Zane Kirchner leaving for Dragons

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Zane Kirchner leaving for Dragons

Post by Cianostays »

Very similar to Gopperth. Both never quite delivered but both of them were unfortunate never to work with the coach who signed them: Schmidt.

Seems like a very decent guy and has contributed very well during this six nations window.

Also good for the Pro12 in general to have a fella of his experience signing for the Dragons.

Good luck to him and his Family.
Dave Cahill wrote:
“To a badge and a fraternity that literally turned my life around. A place that became home. Friends that grew closer then family.

“From me and my family we humbly thank everyone for the adventure. To the organisation, from top to bottom, thank you for allowing me to set foot in a club which I believe is the best that I’ve ever been.

“To the Leinster blue faithful, I hope that even for a little while I brought joy to your presence at our games. The roar and memories of the RDS is something I’ll carry and treasure for the rest of my life.

“I am very grateful.”
Lovely words from the man also. He'll always be welcomed back to the RDS after that statement :clap: :clap: :cry:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Lovely words from Zane. He has always come across as a very genuine and likeable fellow and gave us some great moments – like many, I'll long remember when he lit up the Pro12 final against Glasgow with a brace of tries.

Thanks very much and best of luck with future endeavours Zane - always welcome back to the RDS.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Cianostays wrote:Very similar to Gopperth. Both never quite delivered but both of them were unfortunate never to work with the coach who signed them: Schmidt.

Seems like a very decent guy and has contributed very well during this six nations window.

Also good for the Pro12 in general to have a fella of his experience signing for the Dragons.

Good luck to him and his Family.
Dave Cahill wrote:
“To a badge and a fraternity that literally turned my life around. A place that became home. Friends that grew closer then family.

“From me and my family we humbly thank everyone for the adventure. To the organisation, from top to bottom, thank you for allowing me to set foot in a club which I believe is the best that I’ve ever been.

“To the Leinster blue faithful, I hope that even for a little while I brought joy to your presence at our games. The roar and memories of the RDS is something I’ll carry and treasure for the rest of my life.

“I am very grateful.”
Lovely words from the man also. He'll always be welcomed back to the RDS after that statement :clap: :clap: :cry:
think that has always been overlooked

is great though that he loved it here so much and Leinster made such an impression on him
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Yeah, thanks Zane. Part of some great victories, especially the brace in the Pro12 final. Will miss his traditional xmas try in TP.
It's a big signing for the Dragons though isn't it. Maybe a sign of a positive change in Welsh Rugby? I alwasys wondered what he was thinking the night we played away to the Saints and they had a speech and a minute's applause after passing away of Nelson Mandela.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Good solid player in his time here but i think he lost a yard when he lost the badbob hair
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Top guy, did what he said on the tin (good player but not as good as you'd expect for a 30-cap Bok) for four seasons. Hope Dragons don't disband on him.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I like Zane and I'm sorry to see him go. He's a classy player, and I think he did well considering that he didn't often get a run of games. Seemed to be underappreciated and unfairly (imo) criticised a lot of the time by some
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Dave Cahill wrote:

“I am very grateful.”
Best of luck Zane & very nice words. Some good solid performances over last 4 years and the 2 trys in league final against Glasgow at the RDS was great to watch.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Farewell Zane, we'll always have that intercept in Thomond!
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

I'm sorry to see Zane go, a very useful player for us. Best of luck to him with Dragons.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Played one of his best games, since Glasgow Pro12 final, last Sat night against Scarlets. Very physical in defence and a couple of excellent off-loads. Still lots of rugby in Zane. A truly nice, shy, gentleman.

Good luck.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Ruckedtobits wrote: Still lots of rugby in Zane.

Good luck.
That's the thing, he could be a really astute signing for Dragons. We expect a bit of turnover there and he would immediately be a senior figure and bring a hell of a lot of institutional knowledge with him along with being right on form.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:

“I am very grateful.”
Now that's a farewell tribute!

Very good player. Always reliable; sometimes excellent and often unfairly traduced. Thanks Zane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Wonder would he be played more at 13 in later years. Seems more comfortable there and is defensively solid.
May be a good signing for reviving Dragons. WRU looking to plough alot in to getting them up and being competitive
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

One of our most underrated signings. Important player for us.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Thank you Zane, you will be missed.

Also

Thanks for the very kind words to Leinster fans and the whole Leinster organisation. Its good to know that the Leinster experience had a positive effect on your life and that you are so positive about Leinster the club.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Zane will make his return this Saturday v Who?
Fuppin Sarries in the AngloWelsh something or other.
Good man Zane.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Played 80 mins at outhalf including taking the conversions.

Mark Flanagan and Tadhg McElroy played for sarries who won by a shitload