Jordan Larmour

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Jordan Larmour

Post by blockhead »

Logorrhea wrote:
blockhead wrote:Jordan Larmourghini is even winning peno's at the breakdown now!
The TV director went to Larmour but i'm pretty sure it was JGP that got over the ball and won that turnover. He had no right to win that one.
Yep. have rewatched the recording (in english :happy clapper: ) it was JGP. And wonderschlong gets all the credit. Its going very well for him right now.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Think it was actually Luke McGrath who got that turnover.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Think it was actually Luke McGrath who got that turnover.
Lmao
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

:lol:

Larmour isnt afraid to get stuck in legally or otherwise at rucktime, which will appeal to Joe

Would be tough on ROL if Larmour played 13 but would be exciting. Assuming Isa not an option at 12
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

simonokeeffe wrote:
:lol:

Larmour isnt afraid to get stuck in legally or otherwise at rucktime, which will appeal to Joe

Would be tough on ROL if Larmour played 13 but would be exciting. Assuming Isa not an option at 12
He played 13 through school and scored a bucket load of tries from that position more often than not fairly spectacular efforts! Full back gives him that extra yard of space and you can see what he does with space but you'd say the same about Joey!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I don't want Larmour ruined at centre by having to worry about bulking up and crashing over gainlines etc, or stopping opposition centres from doing so. There's also less space for him to exploit at 13. And I also don't want tiresome criticisms of defensive decision-making at 13 (necessarily a very difficult task) used to justify excluding him from Leinster/Ireland teams. Let him blossom in the back 3, he's well able to deal with the high balls, seems to have a good kicking game and most importantly gets lots of space out there, and not as much bulk required/defensive responsibility compared to 13.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

neiliog93 wrote:I don't want Larmour ruined at centre by having to worry about bulking up and crashing over gainlines etc, or stopping opposition centres from doing so. There's also less space for him to exploit at 13. And I also don't want tiresome criticisms of defensive decision-making at 13 (necessarily a very difficult task) used to justify excluding him from Leinster/Ireland teams. Let him blossom in the back 3, he's well able to deal with the high balls, seems to have a good kicking game and most importantly gets lots of space out there, and not as much bulk required/defensive responsibility compared to 13.
His strength and conditioning are not an issue. David Jones at Andrew's is one of the best in the business and Leinster have complimented David on the remarkable condition that Porter and Larmour have built up over the years.

I think the lack of space at 13 is a fairly powerful argument for him to play there. O'Driscoll was an exceptional player because he used the limited space so well and scored a bucketload of tries. Larmour could well do something very similar. He's that good.

Obviously we have an exceptional talent in Gary Ringrose there so Leo and Swerve have some serious selection headaches to deal with!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Strength and conditioning certainly aren't an issue but I think you misunderstood what I meant. He's an optimistic 5'10" and weighs 91 kg, which is already bulky for him (not problematically bulky). So what I mean is that the kid is approaching the genetic limits of how jacked he can be, which as you say is a huge compliment to conditioning staff. If it's even possible for him to gain much more muscle mass, it would have to affect his mobility, change of direction, etc (but not necessarily raw speed in a straight line). That's not good, and they might make him do that if he was moved to centre.

Now, what if because of his strength (for a relatively small size) they didn't make him bulk up more? BOD managed as a small centre, but they are very few and far between nowadays. D'Arcy has repeatedly said that if he were coming through now, he'd be too small and probably moved to scrum-half (he's 5'11", 91 kg).

Larmour is 5'10" and 91 kg and superbly conditioned, but the physical limitations of that being your genetic size will be exposed by centres who are 6'2"+ and 105 kg+ in the collisions, no matter how powerful and strong you might be for your size, and no matter who your conditioning coach was or is. McCloskey, Chris Farrell, Te'o, Danty, Nonu Bastareaud, Sonny Bill, De Allende etc etc will win 9/10 collisions running a hard line straight at Larmour, no matter how strong Larmour might be. That's a problem defensively as a centre.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Is there nothing to be said for Fardy at centre?

Surely 6'6" ish, 110+kg and a hell of an angry face could do a great job against that lot!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Morf wrote:Is there nothing to be said for Fardy at centre?

Surely 6'6" ish, 110+kg and a hell of an angry face could do a great job against that lot!
He'd get over the gainline and he has the hands.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

I'd say Larmour weighs about the same as Ringrose, in a stockier physique. choosing which to play 13, I'd probably go with the former, if based purely on body type.

I'd definitely see him more as a Jason Robinson type of player than a Drico. I think we should be using that footwork in space, ideally at 15 if possible.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

The morning papers reporting Leinster have signed him up to a senior contract (to ward off potential suitors). No details on the duration though
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

LeinsterLeader wrote:The morning papers reporting Leinster have signed him up to a senior contract (to ward off potential suitors). No details on the duration though
I am surprised this didn't happen sooner. Being in the Irish squad probably fast tracked the necessity of it. As its his first contract his value will be rising rapidly so wouldn't be surprised if its for max 2 years unless they offered him €200K+ which would be unlikely

With the general media storm over pay gender gaps at the moment its funny to thing he was earning about 1.5-2% of what some of the others around him were. ( in 2016 academy pay was doubled from 4K to 8K
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

R-Dog wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:The morning papers reporting Leinster have signed him up to a senior contract (to ward off potential suitors). No details on the duration though
I am surprised this didn't happen sooner. Being in the Irish squad probably fast tracked the necessity of it. As its his first contract his value will be rising rapidly so wouldn't be surprised if its for max 2 years unless they offered him €200K+ which would be unlikely

With the general media storm over pay gender gaps at the moment its funny to thing he was earning about 1.5-2% of what some of the others around him were. ( in 2016 academy pay was doubled from 4K to 8K
I'd assume academy guy would get perks on top of that (accommodation, collage fees etc)?

150 quid a week is not a lot to be living on!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Schmidt praises Jordan Larmour and says Ireland are hoping to accelerate his progress into a matchday squad or even a starting XV.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
R-Dog wrote:

I'd assume academy guy would get perks on top of that (accommodation, collage fees etc)?

150 quid a week is not a lot to be living on!
Yeah they'd all have college scholarships afaik and accommodation would be sorted if they needed/wanted it.
williamstowndude
Beginner

Post by williamstowndude »

Precedent set by Quins deal with Marcus Smith, also in international/EPS camp as an apprentice.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

R-Dog wrote:

And yet he still probably makes more in the academy than female international players. Closer analogy would be medical students or junior doctors IMO. Academy players are really underpaid though. Same with interns etc in a lot of businesses

Great news for him and us. Plus it frees up an academy spot
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Congratulations Jordan Larmour. :clap: :clap: :clap: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :D
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

3 wonder tries in his debut season and all in big games.
Grand Slam, European Cup and Pro14 title.
Oh Larmour indeed!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!