Glasgow v Leinster, Sat, 1pm, Sky.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Glasgow v Leinster, Sat, 1pm, Sky.

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:That bench looks like it will strangle the shite out of Glasgow in the last 30.
Does it vibrate or something?
Brilliant [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

curates_egg wrote:
I'm not - trying to - patronise you. I've just seen no evidence that Tracy is a better thrower than Cronin - who is also by no means good. Earlier in this thread somebody pointed to evidence to the contrary last weekend.
I was simply trying to pull you up on presenting 'Tracy is a better thrower than Cronin' as a fact with no evidence for the assertion.
Our lineout has been pretty cr@p with every hooker over the past two seasons, which would imply it doesn't really matter which hooker is throwing.
If they are both shite throwers, I personally think Cronin offers more.
and the coaches often disagree, although not this weekend
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

Keith wrote:
Leinsterlunatic wrote:Very harsh on Jordi, honestly thought he was pushing for a starting place.

Is Daly our first choice winger now? What a few weeks it's been for Barry Daly.

Happy to see Healy from the start, he looks fitter then ever.

Feel bad for Adam Byrne, but he just hasn't been good enough the past few weeks, he'll be better for it.

DK can count himself lucky getting into the 23.
Completely disagree on Byrne not being good enough... especially when we are talking about McFadden being chosen ahead of him, he's been brilliant in attack and under the high ball.

Also if this guy is being questioned because of his defence against one of the fiercest wingers in the NH (Not saying you are but I see people on other forums) than what chance does any young winger have here?
My quote was that Adam Byrne hasn't been good enough in the past few weeks, obviously he took some great high balls in the Munster game, but his defence has been awful.

I also said that he would be better for it. I don't think anyone is doubting Adam's ability, however, he needs to improve on his defensive characteristics before he plays in a very important European away game.
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

Is Larmour injured?

Sorry see he's starting for the A's. He must be pushing Fergus/Byrne at this stage..?
Last edited by Leinster Lout on October 20th, 2017, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Leinster Lout wrote:Is Larmour injured?
No, he's starting tomorrow for Leinster A.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:
Keith wrote:
Leinsterlunatic wrote:Very harsh on Jordi, honestly thought he was pushing for a starting place.

Is Daly our first choice winger now? What a few weeks it's been for Barry Daly.

Happy to see Healy from the start, he looks fitter then ever.

Feel bad for Adam Byrne, but he just hasn't been good enough the past few weeks, he'll be better for it.

DK can count himself lucky getting into the 23.
Completely disagree on Byrne not being good enough... especially when we are talking about McFadden being chosen ahead of him, he's been brilliant in attack and under the high ball.

Also if this guy is being questioned because of his defence against one of the fiercest wingers in the NH (Not saying you are but I see people on other forums) than what chance does any young winger have here?
My quote was that Adam Byrne hasn't been good enough in the past few weeks, obviously he took some great high balls in the Munster game, but his defence has been awful.

I also said that he would be better for it. I don't think anyone is doubting Adam's ability, however, he needs to improve on his defensive characteristics before he plays in a very important European away game.
They weighed the pros and cons and there wasn't enough in attack to make up for his defensive errors. I say that as someone who vehemently disgreed with the extreme stuff written here about his role in the Montpellier match. Considering how easily he was dragged out of position by Munster the management seem to have decided he was too big a risk against a better Glasgow attack. Who can disagree with that? I don't think it's controversial.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:
Leinster Lout wrote:Is Larmour injured?
No, he's starting tomorrow for Leinster A.
DK seen as 14 cover too but Larmour not my best guess
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
I'm not - trying to - patronise you. I've just seen no evidence that Tracy is a better thrower than Cronin - who is also by no means good. Earlier in this thread somebody pointed to evidence to the contrary last weekend.
I was simply trying to pull you up on presenting 'Tracy is a better thrower than Cronin' as a fact with no evidence for the assertion.
Our lineout has been pretty cr@p with every hooker over the past two seasons, which would imply it doesn't really matter which hooker is throwing.
It is certainly a positive in the squad to have real positive competition for positions. That was a hallmark of the Schmidt period of success (we had real competition for 7 or 8 positions).
Right now, with everyone fit, we have real positive competition in 9 or 10 positions. It bodes well if it can be managed properly.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

curates_egg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
It is certainly a positive in the squad to have real positive competition for positions. That was a hallmark of the Schmidt period of success (we had real competition for 7 or 8 positions).
Right now, with everyone fit, we have real positive competition in 9 or 10 positions. It bodes well if it can be managed properly.
For sure. It also creates rotation possibilities. For example Jack McGrath and James Tracy put in serious shifts last week. To me it therefore makes sense to let Ciano and Nugget start this week and the other pair do the finishing.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

curates_egg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
That's just the kind of positivity we need around here.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

A LBP would be a very good result but we may be able to get on top of them in the tight forwards and, if the weather is poor, that could see us sneak a priceless away win. I think we need to keep it tight tomorrow, not quite ten man rugby but keep things a little narrower than we've done since Lancaster came on board. We should have the skill set to execute an opportunity if it's on but I'd rather we don't spin the ball wide for the sake of it and allow Glasgow to pick us off on counter attack ball.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I know it's not a "must win" game tomorrow, but realistically if we don't win then we'll need to win in either Exeter or Montpellier. I'm always of the opinion that if we're serious about winning the competition then we shouldn't worry about losing (generally in the context of looking forward to tough groups) but with that said, I would say there's less chance of winning the Exeter and Montpellier games. So personally I wouldn't take a LBP right now.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I know it's not a "must win" game tomorrow, but realistically if we don't win then we'll need to win in either Exeter or Montpellier. I'm always of the opinion that if we're serious about winning the competition then we shouldn't worry about losing (generally in the context of looking forward to tough groups) but with that said, I would say there's less chance of winning the Exeter and Montpellier games. So personally I wouldn't take a LBP right now.
Plus a win pretty much eliminates Glasgow
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Tackling abysmal at times
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

What did I say about the attacking maul during the week!

If that were Munster they’d build statues to it!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Think Healy has proved he deserves that starting place!
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

mcgrath having a mare, cant remember a worse scrumhalf performance from any of the provinces, serious question marks over him as a starter now. Fardy looks good stepping up today, and having a great game in bad conditions. Sexton playing brilliantly and cant do more really is the difference at the moment
mature performance by furlong and the pack, toner having a decent game again, and in pole position now for november
Daly showing again he is up to this level, must be coming on Joe Schmidts radar by now
conditions were poor, but tackling seems to be a bit of a problem at the moment , SL has work to do
Healy is back!
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Great finish to first half, fair play to Healy his best game in a long time
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Luke McGrath having a bit of a mare kicking, which you can excuse a bit, but passing ropey again and making a few errors.

Very little coming out of our backs, but Noel Reid playing well.

Fardy is class.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I'm gonna say it. Starting Cian was the right decision :shock:

#NeverAfraidToCallIt