Sat 7th October 2pm Leinster v Munster (Aviva Stadium)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Sat 7th October 2pm Leinster v Munster (Aviva Stadium)

Post by simonokeeffe »

curates_egg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Leavy the other one man liftable backrower but thats academic

Jordi, like most facets, is good in lineout but doesnt get credit. His turnovet count seems up this year too

I reckon scrums will only get interesting when subs start to come on
Certainly not in all games this season it hasn't! That said, our first choice scrum only finally played last weekend for the first time.
From the little I have seen of it, the Munster scrum has been very strong this season. Ryan is really strong. Kilcoyne is a master of illegal scrummaging and boring - he has caused us trouble before when refs have let him get away with it. A lot will be down to the ref.
Youre right on Killer
As I alluded too I reckon the scrums will be even/stable until either side makes subs; Munsters sub props arent as good by a long way so our starters would or should mince them
If we bring ours on first Bent v Killer could be penalty roulette
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

wixfjord wrote:
Gearzbox2 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Whatever about lineout, I'm interested to see how our pack goes given the front five they'll probably be playing.

McGrath, Cronin, Furlong, Fardy, Toner,
Healy, Tracy, Bent, Molony

versus

Kilcyone, Scannell, Ryan, Flanagan/Copeland, Holland
O’Connor, Marshall, Archer, Flanagan/Copeland

looks like a fair advantage for us on paper.

Only place I'd have them better is hooker.
Lot of people on here like yourself seem to forget how good our hookers can be...Tracy had 2/3 crucial turnovers at the breakdown for us against cheetahs when we were under serious pressure while Cronin had a fine game last weekend, one great line break when we needed it and a crucial try against Cardiff...
maybe the lineout malfunction last week was a collective which it seemed to me...missed lifts, jumpers running into each other and poor calling, not always the hooker
Some people on here don't have a clue
You're dead right dude.
Means a lot coming from you!!!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

curates_egg wrote:
offshorerules wrote:I know they're missing Taute but I think their remaining midfield is better than ours. Often decisive.
In theory, Henshaw should be the best centre on the pitch. I know we haven't seen much of him at his best with Leinster. But, in theory, a combo of Isa-Henshaw is surely better than Scannell/Hanrahan-Farrell? I also know ROL has looked pretty poor this season but he looked good at times last season (also outside Henshaw could make a difference). Would a Henshaw-ROL combo really be worse than the Munster option?
I take it all back. Keith Wood said on OTB last night that Scannell is All Black quality. If he said it, it must be true.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

curates_egg wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
offshorerules wrote:I know they're missing Taute but I think their remaining midfield is better than ours. Often decisive.
In theory, Henshaw should be the best centre on the pitch. I know we haven't seen much of him at his best with Leinster. But, in theory, a combo of Isa-Henshaw is surely better than Scannell/Hanrahan-Farrell? I also know ROL has looked pretty poor this season but he looked good at times last season (also outside Henshaw could make a difference). Would a Henshaw-ROL combo really be worse than the Munster option?
I take it all back. Keith Wood said on OTB last night that Scannell is All Black quality. If he said it, it must be true.
Hes lining up the Aki shouldnt play for Ireland line or isnt aware hes eligible
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Seeing as he is not a Munster player, Wood may not be aware of Aki
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote:
curates_egg wrote: I take it all back. Keith Wood said on OTB last night that Scannell is All Black quality. If he said it, it must be true.
Ah now, he didn't really say that.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
curates_egg wrote: I take it all back. Keith Wood said on OTB last night that Scannell is All Black quality. If he said it, it must be true.
Ah now, he didn't really say that.
Wood might have a point.
After all we beat the abs recently so while Scannell might make the abs team, he might not be good enough for Ireland.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Scannell, Mike Sherry, Duncan Casey, Rhys Marshall is better than Cronin, Strauss, Tracy, Byrne on the evidence of recent games. I still prefer Cronin to Scannell though.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Scannell/Marshall are much better Leinster's options other than Cronin.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

olaf the fat wrote:Seeing as he is not a Munster player, Wood may not be aware of Aki
Was thinking that myself :lol:

Scannell the hooker could well be starting for Ireland in November with Bests injury. Backup hooker becomes a big call with Cronin v Tracy v McCartney
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

From the Leinster site.
No bags (with the exception of small handbags) will be allowed into Aviva Stadium this Saturday for Leinster Rugby’s Guinness PRO14 game against Munster Rugby.
Handbags will be subject to search.
Further information of the Aviva Stadium ground regulations are available on the stadium website here.
Over 45,000 tickets have been sold for Leinster v Munster, with remaining tickets available from Ticketmaster.
A small number of restricted view seats are now available to purchase, with prices starting from as little as €17.50.
Limited places are still available at the Blue Room, Leinster Rugby’s exclusive hospitality area, which includes a Q&A with players, a free drink and free match programme. Purchase your place now for just €18.
Since us ladies only have small handbags anyways, we'll be grand.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I'd imagine a lot of Season Ticket holders added this game as their "Free" ticket option. That could mean as many as 10,000 of those 45,000 tickets are not additional revenue.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

the spoofer wrote:I'd imagine a lot of Season Ticket holders added this game as their "Free" ticket option. That could mean as many as 10,000 of those 45,000 tickets are not additional revenue.
What?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

paddyor wrote:
the spoofer wrote:I'd imagine a lot of Season Ticket holders added this game as their "Free" ticket option. That could mean as many as 10,000 of those 45,000 tickets are not additional revenue.
What?
Due to 1 less game all season ticket holders have been given a free ticket to the pro 14 game of their choice. The problem with it if your seat is allocated in RDS you cant get one beside you. Not sure how easy it was to get one near you in Aviva.

Personally I would have liked them to include the offer of a free ticket to a knock out game if we have a home one, a gamble but nice option
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I don't think that could happen. It would require over 80% of STHs to take their free ticket(s) for this game and I doubt if even 75% of STHs will claim their free ticket at all - rebate offer campaigns (which this offer is basically) generally have a redemption rate of just over 20%.
I have Bumbleflex
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

I have 4 of the 10,000 tickets - West upper, Row K - looking for a good home at a reasonable price. PM me if interested.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

My team for Saturday:

1. Jack McGrath
2. Sean Cronin
3. Tadgh Furlong
4. Devin Toner
5. Scott Fardy
6. Sean O'Brien
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Jack Conan
9. Luke Mcgrath
10. Johnny Sexton
11. Adam Byrne
12. Robbie Henshaw
13. Rory O'Loughlin
14. Barry Daly
15 Joey Carberry
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:My team for Saturday:

11. Adam Byrne
12. Robbie Henshaw
13. Rory O'Loughlin
14. Barry Daly
15 Joey Carberry
Pacy but a bit green, no?
Barry Daly - fastest rugby player in Ireland: https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/isa-nace ... ose-138677
Ferg will be raring to put in some borderline tackles I'm sure.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

curates_egg wrote:
Leinsterlunatic wrote:My team for Saturday:

11. Adam Byrne
12. Robbie Henshaw
13. Rory O'Loughlin
14. Barry Daly
15 Joey Carberry
Pacy but a bit green, no?
Barry Daly - fastest rugby player in Ireland: https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/isa-nace ... ose-138677
Ferg will be raring to put in some borderline tackles I'm sure.
Less green than ROL starting on the wing last year.