Favourite Leinster matches to rewatch

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Favourite Leinster matches to rewatch

Post by Peg Leg »

Mickado wrote:Leinster v Munster in the league in 09/10 - the 30-0 one
If I had the opportunity to watch that again, I would pay big money to do so in front of the two preening red fans who sat behind the wife and I. [Not a jibe at Munster fans, just those 2]. A couple in their 50's threw out some classics as:
"I can't believe they think they're supporters and they don't arrive early enough to watch the warm ups" and "they probably don't know the names of all the players".
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:
Mickado wrote:Leinster v Munster in the league in 09/10 - the 30-0 one
If I had the opportunity to watch that again, I would pay big money to do so in front of the two preening red fans who sat behind the wife and I. [Not a jibe at Munster fans, just those 2]. A couple in their 50's threw out some classics as:
"I can't believe they think they're supporters and they don't arrive early enough to watch the warm ups" and "they probably don't know the names of all the players".
They were probably right.
You only knew the names of the Munster players didn't tou?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

By any chance does anyone have those 2 2009 victories over Munster recorded? Full match. Would love to add them to my collection. Also the victory v Clermont in 2012 semi.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

2014 Pro12 final vs Glasgow is an underrated gem I think.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Leinster's MO'C game against Northampton (think Drico's pass through his legs) is certainly one worth enjoying again. But for the full package, the games where Nathan Hines and Brad Thorn helped win S/F and Finals are the real deal. Leinster in its pomp, up front and out back.
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

I must say I always have good memories of beating Gloucester in LR. I think it was 05/06 or 06/07. Some nice tried that day and Stephen Keogh had a stormer.
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

This is a bit like the "what would your last meal on earth be" question. The answer is, basically, always fresh bread and butter :) but you talk yourself into overthinking it and start throwing steaks and lobsters and burdocks into the equation.

The answer is the second half of the 2011 final.
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

And 07/08 I think when Leinster best Munster 21-15 I think in a rain soaked rds. No tries scored from either team and sexton was excellent and MOM if I recall correctly. One if the wettest games from the north stand in memory.
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

blaker wrote:The answer is the second half of the 2011 final.
You have to watch the first half to truly appreciate it though.
Donald wrote:I must say I always have good memories of beating Gloucester in LR. I think it was 05/06 or 06/07. Some nice tried that day and Stephen Keogh had a stormer.
Keogh was a criminally underrated player.
Anyone But New Zealand