To whom it may concern

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

To whom it may concern

Post by the spoofer »

Please note that if the powers that be insist on Leinster playing on Friday at 19.35 then they will be losing one season ticket holder.

Having to leave work at 4 o'clock is bad enough but Friday evening traffic means that it's no longer worthwhile. An hour an 10 minutes from M50 roundabout to Ballsbridge.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: To whom it may concern

Post by paddyor »

the spoofer wrote:Please note that if the powers that be insist on Leinster playing on Friday at 19.35 then they will be losing one season ticket holder.

Having to leave work at 4 o'clock is bad enough but Friday evening traffic means that it's no longer worthwhile. An hour an 10 minutes from M50 roundabout to Ballsbridge.
It's terrible between now and Christmas, probably better on a saturday afternoon but not by a whole lot tbh especially alont the M50 around Liffey Valley and Blanch.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

I suppose no matter when they schedule games for, it will not suit some supporters.
Four Stars
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Lar wrote:I suppose no matter when they schedule games for, it will not suit some supporters.
Dublin traffic between now and Christmas is a sh*tshowesp Friday evening. I think Spoofer has a point but at the same time we do only have 1 game at this time of year.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

the spoofer wrote:Please note that if the powers that be insist on Leinster playing on Friday at 19.35 then they will be losing one season ticket holder.

Think last Friday was a particular Sh1t Show for Traffic, Took me bout an hour to get from East link to Stillorgan at 3.30!

If you are going from M50 to Ballsbridge your best taking the Sandyford exit down Brewery road and come back in along the N11 against the traffic
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Fridays are cr@p for anyone coming from the other 11 counties. I know last weekend was different with the Irish game but 7 on a Saturday should be the prime slot for us.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

R-Dog wrote:If you are going from M50 to Ballsbridge your best taking the Sandyford exit down Brewery road and come back in along the N11 against the traffic
This.

Either way, it's not like Leinster are the ones deciding this stuff.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

If you don't mind me asking, which M50 roundabout are you referring to and where are you travelling from and where is home? I don't need an eircode like, but you know, a ball park :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Lar wrote:I suppose no matter when they schedule games for, it will not suit some supporters.
Statistically, with ~10000 STH it is impossible for scheduling not to suit at least some of them.

People can get uppity about not being from Dublin and it being unfair etc.

I live in Dublin and couldn't tell you the amount of games I missed when I worked weekends or evenings.

My suggestion is to build a bridge. The games have to be played
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, which M50 roundabout are you referring to and where are you travelling from and where is home? I don't need an eircode like, but you know, a ball park :lol:
Up from Longford. The M4/M50 roundabout thingy but there were warnings about long delays on M50 so couldn't get down there. It takes about an hour 40minutes on a Saturday evening but add at least an hour on a Friday. Also means having to leave work at 4 as I don't work in Longford.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Would the train be of any use to you. I live in Blanchardstown and I get the Western Commuter train into the RDS/Aviva for Friday night games - it also serves Maynooth, Leixlip and Lucan (and indeed Longford itself on occasion)? Of course then you're a hostage to Irish Rail scheduling which might not suit either. If it did though it would mean not having to drive across the city
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:Would the train be of any use to you. I live in Blanchardstown and I get the Western Commuter train into the RDS/Aviva for Friday night games - it also serves Maynooth, Leixlip and Lucan (and indeed Longford itself on occasion)? Of course then you're a hostage to Irish Rail scheduling which might not suit either. If it did though it would mean not having to drive across the city
It's an option to get it from Maynooth as last train to Longford leaves at an unbelievable 19.05. Even when there are internationals. No special trains and definitely no extra carriages!
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

A few extra games at 5.30 on a Sat would be good for those travelling and also for kids.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

the spoofer wrote:Up from Longford. The M4/M50 roundabout thingy but there were warnings about long delays on M50 so couldn't get down there. It takes about an hour 40minutes on a Saturday evening but add at least an hour on a Friday. Also means having to leave work at 4 as I don't work in Longford.
I drove into the game on Friday and started out on the M4 near Leixlip at about 17.15 then headed southbound on the M50 to the Templeogue turnoff, called into the parents for about an hour, left there around 18.30 and was in the Simmonscourt RDS car park just after 19.00.

In total I don't think I was more than 45-50 minutes in the car from the M4 to the RDS and didn't hit any traffic of note.
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

I work in swords. If I leave an hour before the game I always make it. Including last Friday with about 10min to spare.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

As usual for Friday night games, I left work in Clondalkin on Friday evening at 4:45pm and took the Red Cow roundabout, M50, then Stillorgan exit, then N11 back against the exiting traffic as has been mentioned.
I usually arrive at the Church car park beside the RDS @ 5:30pm.
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

As usual for Friday night games, I left work in Clondalkin on Friday evening at 4:45pm and took the Red Cow roundabout, M50, then Stillorgan exit, then N11 back against the exiting traffic as has been mentioned.
I usually arrive at the Church car park beside the RDS @ 5:30pm.
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

** Though that hasn't helped my posting skills. :roll:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Lads.

There are no roundabouts on the M50.

It's a motorway. :)
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:Lads.

There are no roundabouts on the M50.

It's a motorway. :)
There's a huge car park on the M50 tho!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.