Jordan Larmour

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Jordan Larmour

Post by Ruckedtobits »

papachino wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUSANCkoX5s

reminds me of this young guy; the new super rob!?
RK was much more a swerver than a stepper, but this clip did show a delicious left to right step which it would be great to re-kindle.
22dropout
Bookworm

Post by 22dropout »

As the official Leinster nickname allocator I announce Jordan Larmour should from now on be known as......

Larmourghini
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

22dropout wrote:As the official Leinster nickname allocator I announce Jordan Larmour should from now on be known as......

Larmourghini
Jordan Larmourghini. Has a certain F1 feel to it. I like it!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Eristic wrote:He's scored two amazing tries in blue and put in eye catching performances at every level since school boy days.
While we're always going to get excited about one of our own, I'm not sure we're seeing anything that Craig Gilroy hasn't done and yet he can't make it anywhere near an Ireland squad.
People are quick to forget Gilroy's try vs Munster in the HEC or his numerous highlight reels.

Ah Larmour is on a different level to Gilroy. While not the finished product yet, he does the basics well and looks like he doesn't mind the rough stuff.

Looks like a player that with a bit of luck is going to get many Ireland caps.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

In fairness, anyone who was at the opening game in the Aviva Stadium would have sworn on a stack of the holy book of their choice that Gilroy (and Marshall) would be mainstays of the Irish team for a decade
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I've always been a big fan of Gilroy but he's a bit of a one trick pony. He's not a good kicker or passer, and whilst I actually think he's a pretty good defender, his size means he was never going to be great in that respect. It's hard to run around people every week so he needed to improve the rest of his game and he never really did, probably partly because of injuries and the competition at Ulster to be fair to him. Said it many times before but technically he's poor in pretty much every respect. He gets away with it a lot because he's just naturally talented and committed, but that can only take you so far. Like I said, I still rate him quite highly but I think there are elements of his game that held him back that shouldn't be an issue for Larmour.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I've always been a big fan of Gilroy but he's a bit of a one trick pony. He's not a good kicker or passer, and whilst I actually think he's a pretty good defender, his size means he was never going to be great in that respect. It's hard to run around people every week so he needed to improve the rest of his game and he never really did, probably partly because of injuries and the competition at Ulster to be fair to him. Said it many times before but technically he's poor in pretty much every respect. He gets away with it a lot because he's just naturally talented and committed, but that can only take you so far. Like I said, I still rate him quite highly but I think there are elements of his game that held him back that shouldn't be an issue for Larmour.
Gilroy is an inch taller and 2 kg heavier than Nacewa. His size should be no excuse. He just has poor technique in everything he does other than stepping
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

His defensive positioning has always been a weakness. Between that and a week kicking game youd want to be Caucau going forward
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

ChrisUppy wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I've always been a big fan of Gilroy but he's a bit of a one trick pony. He's not a good kicker or passer, and whilst I actually think he's a pretty good defender, his size means he was never going to be great in that respect. It's hard to run around people every week so he needed to improve the rest of his game and he never really did, probably partly because of injuries and the competition at Ulster to be fair to him. Said it many times before but technically he's poor in pretty much every respect. He gets away with it a lot because he's just naturally talented and committed, but that can only take you so far. Like I said, I still rate him quite highly but I think there are elements of his game that held him back that shouldn't be an issue for Larmour.
Gilroy is an inch taller and 2 kg heavier than Nacewa. His size should be no excuse. He just has poor technique in everything he does other than stepping
Nacewa is hardly typical for his size.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jordan Larmourghini is even winning peno's at the breakdown now!
I honestly think we could do without him getting involved in the 6N. He's only just into the Leinster team and its not like we(Ireland) are short of back 3 players. Let him have a crack at Scarlets instead.
BTW, when Joey comes back, where does he play? 10 or 15?
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Joey plays 10 of course
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

So 15 then?..........

My guess is as the man himself said. He'll play where ever he is selected
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Larmour is a better FB than Carberry, and Sexton a better out half so I'd have him at 23.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

fourthirtythree wrote:Larmour is a better FB than Carberry, and Sexton a better out half so I'd have him at 23.
Sexton at 10, yes better. Larmour v Carberry at 15 is closer I think, remember Joey v Wasps last season? Sublime. That pass to Isa.
Might as well pick Rob.

Seriously though, does he get back in if all are available? Even to the 23?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think it's obvious that his best position is 15, but would say that there's an opening on the wing for him. Ferg was brilliant yesterday but personally I don't think either of our wing spots are set in stone, and the right wing is open for Ireland too (if Stockdale is now locked in for the left side). I know I'm exaggerating slightly (partly because it would take a long post to go into it in the necessary detail) and that both the Leinster and Ireland coaches have guys who they rely on but if he got a shot on the right wing for Leinster (looked a bit uncomfortable on the left at the start of the season) then I could see him hanging on to that jersey for us and getting a shot there for Ireland at some stage.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I do remember that match, he was sublime going forward but couldn't field, was out of position, and put us under huge pressure three or four times due to this.

I'm sure he must be better now, except I haven't seen much of him at FB, and he needed a run of games to sort that out. He hasn't really got it though. He'd be in my 23 every time. Just right now I'd play alarm our ahead of him at 15 and Sexton at 10.

Edit
Wonder will Larmour get a look at centre with Ringrose injured?
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

blockhead wrote:Jordan Larmourghini is even winning peno's at the breakdown now!
The TV director went to Larmour but i'm pretty sure it was JGP that got over the ball and won that turnover. He had no right to win that one.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

fourthirtythree wrote:Edit
Wonder will Larmour get a look at centre with Ringrose injured?
Leo was hinting at that after the game. Saying he was good at centre against Ulster.
Quote in here, as part of an article about Larmour basically collecting people's glowing references after the game:
http://www.the42.ie/jordan-larmour-lein ... 1-Jan2018/

As for Gilroy, I've always been a massive fan - fast, steppy and a tough tackler. Out and out winger though. Larmour has a lot more strings to his bow. Added to his step, he seems to have vision and time on the ball, similar to Carbery.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

He also just works really hard. There will be plenty of games where he won't be able to dance around people or will drop balls but I reckon his base level of performance will always be pretty high because of his workrate.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Logorrhea wrote:
blockhead wrote:Jordan Larmourghini is even winning peno's at the breakdown now!
The TV director went to Larmour but i'm pretty sure it was JGP that got over the ball and won that turnover. He had no right to win that one.
That was a brilliant turnover by JGP if we are thinking of the same one.

He got right on over the ball and got hammered by a few Ulster players who just tried to bosh him off instead of legitimately trying to clear him out.

All the while Clancy really didn't want to give the penalty. It took him a good 5-6 seconds to blow the whistle
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick