Leinster v Montpellier, Saturday, 1pm, RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Montpellier, Saturday, 1pm, RDS

Post by Hippo »

Dev was my MOTM, I thought his work rate was sensational and his contributions made a real difference. Apart from McGrath's kicking (and unfortunately, passing), it was generally a really impressive team performance especially given the youthful profile. Montpellier I'm delighted to say were really disappointing, one dimensional bosh merchants without an ounce of wit.

I'd like to mention the half-time display from the special needs teams. I thought it was wonderful to see and the players clearly had a brilliant time, it was just a pity that the PA announcer had to say 'a big hand for our half-time minis' at the end. Dope.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dev dropped about a stone over the summer. Looks like he’s gotten used to it and has found his fighting weight.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Hippo wrote: I'd like to mention the half-time display from the special needs teams. I thought it was wonderful to see and the players clearly had a brilliant time, it was just a pity that the PA announcer had to say 'a big hand for our half-time minis' at the end. Dope.
Sadly that wasn’t the worst - he obviously has a ‘script’ he reads from because the intro and ‘outro’ are the same week in week out so, as he always does, he introduced the special needs teams as ‘future stars of Leinster and Irish Rugby’
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Xanthippe wrote:
Hippo wrote: I'd like to mention the half-time display from the special needs teams. I thought it was wonderful to see and the players clearly had a brilliant time, it was just a pity that the PA announcer had to say 'a big hand for our half-time minis' at the end. Dope.
Sadly that wasn’t the worst - he obviously has a ‘script’ he reads from because the intro and ‘outro’ are the same week in week out so, as he always does, he introduced the special needs teams as ‘future stars of Leinster and Irish Rugby’
Yes, noticed that faux pas. In fairness while that was embarrassing, it's hard to do that cheerleader 'job' without making those type of statements. But the question is, why have anyone doing that at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Fantastic result and performance by the kids. No Sexton, Fardy, Kearney's, SOB, Heaslip, Leavy and Ringrose. Yet we BP against a Montpellier team 2nd in the Top 14. Brilliant! Plus ISA going off so early.
Is that the youngest team we've ever put out in the Heino?
James Ryan, 21 years of age at Lock, quite awesome I must say.
Luke McGrath really has to get better at his passing, I know it's a broken record at this stage but the amount of times guys were receiving it above their heads.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

On McGrath, his speed to the ruck and decision making were both excellent. Box kicks ponderous. But the speed he was getting there and flinging the ball away has to impact the quality of pass (I know peter stringer and countless other examples to contradict me, just thought he was fighting so hard to put pace on the game and that’s why he had a couple of bad ones).

Byrne was a net positive for me and very willing to get speedbumped. I don’t think it’s fair to hang him on not effectively tackling nadolo.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Luke got in a very important ankle top on Nadolo on his first rumble into our 22.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

neilinboston wrote:On McGrath, his speed to the ruck and decision making were both excellent. Box kicks ponderous. But the speed he was getting there and flinging the ball away has to impact the quality of pass (I know peter stringer and countless other examples to contradict me, just thought he was fighting so hard to put pace on the game and that’s why he had a couple of bad ones).
The problem is that it was way more than 'a couple of bad ones'. I know, there's a whole lot more to his all round game, but his passing is at times a serious issue and takes a vital half second from exit strategies, backline moves etc.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Double post
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

neilinboston wrote:
Byrne was a net positive for me and very willing to get speedbumped. I don’t think it’s fair to hang him on not effectively tackling nadolo.

I think the mistake we make is in 'reviewing' Nadolo as winger, whereas he's really a number 8 with amazing pace. The real mistake Byrne made was getting tempted by Luke getting a hand to Pienaar's pass to Nadolo and misjudging its subsequent flight.

Speaking of 8's it was good to see 'Picamoley' back to operating in narrow channels. Looks to have regressed physically as well.
I have Bumbleflex
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

Right now, i'm watching Montpelier away to Racing in the Top 14. Montpelier are missing some players, and there's the old french "away" issue: but they have been abject. Dropped ball, passes to touch, lads running into each other. Cruden and Steyn are kicking like drains.
The commentators say they are top scorers in the league. The commentators have also just apologised for the quality of the match :lol: . Ruan Pienar is injured, so maybe he's been the guy who steers them into positions for Nadolo/Nagusa to rack up the scores?