Moderator: moderators

VGE
Graduate

Re: EPCR SEMI-FINAL V CLERMONT

Post by VGE »

You can have a pleasant but not significative look at Grenoble/ASM

http://www.lnr.fr/rugby-top-14/tv-rugby ... -2016-2017

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

VDF has an 80 minute engine on him. Ask SOB to empty the tank and get Leavy on for the last 30?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

VGE wrote:You can have a pleasant but not significative look at Grenoble/ASM

http://www.lnr.fr/rugby-top-14/tv-rugby ... -2016-2017

Au revoir.
Most concerning thing in there is seeing Raka back fit and seemingly back to his explosive condition. I wonder will he come straight in to the side?
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

He should be on the bench, with Strettle and Abendannon on the wings and Spedding as full back I guess.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

VGE wrote:He should be on the bench, with Strettle and Abendannon on the wings and Spedding as full back I guess.

Au revoir.
What would be a good guess at the Clermont starting side VGE?
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Consider the QF vs Toulon:

Spedding ; Nakaitaci, Rougerie, Lamerat, Abendanon ; (o) Lopez, (m) Parra ; Yato, Lee, Chouly (cap) ; Vahaamahina, Iturria ; Zirakashvili, Kayser, Chaume.

Substitutes : Ulugia, Falgoux, Jarvis, Van der Merwe, Cancoriet, Radosavljevic, Fernandez, Penaud.

Nakaitaci out, Strettle in. Maybe Penaud starting? Maybe Jedrasiak in and Van der Merve out , Lapandry in, Cancoriet out.

If Raka in, maybe Fernandez out. Rado can play 9 or 10.

But I'm not a good manager.

Au revoir.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dave Kearney out of the Clermont game. Mike McCarthy out for the rest of the season.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:Dave Kearney out of the Clermont game. Mike McCarthy out for the rest of the season.
Whats up with McCarthy?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Was he ever really fit for us. A really bad signing.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

simonokeeffe wrote:
cormac wrote:Dave Kearney out of the Clermont game. Mike McCarthy out for the rest of the season.
Whats up with McCarthy?
back injury, has had surgery on it
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

According to the ASM-Rugby page on Facebook Vahaamahina, Kayser and Zirakashvili are all doubtful due to knocks they picked up vs Grenoble. Dunno is this info a spoof. Would appreciate, if anyone can confirm.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

riocard911 wrote:According to the ASM-Rugby page on Facebook Vahaamahina, Kayser and Zirakashvili are all doubtful due to knocks they picked up vs Grenoble. Dunno is this info a spoof. Would appreciate, if anyone can confirm.
Zirak and Kayser'did'nt play vs Grenoble after being injuried vs Toulon. Vahaa injuried vs Grenoble but they are all expected to play in Lyon. I hope so anyway. Planté is officially out.

http://www.asm-rugby.com/actus/de-gross ... t-la-demie

Au revoir.
Last edited by VGE on April 17th, 2017, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

VGE wrote:
riocard911 wrote:According to the ASM-Rugby page on Facebook Vahaamahina, Kayser and Zirakashvili are all doubtful due to knocks they picked up vs Grenoble. Dunno is this info a spoof. Would appreciate, if anyone can confirm.
Zirak and Kayser'did'nt play vs Grenoble aft beeing injuried vs Toulon. Vahaa injuried vs Grenoble but they are all expected to play in Lyon. I hope so anyway. Planté is officially out.

http://www.asm-rugby.com/actus/de-gross ... t-la-demie

Au revoir.
Merci beaucoup!
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

wixfjord wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I'd go for the following:
Carbery, MCF, Ringrose, Henshaw, Isa, Sexton, McGrath, Conan, JVDF, SOB, Triggs, Toner, Furlong, Cronin, McGrath

Strauss, Healy, Bent, Ruddock, Leavy, JGP, Byrne, Kirtzner
Couldn't leave Leavy out of team on current form or the impact he has on opponents.
You could say the exact same about VDF though!
It's a complete toss up, and I think Leo will go for Leavy to start, but for me VDF is more physically effective and Leavy has been brilliant coming on, takes great lines when the game opens up etc so for the first 50 or so I'd go VDF.

You could just as easily say that if we're looking to play around them rather than take them on you'd start Leavy. Really it's much of a muchness!

What a crazy position to be in though, serious depth in the squad at the minute.
Funny, I would have them the other way around in my head anyway. Leavy seems more physical to me having played 6 and 8 more frequently, always wriggles and twists well for extra ground when picking from the back of a ruck and his poaching would be better suited to a tight game, whereas VDF is faster, covers more ground and has better hands in wide channels making him more suited to playing around them
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

ChrisUppy wrote:
wixfjord wrote: Funny, I would have them the other way around in my head anyway. Leavy seems more physical to me having played 6 and 8 more frequently, always wriggles and twists well for extra ground when picking from the back of a ruck and his poaching would be better suited to a tight game, whereas VDF is faster, covers more ground and has better hands in wide channels making him more suited to playing around them
Possibly, I'm going a bit on preconceptions from seeing them at test level, where VDF has thrived. He looks like he has really filled out in the last year.
I thought Leavy was a bit physically overwhelmed in his cameo against England, and to my naked eye looks lighter at this stage.
Leavy has picked some lovely lines coming on for us against Mont and Castres away too, which might benefit us as the game wears on. (Albeit so has VDF!)
Again though, it's a very loose preference I have, and I don't particularly mind either way as both guys will be very effective in either role!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Whats up with McCarthy?
back injury, has had surgery on it
Chapeau
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Raydollard wrote:Was he ever really fit for us. A really bad signing.
Yes, he played a lot for 2 1/2 years then got injured for the rest of the season and injured a bit this season with only 12 appearances.

He's done well for us overall.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

With re: injuries, they've replacements for all of those, but if true, with existing injuries it'd put a strain on the squad. Vaha in particular is a player I'd be fearful of.
22dropout
Bookworm

Post by 22dropout »

Just a quick weather update for Sunday. Looks absolutely perfect with 18c & sunny, albeit a small bit of wind but nothing too significant.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Lyon is at an altitude of over 1000ft above sea level, similar to Clerment's home ground.
Could this be a factor towards the end of the game.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.