Leinster vs Glasgow - Friday 28th April - We go again

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster vs Glasgow - Friday 28th April - We go again

Post by curates_egg »

jimbobjoe wrote:
curates_egg wrote:The TG4 Player usually works fine for me with Hola. Much better than the dodgy streams I have to watch some Pro12 games on.
Which browser do you use? I get mixed results with Hola.
Depends. I used to use Chrome but I have found it works better with Firefox lately.
ChrisUppy wrote:
Just a PSA, but I would steer well clear of Hola. It's a potentially very dangerous program to install.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/hola-vpn-security/?tw=dd

Basically it uses your PC as a node to route other peoples internet traffic and sells this service on a seperate site, here https://luminati.io/. This potentially means any illegal (or VERY illegal) activities their paid users are routing through your PC could be traced back to you.
Interesting. Thanks. I've always turned it off as soon as I finish using it, as I figured it was opening me up to something like this.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

simonokeeffe wrote:Interesting call with Daly at 12 but is more balanced IMO
Glasgow with a fairly second choice backline
Swinson at 6 is very odd

15. Tommy Seymour (99)
14. Leonardo Sarto (7)
13. Nick Grigg (19)
12. Sam Johnson (23)
11. Lee Jones (52)
10. Peter Horne (113)
9. Henry Pyrgos (123) CO-CAPTAIN

1. Alex Allan (49)
2. Fraser Brown (62)
3. Sila Puafisi (42)
4. Brian Alainu’uese (15)
5. Jonny Gray (71) CO-CAPTAIN
6. Tim Swinson (94)
7. Chris Fusaro (124)
8. Adam Ashe (37)

Replacements:

16. Pat MacArthur (153)
17. Gordon Reid (112)
18. Zander Fagerson (48)
19. Rob Harley (161)
20. Matt Fagerson (6)
21. Ali Price (40)
22. Finn Russell (62)
23. Alex Dunbar (97)
2nd choice full back but rest of backline is fairly solid.

We are in holiday mode I'd imagine. Despite what anyone says.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

waterboy wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:Delighted to see Ross and Ryan get a proper send off. Can see them both getting hauled ashore at 50 to a rapturous applause.

Likely Jack will only be getting 10 minutes off the bench if even. Serious workload on him.

Can't wait to see how N McCarthy gets on. Should be getting reasonable quality ball behind that pack. I think with good ball that backline can do some serious damage.

Has Molony captained the side yet? Presumably he is the lineout caller too. Hopefully we get that right

EDIT: Forgot it was Zanes last home game too :oops:
Is Ryan definitely off?
Yes.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Interested to see how Daly goes but I'd definitely have played Noel, he's been good all season and deserves his place.

Also looking forward to seeing McCarthy but I wouldn't be as confident about the pack as someone suggested above. Josh is the only top class international there. Lots of talent alright but I'd be more comfortable with one or two more first choice players.

Molony an interesting choice of captain as well, a nice reward for his recent form.

Hope we put in a big performance for Rossy anyway. I'd expect another big one from him given the occasion and how he played against Connacht. Funny selection from Glasgow too, looking forward to it but don't have any big expectations about the performance.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

hugonaut wrote:

A five day turnaround is a difficult task - combine it with a really tough game, emotional comedown and travel and you have another three big factors coming into play. We've already secured a home semi-final so this is a free hit-out

I thought the team who won in Connacht performed brilliantly, and would try to stick as close to that selection as possible, whilst taking into account the effects of the Clermont game. Thus.......

Forwards [1-8]: Dooley, Tracy, Ross, Molony, M. Kearney, Ryan, van der Flier, Timmins
Backs [9-15]: N. McCarthy, R. Byrne, B. Daly, Reid, O'Loughlin, A. Byrne, Kirchner
Subs [16:23]: Cronin, E. Byrne, Bent, Nagle, Deegan/Josh Murphy, Gibson-Park, T. Daly, C.O'Brien/Larmour
Fairly accurate call @Hugonaut. Good-bye appearances by Kirchner, Ryan and Ross. Three internationals who have seen very different profiles in Leinster and internationally over their Leinster careers. Ryan captained Irish Development Squad to win European Nations Cup in Romania (2013) whilst Kirchner played in thatgreat game against NZ in Hong Kong. Meanwhile Rossy just grew and grew in stature.

Good luck to them all.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

kermischocolate wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Interesting call with Daly at 12 but is more balanced IMO
Glasgow with a fairly second choice backline
Swinson at 6 is very odd

15. Tommy Seymour (99)
14. Leonardo Sarto (7)
13. Nick Grigg (19)
12. Sam Johnson (23)
11. Lee Jones (52)
10. Peter Horne (113)
9. Henry Pyrgos (123) CO-CAPTAIN

1. Alex Allan (49)
2. Fraser Brown (62)
3. Sila Puafisi (42)
4. Brian Alainu’uese (15)
5. Jonny Gray (71) CO-CAPTAIN
6. Tim Swinson (94)
7. Chris Fusaro (124)
8. Adam Ashe (37)

Replacements:

16. Pat MacArthur (153)
17. Gordon Reid (112)
18. Zander Fagerson (48)
19. Rob Harley (161)
20. Matt Fagerson (6)
21. Ali Price (40)
22. Finn Russell (62)
23. Alex Dunbar (97)
2nd choice full back but rest of backline is fairly solid.

We are in holiday mode I'd imagine. Despite what anyone says.
Bar Seymour and Horne both being out of position strikes me as a second choice backline
I dont get playing a lock at 6 for first time since who knows when when Harley is on bench
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

I was quite happy with Molonys two most recent cameos. For a while this season he's looked somewhat hesitant in his play, as if he was overthinking everything, which was leading to handling errors and missed tackles. Maybe some of this was down to the time he was spending bulking (rather than practicing skills) and then adjusting to the extra weight, but it looked to me like he just needed to simplify his game and "destroy and enjoy" (in the words of Andy Farrell). Whatever the reason, he's seemed much improved of late so I'll be watching him specifically in this game.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

I think people forget that Molony is still only a baby for a lock.. doesn't turn 23 until May.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:I think people forget that Molony is still only a baby for a lock.. doesn't turn 23 until May.
I don't think anyone forgets that. Not on this forum anyway.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Leavy in for Conan who has calf ouch. Timmons on the bench
I have Bumbleflex
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

not enough ball carriers in that backrow.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Dave Cahill wrote:Leavy in for Conan who has calf ouch. Timmons on the bench
Not hard to imagine Fardy getting backrow starts next year when you see things like this happening.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

CiaranIrl wrote:
Not hard to imagine Fardy getting backrow starts next year when you see things like this happening.
you'd hope not.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

CiaranIrl wrote:
If it does happen I can't see it being a regular occurence. We're far lighter in the second row than we are with flankers.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

jimbobjoe wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:
If it does happen I can't see it being a regular occurence. We're far lighter in the second row than we are with flankers.
Yeah, but backrow can be injury prone. Conan, Heaslip, O'Brien, Jordi Murphy & Deegan all with a sick note. I'd rather Leavy not have to play again 5 days after such a massively physical game.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Deegan is healthy.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

CiaranIrl wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:Not hard to imagine Fardy getting backrow starts next year when you see things like this happening.
Yeah, but backrow can be injury prone. Conan, Heaslip, O'Brien, Jordi Murphy & Deegan all with a sick note. I'd rather Leavy not have to play again 5 days after such a massively physical game.
In which case, if Fardy was here right now, you'd also want him rested after having presumably played the same game 5 days earlier?

There's still Deegan, J.Murphy and Connors to be called on from the academy even with the number of absentees at the moment
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

So close, but ultimately too far.

Leinster went out of Europe on their shields last week in Lyon. After an awful start when they trailed by fifteen points, they nearly completed another historic comeback with a fantastic second half display. It would have been interesting to see how Clermont would have reacted if Dan Leavy's try had stood but ultimately it wasn't to be. But you can't gift your opponents a fifteen point start at this level. A couple of things that Leinster got away with against Wasps came back to haunt them. The lineout, which has been dodgy all season at key moments if we're honest, conceded momentum to Clermont early and the lack of genuine pace on the wings was also ruthlessly exposed. Leinster know these are areas that have to be improved and with the signings of Scott Fardy and James Lowe, these areas are already being addressed for next season. The experience will also stand to the younger members of the team.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Conan seems to get a lot of lower leg injuries.

Maybe Timmins coming straight into the starting team would have been better
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

The calf thing seems to be a niggle but they/he dont want to take rest of season off or a big chunk in middle of season

Sure form Leavy is in no8 wont be a bother to him, itll like Pocock & Hooper with him and JVDF
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon