Leinster v Dragons Fri 7.35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Dragons Fri 7.35 TG4

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I don't hold out much hope for Marty improving at this stage (or staying fit if he does) but Dooley and a fit Marty would be serious additions for Ulster. It has the potential to be a great combo but Dooley would be a great signing on his own anyway, if I was part of the Ulster set up I'd be doing everything possible to make it happen. Barring injury it doesn't look like there's any chance of either Dooley or Byrne becoming second choice before the WC, and pretty much no chance of being first choice.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

the spoofer wrote:
curates_egg wrote:Great to see Isa back. A bit weird to see him back on the wing. I guess the thinking is Ringrose will partner Henshaw, so Isa moves elsewhere...but he was getting caught out on the wing last season. I'd have swapped him with Larmour.
Shame Dooley, for what ever reason, doesn't seem to be ticking the boxes he was two seasons ago, when he was so good.

Would have liked to see McCarthy start this one. Hopefully, he gets a half.
Looking quite likely that Peter Dooley has signed for another club next season. He has impressed every time he has played this season and last and I can't imagine his demotion is performance related.
could be, but i'd imagine he is off, can't blame him.. shame as he is a club player and we need as many of them in squad as possible.

how are dooley's darts? :mullet 2:
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Don't know, I only ever saw him play 8 at club level.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

the spoofer wrote:Don't know, I only ever saw him play 8 at club level.
could make one hell of a hooker.. :happy clapper:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I see Jack Kelly was at Ireland training, would have been a good time to have him on the bench tomorrow.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I see Jack Kelly was at Ireland training, would have been a good time to have him on the bench tomorrow.
needs more time.. yet to even start an AIL game since his return from injury.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dooley has the skill-set and mental capacity to play at the top of the game. Always reminds me of Heinke van de Merwe and I have no higher complimentt to offer a prop.

He is a quiet guy who plays his best against toughest opponents but needs game time at a high level to demonstrate his potential. Have no doubt he would be a great signing for Ulster (and a big loss to Leinster) if he decides to go north.

Go luck to him either way. A great Leinster man, maybe unfortunate in his era. He won't be the first to be caught between waves.
Last edited by Ruckedtobits on November 23rd, 2017, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Excited to see Josh Murphy in action, he's the type of tall, rangy, athletic back row we haven't produced many of in Ireland. Hopefully he's less Robin Copeland and more Tom Croft. Deegan getting another run is also exciting, I really think he and probably Dorris too have the potential to get to the very top.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

Leinster are back after a three week break. Their last game saw them defeated away to Glasgow. On paper it looks a tough task to win away to Glasgow, but Leinster actually started the game really well. They were left to rue a disastrous ten minute spell in the first half though when weak defending allowed Glasgow to run in three tries. Leinster had the advantage up front and they dominated possession in the second half but a lack of leadership and some desperate decision making meant they went home with nothing. The defeat meant they dropped back behind Ulster into third place in Conference B.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

neiliog93 wrote:Excited to see Josh Murphy in action, he's the type of tall, rangy, athletic back row we haven't produced many of in Ireland. Hopefully he's less Robin Copeland and more Tom Croft. Deegan getting another run is also exciting, I really think he and probably Dorris too have the potential to get to the very top.
A young fella in Cork fits the description but maybe not the profile you have in mind. O'Mahony is the surname.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Our match-day 23 have about 1,200 Leinster caps between them - with 23 experienced players unavailable. Holy Cow!
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Really excited about this line up...I think if we'd got a few more decisions and been a bit smarter we could have got points from Glasgow the last day out

Excited to see how Josh Murphy goes in his first start along with Deegan who I think needs to stay in games more(tends to drift in and out of games from what I've seen) Expecting a big game from Cronin, hopefully being left out of Irish squad has giving him the motivation needed to get his season going.
Hopefully Moloney can impose himself physically a bit more with Fardy in situ

Good to see Jordan Larmour at 15, very dangerous last day out...ferg McFadden and Isa will be key to getting us set defensively

Here's hoping on a decent crowd
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Dooley has the skill-set and mental capacity to play at the top of the game. Always reminds me of Heinke van de Merwe and I have no higher complimentt to offer a prop.

He is a quiet guy who plays his best against toughest opponents but needs game time at a high level to demonstrate his potential. Have no doubt he would be a great signing for Ulster (and a big loss to Leinster) if he decides to go north.

Go luck to him either way. A great Leinster man, maybe unfortunate in his era. He won't be the first to be caught between waves.
Dooley doesn't strike me as the most skilful, ball-skills-wise. I'd say Ed Byrne's handling is a fair bit better. Dooley's body position is excellent when he's carrying though - a bit reminiscent of David Wallace
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Dooley has the skill-set and mental capacity to play at the top of the game. Always reminds me of Heinke van de Merwe and I have no higher complimentt to offer a prop.

wow, hang on there lads wait until it's actually confirmed he is gone. Both Dooley and Byrne are very good players and Leo could be letting both players prove themselves. Dooley has already proven himself at European level but Byrne has been unlucky with injury and is in desperate need of game time.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd be disappointed if Dooley is leaving, don't see the same potential in Byrne personally. But good on him if he makes the choice to.

Really, really looking forward to seeing Josh Murphy play. Love a good limber blindside.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Presume this is only on TG4? Can someone give us a shout when/if the game makes it onto YouTube?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

domhnallj wrote:Presume this is only on TG4? Can someone give us a shout when/if the game makes it onto YouTube?
Ireland & UK – LIVE on TG4 from 7.35pm Friday
Asia – LIVE on Eurosport Asia from 3.35am HKT Saturday
New Zealand – LIVE on The Rugby Channel from 8.35am Saturday
Australia – Delayed on BeINSports 3 from 8.00am AEST Saturday

Or if you have a computer at hand.........
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

Hopefully another step forward or sidestep for Larmour

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
DaveMr
Beginner

Post by DaveMr »

Have 2 spare south stand tickets if anyone wants them
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

domhnallj wrote:Presume this is only on TG4? Can someone give us a shout when/if the game makes it onto YouTube?
+1