Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Wasps Aviva Stadium 1st April KO 3.15 BT

Post by paddyor »

johng wrote:
brenno wrote: Yep didn't see Wasps game at the weekend
http://www.premiershiprugby.com/video/h ... -round-18/
That first try is plan A - F. Think Henshaw will.make hay aginst goppriani.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

They play "Kevin Keegan" rugby - outscore the opposition. Scored 40 v 14 man Worcester at weekend, but also conceded 33 and let them get 2 BPs.

Could be a classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

They're us: took the foot off WW's neck when they had their BP in the bag. Most teams do that.

I wouldn't read too much into their concessions at the end. Rather I'd read into the 19-19 at half time.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be as nice as it has been last couple of days. Wind has veered SW and that means not cold, but wet.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

fourthirtythree wrote:They're us: took the foot off WW's neck when they had their BP in the bag. Most teams do that.

I wouldn't read too much into their concessions at the end. Rather I'd read into the 19-19 at half time.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be as nice as it has been last couple of days. Wind has veered SW and that means not cold, but wet.
Yeah, i dont think it was a 1st choice pack either so the scrum would likely be stronger. I dont think it will be a high scoring game, neuther of the games against Toulose or Connacht away were particularly high scoring. Theyre capable of tightening up their defense when they want to, that said theres still a soft spot at 10-12.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

fourthirtythree wrote:Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be as nice as it has been last couple of days. Wind has veered SW and that means not cold, but wet.
Not meaning to call your meteorological creds into doubt...but surely SW wind is precisely what brings the rain to our fair isle?
Northerlies and easterlies bring the cold; westerlies and south-westerlies (and southerlies) bring the water from the gulf...or am I wrong altogether?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

This is a very hard match to call.
A real top of the table clash with both teans leading their respective leagues.
Don't know what Wasps away record is like but home advantage could/will be very important in such a situation.
Aviva Leinster is not always the same as Aviva Ireland.
Leinster supporters are going to have to deliver on Saturday, particularly if the going gets tough.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Forecast is for a dry weekend currently.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

curates_egg wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be as nice as it has been last couple of days. Wind has veered SW and that means not cold, but wet.
Not meaning to call your meteorological creds into doubt...but surely SW wind is precisely what brings the rain to our fair isle?
Northerlies and easterlies bring the cold; westerlies and south-westerlies (and southerlies) bring the water from the gulf...or am I wrong altogether?
You're right, it's my English language mad skillz that need to be called into doubt "not cold, but wet": I struggle to call the South Westerly "warm" as it can be pretty wintry at times when I'm cycling into a full SW of sleet on the way home and in the summer it's associated with really cr@p not warm weather, though it is usually described as warm. And it is wet. Oh yes is it wet. Always and forever and then again is it wet. So the positive is that it shouldn't be freezing, but on the downside it will be a bit wet at least.

EDIT
and as offshorerules points out the weather forecast has changed to dry Saturday. We'll see...
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

fourthirtythree wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
You're right, it's my English language mad skillz that need to be called into doubt "not cold, but wet": I struggle to call the South Westerly "warm" as it can be pretty wintry at times when I'm cycling into a full SW of sleet on the way home and in the summer it's associated with really cr@p not warm weather, though it is usually described as warm. And it is wet. Oh yes is it wet. Always and forever and then again is it wet. So the positive is that it shouldn't be freezing, but on the downside it will be a bit wet at least.

EDIT
and as offshorerules points out the weather forecast has changed to dry Saturday. We'll see...
I'm very confident it will be fine and dry.
Dont Panic!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

...and changeable. (It is Ireland after all is said and done lads)
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

offshorerules wrote:...and changeable. (It is Ireland after all is said and done lads)
Hibernal, Vernal, Esteval and Autumnal weather is usually a reasonably accurate prediction.
That's Winterlike, Springlike, Summerlike and Autumnlike in case you're wondering.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Oldschool wrote:
offshorerules wrote:...and changeable. (It is Ireland after all is said and done lads)
Hibernal, Vernal, Esteval and Autumnal weather is usually a reasonably accurate prediction.
That's Winterlike, Springlike, Summerlike and Autumnlike in case you're wondering.
Sounds better when Jean Byrne says it
bargepole
Beginner

Post by bargepole »

Ruckedtobits wrote: ... Their outlook is, you score four, we'll score five.

For what its worth, this review is based on four of their key games this season:
Wasps overall away record in the Prem is P9 W5 D1 L3.

But if you look at our away game at Bath on 4 March: http://www.premiershiprugby.com/video/h ... -round-17/ , we focused on defence and shut down the opposition completely, running out with a 3-24 scoreline.

But we'll be happy to let Leinster score four tries if we get five, that gives a 28-35 score if all are converted, and add say three penalty goals each as neither Sexton nor Gopperth (or Daly) miss many of those, so that's an end result of 37-44. We'll take that, thanks very much.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Leoslovechild wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
With shuari shrunken human head earrings and a live iguana for a bracelet.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Peg Leg wrote:
Leoslovechild wrote:
With shuari shrunken human head earrings and a live iguana for a bracelet.
Shhhhh! Not in front of the visitors Peggy. You'll make a show of us.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Dan Leavy and Jack Conan to start, JVF on the bench, Strauss starting ahead of Tracey. Back 3 of Byrne, Carbery & Isa.
The rest as expected, no surprises....."reliable source".
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

bargepole wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote: ... Their outlook is, you score four, we'll score five.

For what its worth, this review is based on four of their key games this season:
Wasps overall away record in the Prem is P9 W5 D1 L3.

But if you look at our away game at Bath on 4 March: http://www.premiershiprugby.com/video/h ... -round-17/ , we focused on defence and shut down the opposition completely, running out with a 3-24 scoreline.

But we'll be happy to let Leinster score four tries if we get five, that gives a 28-35 score if all are converted, and add say three penalty goals each as neither Sexton nor Gopperth (or Daly) miss many of those, so that's an end result of 37-44. We'll take that, thanks very much.
Sounds doable so long as your canal boat doesn't spring a leak.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

El Diablo wrote:Dan Leavy and Jack Conan to start, JVF on the bench, Strauss starting ahead of Tracey. Back 3 of Byrne, Carbery & Isa.
Your omission of the name of the 4th BRower has been duly noted. :wink:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschool wrote:
El Diablo wrote:Dan Leavy and Jack Conan to start, JVF on the bench, Strauss starting ahead of Tracey. Back 3 of Byrne, Carbery & Isa.
Your omission of the name of the 4th BRower has been duly noted. :wink:
or the 5th
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

If that is the team, we certainly can't accuse Leo of not trusting the young guys.
Incredibly youthful side to be starting in a Euro QF. We'll be relying big time on SOB, Toner, Sexton, Strauss and Isa to bring the young lads through.

Personally I really don't like the look of that back three at this stage. We could be playing into their hands.
Happy that Strauss is starting though.