Robbie Henshaw
Jordan Larmour
Isa Nacewa
No Jamie Heaslip.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster European Squad 2017/2018

Post by Peg Leg »

I assume we are unable to register J-Lowe?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Peg Leg wrote:I assume we are unable to register J-Lowe?
Will register him when he arrives, no point when he isn't here.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Anyone know how many changes can be made during the group stages and when? I think one of the permitted changes has to be a front rower.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Good to see Rob Kearney made the cut. Hopefully his injury worries are coming to an end!!!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

riocard911 wrote:Good to see Rob Kearney made the cut. Hopefully his injury worries are coming to an end!!!
Realistically they aren't, in the luke fitz territory now.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on September 27th, 2017, 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Good to see Rob Kearney made the cut. Hopefully his injury worries are coming to an end!!!
They aren't.
Jesus that sounds like a threat :lol: :lol:
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
They aren't.
Jesus that sounds like a threat :lol: :lol:
I was very impressed with how he countered and got the ball to Josh for Dalys third try. If Rob got that ball, it would never have happened IMO but I don't think I feel that strongly about it.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Realistically they aren't, in the luke fitz territory now.
That's what my head says too. My heart though wants to see him enjoy a return to form and finish his career on a high!!!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:No Jamie Heaslip.
He's really going out of his way to try and convince Paul Kimmage and the British press over his fake injury.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

curates_egg wrote:
He's really going out of his way to try and convince Paul Kimmage and the British press over his fake injury.
Thankfully Kimmage is on a GAA crusade now
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Thankfully Kimmage is on a GAA crusade now
He is on Luke Fitz' podcast this evening, and will definitely talk about doping in rugby...which is something I think he is right to raise.
His problem is that he makes an arse out himself on one of every two issues he raises - like Heaslip faking his injury.
Last edited by curates_egg on September 27th, 2017, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

I make it 7 players in that squad that are currently injured.
11 or 12 that will be managed by the IRFU during the January games.
Not ideal.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: Thankfully Kimmage is on a GAA crusade now
He was having quite a rant on TodayFM the other day about RWC2023 and all the promotional work being put into it. He didn't seem to think it should be needed. Maybe he's right.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

jimbobjoe wrote:Anyone know how many changes can be made during the group stages and when? I think one of the permitted changes has to be a front rower.
from http://epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/rules.php

3.4 In order to reduce the possibility of uncontested scrums, each club may also nominate further front row players, referred to as Emergency Front Row players, who may be registered with EPCR on a match-by-match basis provided that all necessary details of the players have been submitted before 12 noon (GMT) on 22 September 2016. The provision for the nomination of Emergency Front Row players is not intended to allow clubs to improve the quality of their squads, and is designed to cater for illness and/or injury in the relevant positions. The players added to squads will typically come from a club's academy or similar.

3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.

3.6 Each club involved in the knockout stage may register up to three further players. If a club registers three further players, one such player must be a front row player. Such registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on 16 March 2017. The players in question must not have played for another club in the tournament.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Tom Daly, Heaslip, Nagle and Timmins are the senior squad players currently on our books not included. Larmour only academy player in the 41 named.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

curates_egg wrote:
He is on Luke Fitz' podcast this evening, and will definitely talk about doping in rugby...which is something I think he is right to raise.
His problem is that he makes an arse out himself on one of every two issues he raises - like Heaslip faking his injury.
Very off topic so my apologies. But I watched the Lance Armstrong Netflix doc. Interesting watch, but there is a tense scene between the 2 of them at a press conference. There was Armstrong, a truly spiteful character who would do any horrible trick to win and ruin as many reputations as it took.

The other side was Paul Kimmage.

I genuinely found it difficult to pick a side.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

cormac wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:Anyone know how many changes can be made during the group stages and when? I think one of the permitted changes has to be a front rower.
from http://epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/rules.php

3.4 In order to reduce the possibility of uncontested scrums, each club may also nominate further front row players, referred to as Emergency Front Row players, who may be registered with EPCR on a match-by-match basis provided that all necessary details of the players have been submitted before 12 noon (GMT) on 22 September 2016. The provision for the nomination of Emergency Front Row players is not intended to allow clubs to improve the quality of their squads, and is designed to cater for illness and/or injury in the relevant positions. The players added to squads will typically come from a club's academy or similar.

3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.

3.6 Each club involved in the knockout stage may register up to three further players. If a club registers three further players, one such player must be a front row player. Such registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on 16 March 2017. The players in question must not have played for another club in the tournament.
Thanks Cormac!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

cormac wrote:Tom Daly, Heaslip, Nagle and Timmins are the senior squad players currently on our books not included. Larmour only academy player in the 41 named.
And Michael Bent
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Xanthippe wrote:
cormac wrote:Tom Daly, Heaslip, Nagle and Timmins are the senior squad players currently on our books not included. Larmour only academy player in the 41 named.
And Michael Bent
Bent is named, you gave me a fright
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon