Leinster A 17-18

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wwed
Learner

Re: Leinster A 17-18

Post by wwed »

Aungier came on as tighthead, Bent moved across to loosehead. Only a couple of scrums after he came on, one was under pressure, but another lead to a penalty. Didn't do much bad or good around the pitch, although you could see how mobile he is. Was disappointed with Dowling, a couple of knock-ons and not as good an impact as I've seen from him before.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

johng wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:How'd Aungier get on when he came off the bench? Same with Dowling and Doris.
Pretty good. He came on at lose head. Benty played 80. Not sure what happened with Dooley but he was in the crowd rather than on the bench. Dowling looked good and strong and I think he played a lot of the 2nd half with Josh Murphy in the 2nd row and we were still hammering their scrum. Dorris looks tougher each time I see him. especially when you consider his age.

Bristol weren't quite as bad as the scoreline suggested and had a reasonable amount of possession.
Dorris is going to be a super player.

He was interviewed in one of the match-day programs earlier this season and said [to paraphrase] that he's as happy playing No6 as he is No8 – good news for us, because it can balance out that backrow depth chart for us a bit and allow us to keep him in Leinster colours.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

wwed wrote:Aungier came on as tighthead, Bent moved across.
shows how much attention I was paying then....
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

johng wrote:
wwed wrote:Aungier came on as tighthead, Bent moved across.
shows how much attention I was paying then....
You were either, annoying the fup out of Plumber or gone over the way for another pint.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

hugonaut wrote:
johng wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:How'd Aungier get on when he came off the bench? Same with Dowling and Doris.
Pretty good. He came on at lose head. Benty played 80. Not sure what happened with Dooley but he was in the crowd rather than on the bench. Dowling looked good and strong and I think he played a lot of the 2nd half with Josh Murphy in the 2nd row and we were still hammering their scrum. Dorris looks tougher each time I see him. especially when you consider his age.

Bristol weren't quite as bad as the scoreline suggested and had a reasonable amount of possession.
Dorris is going to be a super player.

He was interviewed in one of the match-day programs earlier this season and said [to paraphrase] that he's as happy playing No6 as he is No8 – good news for us, because it can balance out that backrow depth chart for us a bit and allow us to keep him in Leinster colours.
He'll have a massive year at U20s this season I reckon. Speaking to a few people who say he's unbelievable and streets ahead of his peers
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: He'll have a massive year at U20s this season I reckon. Speaking to a few people who say he's unbelievable and streets ahead of his peers
Has been that case for years. Starting for blackrock sct at 6 as a u16. Senior deal next year for Leinster hopefully.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote: He'll have a massive year at U20s this season I reckon. Speaking to a few people who say he's unbelievable and streets ahead of his peers
Has been that case for years. Starting for blackrock sct at 6 as a u16. Senior deal next year for Leinster hopefully.
We should give him a contract just to hear the Sky and BT lads try and pronounce his name.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

the spoofer wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
We should give him a contract just to hear the Sky and BT lads try and pronounce his name.
To be fair, they've coped well with Larmour and van der Flier.

A fella I know insists on calling him Larmour in the fancy french way despite the fact I've corrected him 5 or 6 times. Gets annoying. But I digress.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

the spoofer wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
To be fair, they've coped well with Larmour and van der Flier.

A fella I know insists on calling him Larmour in the fancy french way despite the fact I've corrected him 5 or 6 times. Gets annoying. But I digress.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leinster ‘A’

15. Ciarán Frawley(under-21)
14. Jack Kelly(under-21)
13. Gavin Mullin(under-21)
12. Conor O’Brien(under-22)
11. Tommy O’Brien(under-20)
10. Cathal Marsh CAPTAIN
9. Charlie Rock
1. Peter Dooley
2. Ronan Kelleher(under-20)
3. Jack Aungier(under-20)
4. Mick Kearney
5. Ian Nagle
6. Josh Murphy
7. Max Kearney(under-20)
8. Peadar Timmins

Replacements

16. Sean McNulty
17. Adam Coyle(under-22)
18. Óisín Heffernan
19. Óisín Dowling(under-21)
20. Ronan Foley(under-20)
21. Hugh O’Sullivan(under-20)
22. Michael Silvester(under-20)
Last edited by mildlyinterested on January 12th, 2018, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Surely curtains for Heffernan?

I know he's been injured (?) but benching behind a player straight out of schools must mean he's done
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Surely curtains for Heffernan?

I know he's been injured (?) but benching behind a player straight out of schools must mean he's done
let's see how they perform Heffernan has been excellent for 'Nure this year when available. Leinster have to see Aungier at this level asap and this is a good option.

Heffernan is a competitor who performs when the chips are down. He's still a prospect for a Pro career, even if a bit "old school" in outlook and preparation.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Ruckedtobits wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:Surely curtains for Heffernan?

let's see how they perform Heffernan has been excellent for 'Nure this year when available. Leinster have to see Aungier at this level asap and this is a good option.

Heffernan is a competitor who performs when the chips are down. He's still a prospect for a Pro career, even if a bit "old school" in outlook and preparation.
Think you are being very optimistic on Heffernan.. but maybe you are right.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Old fashioned tightheads ( not freakishly athletic gym bunnies like Porter) are late bloomers usually so can be worth a bit of extra time.

We have 3 tightheads and are close to 2 on Schminutes, so there’s room in the squad
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Is Richard Dunne injured? Or maybe just leaprfrogged by Max Kearney, who had the more glittering schools' rugby career.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

ronk wrote:We have 3 tightheads and are close to 2 on Schminutes, so there’s room in the squad
Yeah, I was going to say something similar. It's entirely conceivable that we end up in a world where McGrath & Healy on the other side of the scrum, and Furlong and Porter on the other, are in most Ireland 23s. With that in mind, we need much more depth than most teams. Vakh seems the most likely 4th choice tighthead, but we need to invest beyond that.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

CiaranIrl wrote:
ronk wrote:We have 3 tightheads and are close to 2 on Schminutes, so there’s room in the squad
Yeah, I was going to say something similar. It's entirely conceivable that we end up in a world where McGrath & Healy on the other side of the scrum, and Furlong and Porter on the other, are in most Ireland 23s. With that in mind, we need much more depth than most teams. Vakh seems the most likely 4th choice tighthead, but we need to invest beyond that.
they are investing beyond there with Aungier..
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

mildlyinterested wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:
they are investing beyond there with Aungier..
Yeah, I know that - I just mean that we need to be cautious about how many we let go and how many we keep on investing in. I reckon we'll need the Heffernan's of the world in the long run.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

This game is against Cardiff with 2.30 p.m. Sat
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Leinster leading 19 15 at half time