Pre-season friendlies

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by the spoofer »

I would have thought that we would have got a highlights package at this stage.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

the spoofer wrote:I would have thought that we would have got a highlights package at this stage.
took them several days post perpignan game.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Yeah, like what's the story? It's surely not that difficult to edit a couple of tries together and upload them onto the net.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Leinster didnt have anyone in Perpignan to film it, that footage came from Perpignan.

The less footage there is of Larmour, Isa at 12, Rob's lines out wide, our defensive set up with Rock covering behind etc etc the better IMO. Good crowd at it and ticket were cheap, hopefully it'll be the same again this Friday.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I'll reiterate what I said before.

I was delighted to see this game was held in Marys but think all pre season friendlies and A games should be at club grounds to build the relationship between clubs and province.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

the spoofer wrote:I'll reiterate what I said before.

I was delighted to see this game was held in Marys but think all pre season friendlies and A games should be at club grounds to build the relationship between clubs and province.
Aside from a couple of games in Tallaght, have any other pre-season matches not been held at a club ground?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

cormac wrote:
the spoofer wrote:I'll reiterate what I said before.

Aside from a couple of games in Tallaght, have any other pre-season matches not been held at a club ground?
Yes, Navan last year, very succesful. I'd say more in attendance than St Mary's last Friday, also a good day as the players went around the field at full time for photo oppertunities and autographs. Players were on the field for 1.5 2hrs doing this, fans and players really enjoyed it.

Also recent open training sessions in Naas, Arklow, Wicklow RFC and greystones to name but a few.

Leinster A games should be in Donnybrook, they need to win, they need a base and in the mind of the clubs 'A' sides are replacing the clubs pushing them further down the food chain, having the punters go to an 'A' game rather than perhaps a senior club game might push them over the edge.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

One measly try amongst two and half minutes of "atmospherics"? Pathetic. Leinster Rugby taking the piss out fans, who couldn't get to Mary's on Friday night, IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWmkCZnEJI
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

riocard911 wrote:One measly try amongst two and half minutes of "atmospherics"? Pathetic. Leinster Rugby taking the piss out fans, who couldn't get to Mary's on Friday night, IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWmkCZnEJI

Ah relax, I'd say there'll be a full highlights video coming soon.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

wixfjord wrote:
riocard911 wrote:One measly try amongst two and half minutes of "atmospherics"? Pathetic. Leinster Rugby taking the piss out fans, who couldn't get to Mary's on Friday night, IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWmkCZnEJI

Ah relax, I'd say there'll be a full highlights video coming soon.
That looks like it was made by a TY student full of Red Bull or Monster.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

They've commented in reply to someone saying that there will be full highlights.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

limecat wrote:They've commented in reply to someone saying that there will be full highlights.
Thanks, Limecat. In light of this latest development I retract my previous intemperate comments completely!! COYBIB!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Degz wrote:Perpignan beat Bayonne 66-6 on the weekend, by the way. Puts our result out there into a bit of context
Very valid comment. Read a match report in Sud Ouest and it said that Perpignan looked superb and had benefited from their pre-season preparation against top class opponents.

Ten tries to zero and eight of them scored in first 57 mins. They are obviously now top of the Pro D2 with that start and players and coaches indicated that was the whole point of their pre-season, which started on June 19th -exactly five weeks after they knew they would not qualify for final barrage in Pro D2.

This result certainly tempers my disappointment and comments post our defeat in Perpignan. I was also significantly relieved at the quality of the performance and, obviously, the result against Gloucester on Friday night.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Highlights of Perpignan game went up last Tuesday, so hopefully we'll get highlights from the Gloucester game today.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Given irish players are in camp, i'd expect another "weakened" side for the last friendly.
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

Surely James Ryan can get a start despite the fact he toured in the summer? He didn't play last season!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leinster Lout wrote:Surely James Ryan can get a start despite the fact he toured in the summer? He didn't play last season!
depends if he was in ireland camp or not would be my guess.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its a key part of Joe Schmidt's strategy that our players play as little rugby as possible so that when they do play they get injured which allows them to rest.
I have Bumbleflex
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

:roll:
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote:Given irish players are in camp, i'd expect another "weakened" side for the last friendly.
Surely Irish Camp is a two-day max event. Now is primetime Provincial prep for Pro14 competition.