Exeter Chiefs v Leinster Sunday 5.30 BT

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Exeter Chiefs v Leinster Sunday 5.30 BT

Post by Oldschool »

How the f^ck did we win that game without POM.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Exeter Chiefs v Leinster Sunday 5.30 BT

Post by artaneboy »

Oldschool wrote:How the f^ck did we win that game without POM.
Shure, aren’t all Sexton’s people from Kerry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

3 minutes after the kick-off I thought to myself, " we've got this!"
Chiefs were good, we were just at another level
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Fun fact: Every English team lost this weekend.

Makes it more critical to get a home quarter final and aim for the top 2 slots. Winning at home vs a La Rochelle or Clermont is a very different proposition to winning away.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

CiaranIrl wrote:Fun fact: Every English team lost this weekend.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take that Nigel Fuckwit! Think they'll withdraw for a better deal elsewhere? One where they will just win so much they get tired of it?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Conans best game in Europe?

Toner was immense
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschool wrote:How the f^ck did we win that game without POM.
Well we did out Munster them for the last 25 mins. :lol:

Brilliant pack performance, that said, Exeter were very disciplined in defence not to give away a peno in all those phases.
As for next week, they put in a lot more work than we did, the tackle count will testify to that.
Well done Plumber.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

blockhead wrote:
Brilliant pack performance, that said, Exeter were very disciplined in defence not to give away a peno in all those phases.
Penalty count of 6-7 is an astonishing tribute to both teams discipline in a game of such immense intensity
blockhead wrote: As for next week, they put in a lot more work than we did, the tackle count will testify to that.
221/245 by Exeter. 221!!!
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

BTW, watched this on a stream so no recording but would be convinced their try was illegal as preceding phase involved obstruction of Henshaw by two players ahead of the ball when it was passed out the trapdoor.

Poite referred the game well but asked the wrong question on Dev's try and awarded Jack's when there were hands under the ball. However, for a game full of tension and hard hits, he did well but was not assisted much by mid-field offsides from both teams - much more from them as we had majority of possesion.

Overall, possibly our most comprehensive & gutsy away European victory since 'Quins in 2009 (Clermont in Bordeaux was like a Home game!)
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Exeter 245 tackles 24 missed
Leinster 94 tackles 7 missed
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Massive win.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

https://youtu.be/CESaIo_P6HA

Not the best editing, but highlights
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

blockhead wrote:Exeter 245 tackles 24 missed
Leinster 94 tackles 7 missed
Says a lot we were determined not to give an inch. Some great performances especially Furlong and Dev.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Ruckedtobits wrote:BTW, watched this on a stream so no recording but would be convinced their try was illegal as preceding phase involved obstruction of Henshaw by two players ahead of the ball when it was passed out the trapdoor.
I thought that was blatant at the time, but couldn't hear the commentary in the pub so don't know if it was referred to. Enormous team performance, but, you know, Furlong. Ferg terrific as well.

Very unimpressed with Exeter, they were game but stunningly one-dimensional, and their kicking was abysmal.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Poite and his assistants this evening made a complete mockery of basic understandings of the offside rule.

There's a team being coy and pushing the limits and then there is Exeter taking the total piss and getting away with it.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

Very valuable and deserved win over a team that is so hard to defeat. Well done. Your front row was excellent, likewise Fardy and Ruddock. SOB and Conan not as evident but must have been getting seriously stuck in. Nacewa made a few uncharacteristic errors but McFadden worked like a dog all afternoon. Kearney should have made the tackle to prevent chiefs try but he didn’t. Of the replacements I thought McGrath was excellent and Tracy did well but a bit weak in the line outs. Not sure what VDF’s role was meant to be but I’d have expected much more involvement from him. Toner excelled in many aspects too. Overall a very good win, the fourth of four for the Irish Provinces this weekend. Three wins over English Premiership team (who lost all five of their Champions Cup games, Saracens ppd.) Thats a weekend worth celebrating!
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Dave Cahill wrote:
FourMasters wrote:Who got MOTM? Would be Furlong for me, he is some animal.
As it was for Flatman on BT, who, btw, was a really enjoyable listen
As much as it pains me to say it (BT have a long road to redemption with me to make up for their role in the self-harming Heinexit), I have to admit Flatman is very good.
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

Today's win was extreemly impress. We won and we prevented Exeter from getting a losing bonus point. With a little kinder officiating we may have two other disallowed trys awarded giving us a four try bonus. I am now confident that will get a bonus point win next week. No doubt the team will have learnt the lesson of the Northampton home game a few years ago.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Great win! I'd say the players are exhausted after that one. There were a good few errors but we were dominant overall and managed to lift it when we needed. To be able to move through the gears against a team like Exeter is really impressive, always felt we'd get a score if we needed one.

Furlong was outstanding. Jack McGrath was great off the bench, never stopped looking for the ball and making hard yards. Dev and SOB really grew into it in the second half, as did Conan.

I can't remember another game which required as much effort and yet looked so comfortable.
All the 50-50s went Exeter’s way in that first half. Even their field position and pressure at the end of the half came about because of (what looked like) an incorrect knock-on given against Nacewa. When you add in the offside interpretation, by rights that performance deserved a more comfortable scoreboard.

I don’t think Exeter are just as good as Saracens, but they are ahead of any other premiership team. To beat them like that, whilst not getting those first half calls is impressive. There were some silly moments in the first half too mind you. I’m not sure about the 4th scrum (one after the yellow card). Instead of attacking blind off quick ball, or going open with a spare man, they held it in the scrum. It didn’t look like being a push over try and had already gained a yellow, so I’m not sure what they were hoping to achieve by keeping it in. Next time they are playing as well as today, they’ll hope to be further in front!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

tingman wrote:and that my friends was awesome...out chiefing the chiefs.
We definitely beat them at their own game in the second half. A lot of grits and guts throughout.
We looked tasty and could've won the game in the first 20 minutes but nice to win a game like that. Reminds me of The Stoop.
Some poor box kicking and passing aside, it was a possession masterclass.
Keeping them out after thirty plus phases and then patiently going through 44 phases to score ourselves. Huge, huge psychological victories...although I thought we could have had a dropgoal a few times in that sequence.
They won't know how to prepare for next week.
Tight five were super. Shame for Dev. 100% a try; TMO tried to tell Poite to give it too.