The answer by the way is
.....FACT(S)
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Leinster Front Row Options going forward

Post by limecat »

mildlyinterested wrote:If Cronin did leave, we'd be in quite the pickle..
Or else we'd be allowed to sign a quality niq hooker as a replacement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

joooooe wrote:I suspect Sean Cronin's absence from the Ireland squad is for similar reasons to Simon Zebo's. The only reason Zebo's move was announced so early was so as to pre-empt his being omitted from the Ireland squad. Clearly, Joe Schmidt said to Zebo that he would drop him if he signed for Racing Metro/PSG. He signed anyway and then made sure it was out before the Ireland squad was announced.

I suspect something similar is happening with Cronin and would not be surprised if we hear in January that he has agreed to sign for a wealthy club. In fact, I suspect the deal has already been done.
You're very suspicious Joe, I hope you're not going to drop a load of our approaching pensioner players based in your suspicions. :twisted:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Oldschool wrote:
joooooe wrote:I suspect Sean Cronin's absence from the Ireland squad is for similar reasons to Simon Zebo's. The only reason Zebo's move was announced so early was so as to pre-empt his being omitted from the Ireland squad. Clearly, Joe Schmidt said to Zebo that he would drop him if he signed for Racing Metro/PSG. He signed anyway and then made sure it was out before the Ireland squad was announced.

I suspect something similar is happening with Cronin and would not be surprised if we hear in January that he has agreed to sign for a wealthy club. In fact, I suspect the deal has already been done.
You're very suspicious Joe, I hope you're not going to drop a load of our approaching pensioner players based in your suspicions. :twisted:
"Approaching pensioner player"...Cronin is 31, still has his pace as we saw recently, the way your going on he's using a zimmerframe to get on to the RDS
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Leinster front row options going backward https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 92521.html
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Someone mentioned to me recently that Ollie had competed in an Ironman contest. I assumed they were talking utter b*%&!x and had got it confused with one of those Strongman challenges. This guy used to scrimp on the warm-up sprints when he was at Leinster. Lethal from two metres out though.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That was a good read, thanks CE!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

cormac wrote:Someone mentioned to me recently that Ollie had competed in an Ironman contest. I assumed they were talking utter b*%&!x and had got it confused with one of those Strongman challenges. This guy used to scrimp on the warm-up sprints when he was at Leinster. Lethal from two metres out though.
He was very fit though as he said himself...
Ollie Le Roux wrote: I’m a classic endomorph. We look fat but we can carry bulk. People like to see these athletes rippled with stomach muscles but it’s not how you look, it’s what you do on the field. There’s too much emphasis these days on what guys can bench-press in the gym. I’ve always loved training. I’m an exceptional squash player. I also love water polo and there’s no more physically demanding sport
I have Bumbleflex
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That was a good read, thanks CE!
It's the least the Indo could do for you, given the amount of content for their rugby pages they get from here.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

on the topic of hookers:

Ronan Kelleher(St. Michaels) made his AIL debut off the bench for Lansdowne at the weekend.
Dan Sheehan(Clongowes) is a regular in Trinity's match day squad.
Eoghan Clarke(CBC Monkstown) is starting regularly for Wanderers.
Stephen McLaughlin(Blackrock) is starting regularly for Blackrock.
Richie Bergin(St. Marys) made his AIL debut off the bench for UCD at the weekend, only under-19.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Malcolm Marx is 6'2 114kg, leinster should be looking to convert Peadar Timmins and other backrowers.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote:Malcolm Marx is 6'2 114kg, leinster should be looking to convert Peadar Timmins and other backrowers.
A refrain which is close to my heart and Marx will show how during his 65 mins. Thereafter, Oxygen debt - even at sea-level will prevail
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

No pure loosehead in academy at the moment and the possibility one of the younger senior looseheads could leave i.e Dooley.

Interesting to see what happens..
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote:No pure loosehead in academy at the moment and the possibility one of the younger senior looseheads could leave i.e Dooley.

Can't see us losing a senior LHP when we will provide two LHPs to National Squad throughout November and all of Feb and March - missing probably seven Pro14 games in total including Camps. So Ed Byrne and Peter Dooley are essential components of Leinster, regardless whether Nucifora wants to shore up Munster or Ulster.

Loughman going on Loan to Munster is a new variation and assuming he can't play against us, a very good opportunity for him to get game time and still have a Leinster contract.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Ruckedtobits wrote: Can't see us losing a senior LHP when we will provide two LHPs to National Squad throughout November and all of Feb and March - missing probably seven Pro14 games in total including Camps. So Ed Byrne and Peter Dooley are essential components of Leinster, regardless whether Nucifora wants to shore up Munster or Ulster.

Loughman going on Loan to Munster is a new variation and assuming he can't play against us, a very good opportunity for him to get game time and still have a Leinster contract.
Not having a go but why would you think he can't play against us? Quinn Roux played against us twice while on loan to Connacht.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Ruckedtobits wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:No pure loosehead in academy at the moment and the possibility one of the younger senior looseheads could leave i.e Dooley.

Can't see us losing a senior LHP when we will provide two LHPs to National Squad throughout November and all of Feb and March - missing probably seven Pro14 games in total including Camps. So Ed Byrne and Peter Dooley are essential components of Leinster, regardless whether Nucifora wants to shore up Munster or Ulster.

Dooley may wish to leave though, if he is out of contract... He could be getting a lot more gametime elsewhere. So he may be an essential player for Leinster, but for personal reasons he may see need to leave leinster.

I doubt Loughman will be with Leinster next season but I could be wrong.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Xanthippe wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote: Can't see us losing a senior LHP when we will provide two LHPs to National Squad throughout November and all of Feb and March - missing probably seven Pro14 games in total including Camps. So Ed Byrne and Peter Dooley are essential components of Leinster, regardless whether Nucifora wants to shore up Munster or Ulster.

Not having a go but why would you think he can't play against us? Quinn Roux played against us twice while on loan to Connacht.
Understood that as our first "internal" loan, we forgot to include the non-complete clause and there were red faces when he had a great night against us.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:

Understood that as our first "internal" loan, we forgot to include the non-complete clause and there were red faces when he had a great night against us.
Ah okay didn’t know that- thanks RTB
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Healy "did the media" yesterday. Some nice articles out there but I enjoyed this one with David Kelly:
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 03560.html
Massive credit to the guy to come back the way he has. Had a good season last season but has been playing some cracking stuff this season.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Also in the meeja: Furlong locked down for 3 more years. Great news.
400-500k supposedly. On present form and ability, he's worth it. Wait for the howls from down South https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/tadhg-fu ... and-144301