster career.
Massive loss? That's overstating it a bit.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on August 17th, 2017, 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:Massive loss, like it has been said probably the end of his Leinster career.
Massive loss?
He is a significant loss given our depleted resources. I wouldn't write him off just yet. He has just turned 24 and with proper recovery could be back by the end of the season.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

the spoofer wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
Massive loss?
He is a significant loss given our depleted resources. I wouldn't write him off just yet. He has just turned 24 and with proper recovery could be back by the end of the season.
A loss due to lack of depth for sure.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on August 17th, 2017, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

James Ryan is a mutant.

edit - open image in another tab to get full effect
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Daly is a big loss given our lack of depth for the start of the season.
A lot of pressure on Reid now. Shame for him.
I'm not sure Isa is the answer at 12 either...
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

IQ centres floating around...
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Wish him well in his recovery. It looked like he might finally get a decent bit of game time so the timing is extra cruel, and I can't imagine how sh!t it would be to go through all that and go online to see people saying he was rubbish and that his career is over.

Still, onto the next commodity that we can get behind until they become useless to us.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Wish him well in his recovery. It looked like he might finally get a decent bit of game time so the timing is extra cruel, and I can't imagine how sh!t it would be to go through all that and go online to see people saying he was rubbish and that his career is over.

Still, onto the next commodity that we can get behind until they become useless to us.
Well said.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Just had a look and all of our games up to 3/11 are on TV including the two Saffer games.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

the spoofer wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Wish him well in his recovery. It looked like he might finally get a decent bit of game time so the timing is extra cruel, and I can't imagine how sh!t it would be to go through all that and go online to see people saying he was rubbish and that his career is over.

Well said.
Ditto.

There was always going to be some chance that Isa would play a bit of rugby in the centre this year with Ringrose and Henshaw both injured. It's a practical reality with Daly's injury.

If you consider Isa's attributes, he has everything to make a No12 - invention, toughness, a phenomenal tackler, intuitive handler, goal-kicker. He now brings huge experience and leadership to the mix as well. Obviously [and despite bagging 10 tries last season], he has lost a bit of pace over the years, so moving down a few numbers makes a load of sense.

I'm happy to see the coaching staff addressing it early. I like the idea of Isa outside either one of Byrne or Carberry, an outstanding safety valve and minder for them. He provides a huge increase in physicality and authority over Reider.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I'm ok with Isa at 12. Think he'll do well.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

We've called for it often enough on here! Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

Really tough timing on that injury for Daly: opportunity can be hard to get in Leinster with two internationals and Reid and ROL having taken their chances as backup last year.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

hugonaut wrote:
I'm happy to see the coaching staff addressing it early.
That's a fair point actually, if we're going to have it as a real option then better to invest in it now. I'm less convinced it'll work, but now is absolutely the right time to try it.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

neiliog93 wrote:I'm ok with Isa at 12. Think he'll do well.
I've always thought Isa could do a good job at centre. Sure he even showed us last year what he's capable of from scrumhalf.
I can see him playing a bit of a Kirchner role this season, filling in whatever position across the backline he's needed in.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Seems to be a few interviews with Lancaster floating around the media today.
Some interesting bits in here:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/l ... 44009.html

His contract was done in March.

This line is interesting too:

"I would have found it very hard to stand in front of players talking about trying to win big games and in my mind be planning my exit, because you've got to be up front with your players and I wanted to show them that I was 100pc committed."

I wonder who he could be referring to there. :lol:
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Lancaster has always struck me as straight up and down type of guy. Personally I think that quality is important in a coach or any leadership role in a team/squad environment.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Sexton at 10, Nacewa at 12 and Carberry at 15 would be a serious headache for any defensive system.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Isa repping the squad at the Pro14 launch this morning. Wonder does that mean he's captain again for this year.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

wixfjord wrote:Isa repping the squad at the Pro14 launch this morning. Wonder does that mean he's captain again for this year.
Isa Nacewa, not the hero we deserve but the hero we need.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Dooley, Reid, B Byrne, Josh Murphy all picked up knocks in pre season that means they are out for a few weeks according to leo