Post by goreyguy »

Zane Kirchner to join @DragonsRugby #GUINNESSPRO12 http://pro12rug.by/NNUc8f
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Zane Kirchner leaving for Dragons

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

https://twitter.com/dragonsrugby/status ... 2404176897

As suspected, he is off.

Didn't expect rainy Newport as the destination however.

Thanks for everything Zane
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Re: Zane Kirchner leaving

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Just in ahead of me.

Quite the suprising move it must be said.

Hopefully it works out for him
sunshiner1
Mullet

Re: Zane Kirchner leaving for Dragons

Post by sunshiner1 »

Would have assumed he'd be off to France on a big contract. Fair play to the Dragons for getting him.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Double thread.

Anyway I can remove this or is it up to the mods?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Best of luck Zane. Always a solid player for us.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sunshiner1 wrote:Would have assumed he'd be off to France on a big contract. Fair play to the Dragons for getting him.
dont think largely riding pine for 4 years and playing out of position helped with a big deal, plus hes 33 in the summer, but best of luck to him
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Thanks Zane, the receiver of some harsh criticism at times, mostly unwarranted. Best wishes for the future.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

One of the stand-out players in the RDS on Saturday.

Thanks Zane, and best of luck.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Best of luck to him. More than a bit surprised by the destination though. They're even more of a sh!t-show these days than they have been previously.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

I've always been a fan and think he's been a real good player for us.

Will be a great signing for the Dragons. Best of luck Zane.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Zane's performance vs the Scarlets on Saturday was the best I've seen him play at 13 in blue. That thunderous tackle in the centre of the park, which led to the bonus point try, was worth the admission price on its own. Funnily, during his time in Ireland I reckon Zane's best games were played in Thomond Park: He had a major part in Jenno's Barbarians' win vs Ireland in May 2015. Ditto the Leinster match later that year, in the course of which Ringer announced his arrival on the scene with a dazzling run and offload to Isa and Zane ran in an intercept try in the second. Good luck to him with Dragons - when they're not playing Leinster that is!!!
Backplay
Beginner

Post by Backplay »

Best of luck Zane and thanks for the contribution you've made to Leinster Rugby in your time here. Your 2 tries in the Pro12 Final against Warriors were a highlight for me as were the tries you scored against Munster down in Thomond. Your Barbarians' try was a thing of beauty as well :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Thanks Zane - Always liked your big match temperament.
Good luck with the Dragons.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

“To a badge and a fraternity that literally turned my life around. A place that became home. Friends that grew closer then family.

“From me and my family we humbly thank everyone for the adventure. To the organisation, from top to bottom, thank you for allowing me to set foot in a club which I believe is the best that I’ve ever been.

“To the Leinster blue faithful, I hope that even for a little while I brought joy to your presence at our games. The roar and memories of the RDS is something I’ll carry and treasure for the rest of my life.

“I am very grateful.”
I have Bumbleflex
wwed
Learner

Post by wwed »

Best of luck to him in the future.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

He's been quite a find at 13 this year when experience, nous, and hard tackling are required to keep the inexperienced young backs scoring tries.

Best of luck and thanks, could really help that Newport team rediscover some steel.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Dave Cahill wrote:
“To a badge and a fraternity that literally turned my life around. A place that became home. Friends that grew closer then family.

“From me and my family we humbly thank everyone for the adventure. To the organisation, from top to bottom, thank you for allowing me to set foot in a club which I believe is the best that I’ve ever been.

“To the Leinster blue faithful, I hope that even for a little while I brought joy to your presence at our games. The roar and memories of the RDS is something I’ll carry and treasure for the rest of my life.

“I am very grateful.”
Wow. Makes a very touching change from the pre-written, cut-and-paste statements that players usually make. I thought he didn't benefit from the very high bar for NIQs that the Ollie's, Felipe's, Nathan's, Rocky's, Brad's and Isa's have set. You were easily a cut above a lot of our other overseas signings and there's no doubt you brought a buzz and commitment to the team and to games, plus covered 4 positions for us to a high standard.

Best of luck, Zane, you'll need all of it in Newport.
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

Dave Cahill wrote:

“I am very grateful.”
Who's been chopping onions...?
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:

“I am very grateful.”
Fair play to you, Zane!!!!