Ulster vs Leinster: Saturday 28th, 18.30 (BBC & Sky)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Ulster vs Leinster: Saturday 28th, 18.30 (BBC & Sky)

Post by Ruckedtobits »

paddyor wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:I think that we'll have to focus on the Ulster game and throw the Glasgow game under the bus - when you have a set of games like this you have to concentrate on your own conference.
Yep. Though Glasgow are likely to be down a few players as well with intl. callups.
That's definity true as their new National Coach 'Grigor' has his first home game and their rankings have improved dramatically and part of their sponsorship deal relates to their WR ranking at each year end. They could miss up to 7 starters by my count as Rennie has picked a very settled team since the start of the Season.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Seanie looks pegged to start as Joe wants him match ready for the AIs.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

The backrow that started saturday are all 6+1 for the season. Can see there being some rotation there.

Maybe
Leavy
SOB
Murphy

Healy too has had 4+3 games so think he'll be rested. Is there a case for bringing in Porter and starting him?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

paddyor wrote:The backrow that started saturday are all 6+1 for the season. Can see there being some rotation there.

Maybe
Leavy
SOB
Murphy

Healy too has had 4+3 games so think he'll be rested. Is there a case for bringing in Porter and starting him?
I’d leave Porter on the right hand side he’s bedding in well.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
paddyor wrote:The backrow that started saturday are all 6+1 for the season. Can see there being some rotation there.

Maybe
Leavy
SOB
Murphy

I’d leave Porter on the right hand side he’s bedding in well.
SOrry I didn't mean Porter for Healy. I meant as a TH.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

Would be great to see Porter and some of the other fringe players involved.

I would also like to see Jordi get a game, felt it was tough on him being dropped out of the 23 last week, I believe people are forgetting how critical he was for both Leinster and Ireland before his injury.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:Would be great to see Porter and some of the other fringe players involved.

I would also like to see Jordi get a game, felt it was tough on him being dropped out of the 23 last week, I believe people are forgetting how critical he was for both Leinster and Ireland before his injury.
and he's been in great form too this season
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

My guess would be something like:
McGrath, Tracy, Bent, Fardy, Ryan, SOB, Leavy, Jordi, JGP, Sexton, DK, Reid, ROL, Byrne, Carbery
Dooley, Cronin, Porter, Molony, Ruddock, McGrath, Byrne, Ferg

Would be happy enough with that tbh.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote:My guess would be something like:
McGrath, Tracy, Bent, Fardy, Ryan, SOB, Leavy, Jordi, JGP, Sexton, DK, Reid, ROL, Byrne, Carbery
Dooley, Cronin, Porter, Molony, Ruddock, McGrath, Byrne, Ferg

Would be happy enough with that tbh.
Deegan for Ruddock, start Porter and switch SOB and Murphy.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Hope to see McCarthy involved this weekend.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Strauss might be involved too. He travelled to Glasgow.
Dont Panic!
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

paddyor wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:I think that we'll have to focus on the Ulster game and throw the Glasgow game under the bus - when you have a set of games like this you have to concentrate on your own conference.
Yep. Though Glasgow are likely to be down a few players as well with intl. callups.
Makes sense. Will have a strong team against Ulster so if we win that with the Glasgow game so close to the South Africa game then it's a great chance for a 2nd or 3rd team on the 4g pitch v Glasgow and with the squad depth we have we might do ok and it's not the end of the world if we don't.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

matt wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Makes sense. Will have a strong team against Ulster so if we win that with the Glasgow game so close to the South Africa game then it's a great chance for a 2nd or 3rd team on the 4g pitch v Glasgow and with the squad depth we have we might do ok and it's not the end of the world if we don't.
Scotland squad for the AIs announced. Contains most of the players who started Saturday.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Scotlands Autumn is Samoa NZ Aus in that order so theyll want their guys well rested
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Lealifano AND Cooney injury doubts for Ulster

Deysel is back though
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Psychologically, they should be brittle, as they got seriously stomped in the second half by La Rochelle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USOD8LG ... ubs_digest
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Rob Kearney due to start, according to the Indo today.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

simonokeeffe wrote:Lealifano AND Cooney injury doubts for Ulster

Deysel is back though
Felt really sorry for Cooney on Sunday (watched the whole game). He got brought on at outhalf and did his best but he is clearly not an outhalf. The injury situation at Ulster must be pretty bad if that was what they had to resort to (and Leafano must definitely be properly injured).
Which begs the question: if both Leafano and Cooney are injured, who is the outhalf? Presumably that young guy who had been playing there is also injured or why else was Cooney thrown on?

With Cooney and Leafano, Ulster have looked good. Paul Marshall and A N Other could be a big ask.
I smell blood.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

They had young outhalves playing A rugby, no idea why they chose Cooney as cover at 10.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

curates_egg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Lealifano AND Cooney injury doubts for Ulster

Deysel is back though
Felt really sorry for Cooney on Sunday (watched the whole game). He got brought on at outhalf and did his best but he is clearly not an outhalf. The injury situation at Ulster must be pretty bad if that was what they had to resort to (and Leafano must definitely be properly injured).
Which begs the question: if both Leafano and Cooney are injured, who is the outhalf? Presumably that young guy who had been playing there is also injured or why else was Cooney thrown on?

With Cooney and Leafano, Ulster have looked good. Paul Marshall and A N Other could be a big ask.
I smell blood.
theyre then into someone with a runny nose with an oversized jersey
CiaranIrl wrote:Rob Kearney due to start, according to the Indo today.
Carberry is due a rest but then 15 becomes a very big call, although RK probably would get more gametime at Glasgow