Leinster A 17-18

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster A 17-18

Post by mildlyinterested »

so Munster A this weekend... wonder what type of side we will have?

1. E Byrne
2. B Byrne
3. Bent
4. Molony
5. Kearney
6. Murphy
7. Timmins
8. Deegan
9. Rock
10. Frawley
11. Byrne
12. COB
13. Mullin
14. O'Brien
15. Kelly
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

mildlyinterested wrote:so Munster A this weekend... wonder what type of side we will have?

1. E Byrne
2. B Byrne
3. Bent
4. Molony
5. Kearney
6. Murphy
7. Timmins
8. Deegan
9. Rock
10. Frawley
11. Byrne
12. COB
13. Mullin
14. O'Brien
15. Kelly
I can see Deegan and Byrne being held back for entended squad duty for the seniors.

Will be interesting to see if Loughman will be playing. I assume he will
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Is this match sold out? I just tried to buy on Ticketmaster and it said tickets weren't available. This was a surprise.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Made Of Ale wrote:Is this match sold out? I just tried to buy on Ticketmaster and it said tickets weren't available. This was a surprise.
You can pay at the gate
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Just saw on twitter that you can't get them online because they couldn't guarantee that they'd be delivered before tomorrow.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Leinster ‘A’

15. Jack Kelly
14. Tommy O’Brien
13. Gavin Mullin
12. Conor O’Brien
11. Barry Daly
10. Ciarán Frawley
9. Charlie Rock
1. Ed Byrne
2. Bryan Byrne
3. Vakh Abdaladze
4. Mick Kearney
5. Ian Nagle
6. Óisín Dowling
7. Peadar Timmins
8. Josh Murphy

Replacements

16. Sean McNulty
17. Peter Dooley
18. Michael Bent
19. Ronan Foley
20. Hugh O’Sullivan
21. Harry Byrne
22. Sean O’Brien

It's not that Sean O'Brien. Daly selected must mean Lowe starts on Sunday
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

As it's a Quarter Final I am guessing our season tickets won't cover this match.

Anyone know for sure?
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

IanD wrote:As it's a Quarter Final I am guessing our season tickets won't cover this match.

Anyone know for sure?
Only covers the group games.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

cormac wrote:
IanD wrote:As it's a Quarter Final I am guessing our season tickets won't cover this match.

Anyone know for sure?
Only covers the group games.
Thank you
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

cormac wrote:
Made Of Ale wrote:Is this match sold out? I just tried to buy on Ticketmaster and it said tickets weren't available. This was a surprise.
You can pay at the gate
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Just saw on twitter that you can't get them online because they couldn't guarantee that they'd be delivered before tomorrow.
Thanks for that. I think I'll wander up tomorrow so.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

7-6 to Leinster HT via twitter.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Very poor standard, even taking the conditions into consideration
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Leinster A 17-18

Post by neill_m »

17-6 to Leinster FT

Jersey won 22-10 v Donnie. Off to Bergerac country for the SF.
Last edited by neill_m on March 30th, 2018, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Good to get the win. Anyone stand out?
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

limecat wrote:Good to get the win. Anyone stand out?
Just tracking it on the twitter.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

limecat wrote:Good to get the win. Anyone stand out?
The Greystones scrumhalf was excellent.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Very poor and slow game. We barely touched the ball in the first 7/8 minutes and Munster slowed it down as much as possible, Loughman walking the whole way across the pitch to go off injured and preventing a lineout being taken on the near touchline was a particular highlight. Thought the ref was a bit fussy and could have let things go.

Thought the Byrne twins were great in open play, ran great lines and looked dynamic. A couple of dodgy lineouts but one seemed like a miscommunication and another didn't look crooked to me. The balance in the back row wasn't great although individually they were physical and worked hard.

The outside backs barely got the ball but TOB was really good whenever he was involved. His try scoring pass was outstanding and I doubt I was the only one who never saw it coming. He probably could have got in for the try himself but popped it inside to Kelly which took out the defenders who were corner flagging. Didn't think Kelly or Daly were great, didn't get involved too much and looked hesitant and out of position at times. I really didn't notice Mullin at all apart from his break for the try. One more positive was COB, thought he was really good. He carried very strongly and was eager to make things happen.

Bill Johnston is such a classy player. He organises things really well and his execution is always good, have high hopes for him if he can keep fit.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

How were Frawley and Rock?
I have Bumbleflex
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Dave Cahill wrote:How were Frawley and Rock?
Both of them did alright, not outstanding.

Conor O'Brien was the pick of the backs ... by a mile. He strikes the ball so well as a left-foot kicker that clearance kicks are a joy to watch. He also strolled over the gainline any time he wanted at No12. Really, really talented.

Ed Byrne and Peadar Timmins very good in the pack, Bryan Byrne too. They all worked hard on a filthy wet day. Lots of good defense, especially in the second half. Very difficult conditions to play attacking rugby with ball in hand, thus lots of kicking.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Very poor and slow game. We barely touched the ball in the first 7/8 minutes and Munster slowed it down as much as possible, Loughman walking the whole way across the pitch to go off injured and preventing a lineout being taken on the near touchline was a particular highlight. Thought the ref was a bit fussy and could have let things go.

Thought the Byrne twins were great in open play, ran great lines and looked dynamic. A couple of dodgy lineouts but one seemed like a miscommunication and another didn't look crooked to me. The balance in the back row wasn't great although individually they were physical and worked hard.

The outside backs barely got the ball but TOB was really good whenever he was involved. His try scoring pass was outstanding and I doubt I was the only one who never saw it coming. He probably could have got in for the try himself but popped it inside to Kelly which took out the defenders who were corner flagging. Didn't think Kelly or Daly were great, didn't get involved too much and looked hesitant and out of position at times. I really didn't notice Mullin at all apart from his break for the try. One more positive was COB, thought he was really good. He carried very strongly and was eager to make things happen.

Bill Johnston is such a classy player. He organises things really well and his execution is always good, have high hopes for him if he can keep fit.
Would agree with much of that. It was a day when players generally did better without the ball. Leinster probably created a little more but not by a lot. Both Munster centres acted as a handbrake on any attacking intentions and it wasn't until late on that the Munster backline offered any threat outside of cross-kicks. Conditions were poor and defences on top but the lack of ambition with the ball from both sides was a little dispiriting. However the move for the decisive try was the one shining beacon on a grey old day. Lovely line from Mullin and he did well to find Tommy O'Brien with a bouncing bomb of a pass. Don't think O'Brien was going to get into the corner but he showed good awareness to draw the cover and feed Kelly on his inside.

The pack did well to eventually subdue the Munster maul which looked to be a very effective weapon early in the game but the pack figured a way to counter it while the overall shoddiness of Munster's handling and passing when they got into decent positions did the rest.

I'd say Leinster A will need to offer a good deal more to get to the final.