Academy 2017/2018

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 20th, 2017, 11:57 am

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
rdsblue wrote:What has happened to David O'Connor? Has he been summarily dumped by Leinster? I wonder will Ulster go after him given the success they've had with his brother Alan.



Have heard he is no longer going down the pro rugby route


makes sense.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby Armchair » July 21st, 2017, 8:55 am

mildlyinterested wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:
rdsblue wrote:What has happened to David O'Connor? Has he been summarily dumped by Leinster? I wonder will Ulster go after him given the success they've had with his brother Alan.



Have heard he is no longer going down the pro rugby route


makes sense.


Only one interpro this year against Ulster and an away trip to England or France so no real under 20s again and sub academy smaller than usual. 2nd choice players dropping out after academy spots given to lads straight out of school and being announced pre summer rather than the end as they have no chane in getting in as choice already made.
User avatar
Armchair
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 21st, 2017, 8:58 am

Armchair wrote:
Only one interpro this year against Ulster and an away trip to England or France so no real under 20s again and sub academy smaller than usual. 2nd choice players dropping out after academy spots given to lads straight out of school and being announced pre summer rather than the end as they have no chane in getting in as choice already made.


What about Munster?

I assume you mean sub academy spots? Can you give an example of which players are dropping out?

TBH the 2nd choice lads are probably better off just focusing on their club rugby given the state of things.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby Armchair » July 21st, 2017, 9:39 am

mildlyinterested wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Only one interpro this year against Ulster and an away trip to England or France so no real under 20s again and sub academy smaller than usual. 2nd choice players dropping out after academy spots given to lads straight out of school and being announced pre summer rather than the end as they have no chane in getting in as choice already made.


What about Munster?

I assume you mean sub academy spots? Can you give an example of which players are dropping out?

TBH the 2nd choice lads are probably better off just focusing on their club rugby given the state of things.


No Munster or Connacht 20s from what I have heard and no game scheduled with them props and half backs amongst others I heard left after been in camp initially
User avatar
Armchair
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 21st, 2017, 9:46 am

Armchair wrote:
No Munster or Connacht 20s from what I have heard and no game scheduled with them props and half backs amongst others I heard left after been in camp initially


Disappointing, don't see why Kenny/Patterson wouldn't be given sub academy places if that's what you are saying happened.

Both are very good prospects at 9.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 21st, 2017, 3:20 pm

Extended u19 training squad:

Props
Michael Milne(CC Roscrea)
Daragh Bolger(Clontarf RFC)
Jonny Bell(Belvedere College)
Conan Dunne(Kilkenny College)
Aziz Naser(Suttonians RFC)
Michael Gleeson(Gonzaga College)

Hooker
Sean Molony(Blackrock College)
Declan Adamson(Clontarf RFC)
Richie Bergin(St. Marys College)
Aleksa Mitic(Mullingar RFC)

Lock
Ryan Baird(St. Michaels College)
Robbie Kidney(Gonzaga College)
Adam Melia(Terenure College)
Liam Corcoran(St. Marys College)
Darragh Murphy(Tullow RFC)
Grellan Murray(Belvedere College)

Backrow
Ruadhan Byron(Belvedere College)
Alan Francis(Blackrock College)
Martin Moloney(Athy RFC)
Dan O'Donovan(St. Micheals College)
Scott Penny(St. Michaels College)
Reuben Pim(Kilkenny College)
Ronan Watters(St. Marys College)

Scrumhalf
Cormac Foley(Gonzaga College)
Garrett Fitzgerald(Tullow RFC)
Peter O'Beirne(St. Michaels College)
Elliott Ryan(Pres Bray)

Outhalf
David Hawkshaw(Belvedere College)
Conor Kelly(CC Roscrea)
Hugo Lennox(Skerries RFC)
David Moran(St. Michaels College)

Centre
David Ryan(St. Michaels College)
Eoin Barr(Gonzaga College)
Brian O'Donnell(Gonzaga College)
Dominic Henry Hayes(Terenure College)
Frankie O'Dea(Clontarf RFC)
Myles Carey(St. Marys College)

Back Three
Liam Turner(Blackrock College)
Sam Barry(Belvedere College)
Darragh Kelly(Suttonians RFC)
Adam La Grue(Terenure College)
Jeff O'Loughlin(St. Michaels College)
Ruairi Shields(St. Marys College)
Sean Galvin(Gonzaga College)
Rob Russell(St.Michaels College)
Jordan Wilkes(Belvedere College)
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 26th, 2017, 8:16 am

Leinster Schools played a US side yesterday in Donnybrook, in a 60 minute game they won 33-9.

Game can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUJcD0vEXb8
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 26th, 2017, 3:52 pm

4 ex-Leinster underage players in Ulster Academy:
Eric O'Sullivan(1995/LH Prop)
Jack Regan(1997/Lock)
Nick Timoney(1995/Backrow)
Greg Jones(1995/Backrow)

3 ex- Leinster underage players in Munster Academy:
JP Phelan(1995/TH Prop)
Jack Power(1996/Fullback)
Alan Tynan(1997/Fullback-Outhalf)
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 27th, 2017, 2:32 pm

http://community.connachtrugby.ie/wp-co ... 017-18.pdf

This would suggest connacht are fielding an u20 side.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 28th, 2017, 12:14 pm

I think there a are 6 ex-leinster underage club players in irish academies, plus 1 in an english one.

Jack Aungier(Leinster/TH Prop)
Tadgh McElroy(Saracens/Hooker)
Jack Regan(Ulster/Lock)
Sean Masterson(Connacht/Backrow)
Paul Boyle(Connacht/Backrow)
Ciaran Frawley(Leinster/Outhalf-Centre)
Conor O'Brien(Leinster/Centre)
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby scentofgunpowder » July 28th, 2017, 12:54 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:I think there a are 6 ex-leinster underage club players in irish academies, plus 1 in an english one.

Jack Aungier(Leinster/TH Prop)
Tadgh McElroy(Saracens/Hooker)
Jack Regan(Ulster/Lock)
Sean Masterson(Connacht/Backrow)
Paul Boyle(Connacht/Backrow)
Ciaran Frawley(Leinster/Outhalf-Centre)
Conor O'Brien(Leinster/Centre)


Is Paul Boyle being in the Connacht academy confirmed? Makes sense, I hope we at least make a play for David McCarthy as well.
scentofgunpowder
Learner
 
Posts: 78
Joined: April 15th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 28th, 2017, 1:14 pm

scentofgunpowder wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:I think there a are 6 ex-leinster underage club players in irish academies, plus 1 in an english one.

Jack Aungier(Leinster/TH Prop)
Tadgh McElroy(Saracens/Hooker)
Jack Regan(Ulster/Lock)
Sean Masterson(Connacht/Backrow)
Paul Boyle(Connacht/Backrow)
Ciaran Frawley(Leinster/Outhalf-Centre)
Conor O'Brien(Leinster/Centre)


Is Paul Boyle being in the Connacht academy confirmed? Makes sense, I hope we at least make a play for David McCarthy as well.


Yeah, McCarthy is still with Munster.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby scentofgunpowder » July 28th, 2017, 1:20 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
scentofgunpowder wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:I think there a are 6 ex-leinster underage club players in irish academies, plus 1 in an english one.

Jack Aungier(Leinster/TH Prop)
Tadgh McElroy(Saracens/Hooker)
Jack Regan(Ulster/Lock)
Sean Masterson(Connacht/Backrow)
Paul Boyle(Connacht/Backrow)
Ciaran Frawley(Leinster/Outhalf-Centre)
Conor O'Brien(Leinster/Centre)


Is Paul Boyle being in the Connacht academy confirmed? Makes sense, I hope we at least make a play for David McCarthy as well.


Yeah, McCarthy is still with Munster.


Shame thought he could have been tempted by a full academy place, thanks.
scentofgunpowder
Learner
 
Posts: 78
Joined: April 15th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » July 28th, 2017, 1:44 pm

scentofgunpowder wrote:
Shame thought he could have been tempted by a full academy place, thanks.


He was u19 this season, very much in view for a full academy place next summer.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby scentofgunpowder » July 28th, 2017, 1:52 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
scentofgunpowder wrote:
Shame thought he could have been tempted by a full academy place, thanks.


He was u19 this season, very much in view for a full academy place next summer.


Yeah I know, just thought maybe the reassurance of having a guaranteed contract could be a factor. He looks tidy alright, thought he was one of the most impressive performers in the World Cup.
scentofgunpowder
Learner
 
Posts: 78
Joined: April 15th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » August 1st, 2017, 9:07 am

James Kenny, Ireland u19 scrumhalf out with injury.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » August 1st, 2017, 12:50 pm

mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby Peg Leg » August 1st, 2017, 1:12 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDVVLR2mfMA

Salty Thompson?
That name is crying out for a life of sea piracy!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 7966
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby mildlyinterested » August 1st, 2017, 2:11 pm

Academy players spotted at open training: Josh Murphy, Charlie Rock, Jeremy Loughman, Oisin Heffernan, Jimmy O'Brien, Jordan Larmour, Will Connors, Oisin Dowling, Hugo Keenan, Ian Fitzpatrick.
mildlyinterested
Graduate
 
Posts: 528
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Academy 2017/2018

Postby concfc55 » August 3rd, 2017, 11:55 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDVVLR2mfMA

Anyone know any of the players in the squad?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
concfc55
 
Posts: 4
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 2:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Jcahill1 and 11 guests