Tadhg Beirne

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blueberry
Mullet

Tadhg Beirne

Post by Blueberry »

How do we go about getting this fella back in the RDS - was my MOTM v Munster today....outstanding performance................. ??

He has another year with the Scarlets yes ? Could we please get on the blower to him now for the season after and eat humble pie !!

P.S How did we let this one get away........... not exactly flush in the Row are we...........
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Tadhg Beirne

Post by simonokeeffe »

Blueberry wrote:How do we go about getting this fella back in the RDS - was my MOTM v Munster today....outstanding performance................. ??

He has another year with the Scarlets yes ? Could we please get on the blower to him now for the season after and eat humble pie !!

P.S How did we let this one get away........... not exactly flush in the Row are we...........
Year left and I dare say IRFU will be keen to get him back

He missed nearly all of academy years 2 and 3 with injury and was 6th or 7th in the queue here

Hes one of these guys who has flourished with gametime but we can only field so many
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Can provinces bid against each other for the signing of an IQ player or how does it work? I can imagine that all the other provinces would be in for him as well.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Considering our historical problems at second row, if Leinster don't bring him home year for 2018-2019 (assuming he stays relatively injury free) there need to be some serious questions asked. We produce good second rows once in a blue moon so they need to be cherished.

Totally understand he had his injury problems and as such was well down the pecking order but he has shown this year he is a very capable player with serious potential and he needs to be treated accordingly.

Leo get on the phone !!!!!!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

He's a good player and I like his style but his try was uncharacteristic. He's fitting well into Scarlets team and has hit form but I'm mindful of the way Copeland reverted to ordinary when he moved to Munster.

It's natural to overreact. Leinster will have Fardy, Ryan, Toner, Molony which could be tricky to break into. Kearney and Nagle have both shown talent when they get a run of games without injury.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sunshiner1 wrote:Can provinces bid against each other for the signing of an IQ player or how does it work? I can imagine that all the other provinces would be in for him as well.
afaik yes
They just cant outbid on players contracted to each other

If 2 of Ryan/Molony/Nagle/Kearney dont have a breakthrough season (well first 3 months) we should sign him and he should take it
Also lure of playing for Ireland in a position thats relatively open
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ronk wrote:He's a good player and I like his style but his try was uncharacteristic. He's fitting well into Scarlets team and has hit form but I'm mindful of the way Copeland reverted to ordinary when he moved to Munster.

It's natural to overreact. Leinster will have Fardy, Ryan, Toner, Molony which could be tricky to break into. Kearney and Nagle have both shown talent when they get a run of games without injury.
Yeah but Beirne is only 24. He's physical and mobile (think he played for Ireland 7's) and the IRFU will want to get him back home in a problem position for us - especially given the recent departure of POC and now Ryan. If we don't get him they should look to get him to Ulster, the possibility of him working on development with Gibbes would be amazing for Ireland.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Why would he bother to return. His stock is rising and he will no doubt get a big pay rise anyway.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Raydollard wrote:Why would he bother to return. His stock is rising and he will no doubt get a big pay rise anyway.
The lure of playing for Ireland
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Laighin Break wrote:
Raydollard wrote:Why would he bother to return. His stock is rising and he will no doubt get a big pay rise anyway.
He mentioned that in an interview.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Not amazed that the concept of friends and family is lost on you.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

One for sorrow, two for joy...
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Scarlets aren't exactly flush with cash.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

cormac wrote:
Scarlets aren't exactly flush with cash.
Now that they are effectively trading their playing stock they could be.Image
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Laighin Break wrote:
Yep, he won't look at any of the current crop with no belief that he couldn't get himself in the frame.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:
Yep, he won't look at any of the current crop with no belief that he couldn't get himself in the frame.
Wow. A triple negative. That'll take a while to figure out.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

ronk wrote:He's a good player and I like his style but his try was uncharacteristic. He's fitting well into Scarlets team and has hit form but I'm mindful of the way Copeland reverted to ordinary when he moved to Munster.

Copeland didn't come with the same rep though. Many Cardiff fans considered him a bit of a highlight reel player. But like Copeland he could earn more here than in Wales. If he has big start to next season I'd expect us and Munster to have a serious look at signing him.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

paddyor wrote:

Copeland didn't come with the same rep though. Many Cardiff fans considered him a bit of a highlight reel player. But like Copeland he could earn more here than in Wales. If he has big start to next season I'd expect us and Munster to have a serious look at signing him.
Copeland's rep was good - but in a blues teams that were not. Beirne is now a Pro 12 champion, with a good age profile and playing in a position which could lead to a heap of international caps.

I think its very important for the IRFU to get him back. There are only so many squad places for academy players to graduate to. It will show that if player fails to develop due to injury, lack of opportunity or just age & maturity, that they can gain overseas experience and their achievements and improvement will still be rewarded.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Teams aren't going to give fringe players chances if they can't get enough out of them.

Irish rugby has benefited from players kicking on after a move. Eoin Reddan, Tommy Bowe and Mike Ross being prime examples. But they all stayed long enough where they were that they consolidated their form and rewarded the team that improved them.

This isn't a moral thing, it's about understanding that there needs to be something in it for teams that take chances, a long term view.

If we are aggressive in kicking players out before the've had a chance and overly aggressive in bringing them back at the expense of developing our own players then we will be storing up problems.

Try to bring back Beirne sure, but not at any cost (as some appear to suggest). If he continues to do well and becomes strategic for the international team then do something more.

I think he's better off in Scarlets than fighting for squad time ahead of M Kearney and Nagle.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

ronk wrote:Teams aren't going to give fringe players chances if they can't get enough out of them.

Irish rugby has benefited from players kicking on after a move. Eoin Reddan, Tommy Bowe and Mike Ross being prime examples. But they all stayed long enough where they were that they consolidated their form and rewarded the team that improved them.

This isn't a moral thing, it's about understanding that there needs to be something in it for teams that take chances, a long term view.

If we are aggressive in kicking players out before the've had a chance and overly aggressive in bringing them back at the expense of developing our own players then we will be storing up problems.

Try to bring back Beirne sure, but not at any cost (as some appear to suggest). If he continues to do well and becomes strategic for the international team then do something more.

I think he's better off in Scarlets than fighting for squad time ahead of M Kearney and Nagle.
He is a lot better than Nagle or Kearney.