A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Rory O' Loughlin

Post by simonokeeffe »

ChrisUppy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:I need to watch the playback but did RO'L cross the line for his first try with Stander and Copeland hanging off him? Superb! :happy clapper:
His best performance ever today?
Of the season so far by leagues
It might seem a bit harsh (as he did score all our tries today) - but I didn't think he played well. His first try was brilliant. Showed he's a natural finisher with the hickie-esque spin nice determination and awareness to get the ball down and his defense was good today, maybe thanks to Henshaw inside him. But there were a couple of times I thought he lacked the distribution (or maybe it was awareness) to get the ball outside him when there were better options. Added to that, 5 handling errors which is just not good enough.
For my mind he's shown his best performances on the wing, where his finishing ability really shines.
when I watched it again after I got in from the game yeah the handling was an issue

our reserve back corps is in an annoying middle ground between dependable and problematic
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Much improved in D.

Without meaning to be too harsh Reid but ROL looked much better when he was trusting his inside man to make the hit.

There were 3 instances where he really should have caught the ball because we were dangerous and there were options.

Hats off to a phenomenal catch from a Jack McGrath hospital pass because if that didn't go to hand Munster had 3 men over and a breakout try was on. He'd make a good lineout option based solely off that take
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I'd like to see ROL start to get gametime on the left wing again if/when Lowe is away with Ireland - especially with JOB showing well at 13 and Gavin Mullin supposedly highly rated. From the looks of it, they have Kelleher pegged for that role, but, personally, I prefer O'Loughlin. We need to see more of this stuff:

He might need to re-condition himself a bit and do more speed work if he was going to play more on the wing. I was a bit surprised that he wasn't able to get away and score when he got the ball just after Tomane intercepted against Edinburgh earlier in the season.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Kelleher has been really good this year in fairness, albeit at a lower level than ROL has shown.
His acceleration in the first 5 yards is probably unmatched in the squad.

I think with Ferg potentially retiring and Tomane maybe off too ROL has a huge role to play as a Pro14 leader (in a similar mould to Molony).

He has a bit of bite to him that Ferg has and can play multiple positions. Could be a useful 23 for us.