Exeter Chiefs v Leinster Sunday 5.30 BT

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Exeter Chiefs v Leinster Sunday 5.30 BT

Post by footrush »

Ruckedtobits wrote:BTW, always thought that Cian had more problems against barrel-chested, 'slopey' shouldered props like Alan Jones and Francis than with taller, square-shouldered giants like Heyman and SA and Argentinian props. Cian's great power in his left arm gives him leverage against the bigger guys with square shoulders which he can't exercise in the same way if his opponent has 'slopey shoulders'. Just a theory mind you and they have to be very good THPs to give him any trouble in the first place.
Spot on in my book aswell !.
Flying wedge
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

johng wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Are we allowed to pick Fardy at 6? I remember there being uncertainty there.
A/ He has already played 6 for us afaik.
B/ There was never any question of him not being "allowed" to play 6. Just that we signed him as a 2nd row to replace Triggs and we have a geansai load of back row players.
There was some talk of that, i.e the IRFU only sanctioning the deal with the express proviso that we play him exclusively in the second-row. But yeah it wouldn't really make sense.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Why would the IRFU do that? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Who was talking about it? People adding 2 and 2 and getting 70?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

why would we want him to play 6 as things stand anyways? He has been brilliant for us in the row and very quickly, and we have a lorryload of backrows who are top class at 6
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Dave Cahill wrote:why would we want him to play 6 as things stand anyways? He has been brilliant for us in the row and very quickly, and we have a lorryload of backrows who are top class at 6
Exactly: this is what Leavy, Murphy, and Conan (in a pinch for example) are there for. We have no other player that does what Fardy does. We are lucky enough to have three second rows of sufficient quality in Ryan, Fardy, and Toner. Turns out you need three for the match day squad.